2020-21 Around the NBA Thread

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Scott Pippen just accused Phil Jackson of being a racist because he let Kukoc take a final shot against the Knicks. Could this guy be anymore desperate to stay relevant?? So in a split decision at the end of the game....Pippen is selling....Jackson thought.....which white guy can I have make this shot?!?!?! Then he does to give his incoherent babble on a call to Steve Kerr by MJ saying MJ was just playing to cameras.

Pippen is a tool.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I love that Patrick basically stopped asking questions and just responded with “okay . . . okay . . . “ when Pippen started going all Q-anon tinfoil hat crazy. Patrick tried to keep up with pippens insane Kobe rant and eventually was just like “why am I interviewing crazy here?”

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I love that Patrick basically stopped asking questions and just responded with “okay . . . okay . . . “ when Pippen started going all Q-anon tinfoil hat crazy. Patrick tried to keep up with pippens insane Kobe rant and eventually was just like “why am I interviewing crazy here?”
:lol:

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Pippen to Patrick: "Do you understand English?"

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

This is seriously mental illness territory.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trending on Twitter @Russ Smith
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Interesting. It wouldn't be a shock I think they realize they want to win right now the window is probably short due to the ages of Curry, Draymond and Klay. Odd though. Bob Myers and Labob have been quite outspoken about how high they are on Wiseman. One of the guys on a UCLA site I'm on attended some thing recently where Myers was a virtual speaker and he said literally it's about UCLA and Myers is there on the call talking about how they think Wiseman is going to be a great player.

But you can see why going after a Siakam would make sense to try and win now.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think they think that with Klay and Steph, their window is now, and they do not have time to wait for Wiseman.

Golden State general manager Bob Myers said last week the team is "not trying to develop players at the risk of losing," displaying a newfound sense of urgency with the team's core of Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson and Draymond Green all on the wrong side of 30. Wiseman, who was taken with the No. 2 pick in the 2020 NBA Draft, had his ups and downs as a rookie and will likely still be dealing with growing pains next season.

So this is apparently pretty new I'm assuming after the lottery when they know where they stand.

also note that's from a Bay aRea article that says it's believed Wiseman, Wiggins and the 7th overall pick would get them Siakam.

That's 3 lottery picks for Siakam, and Wiggins first overall pick Wiseman 2nd overall pick and the 7th overall pick, for a former 27th overall pick, shows you how much Siakam has improved that suggesting that trade doesn't seem at all wacky.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All of these scenarios just point to the Suns having to be aggressive improving the team no matter what happens this year. Super teams are gonna Super.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I loved KD's leadership response to Pippen with his comment of him being the guy who sat out the shot because the coach drew up a play for someone else. I'm never one to dismiss racism. I also think Pippen severely overvalues his offensive capabilities.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow. No Trae tonight. Who’d have thought that the Bucks series might end sooner than ours.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose