2020-21 Around the NBA Thread

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The league won't let the 2 LA teams to be ousted in round 1. There wouldn't be a California team in the second round. Just small market teams in the West. Denver, Dallas, Phoenix, and Utah.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kawhi doing everything he can with playoff P doing his second annual Playoff disaPpearance.

man, it would be great to see those self entitled douchebags bounced in the first round.

spoke too soon. George has come back strong in the fourth. Poop.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also, this is a game Doncic really needed to will his team to victory and looks like he’s coming up short.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kawahi was great tonight, single handedly won the game.

he’s still a freaking BEAST. That was an incredible performance on the brink.

this series is ridiculous and I’m looking forward to a Game 7 showdown.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Headcases or not, I think the Clippers still represent our biggest challenge to get through the West.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Mavericks tried to use their bench but Brunson missing consecutive free throws and a couple shots in a row didn't help.

I think the Mavericks should have used Boban when they couldn't buy an outside shot.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
The Mavericks tried to use their bench but Brunson missing consecutive free throws and a couple shots in a row didn't help.

I think the Mavericks should have used Boban when they couldn't buy an outside shot.
True, I think overall Dallas played well enough to win tonight until the fourth quarter. They just don’t have a reliable player outside of doncic. They have to fire Rick Carlisle, dump KP, and significantly upgrade their roster. Maybe bring Seth curry back. Also I thought the refs were inconsistent, but KL was the difference down the stretch.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
True, I think overall Dallas played well enough to win tonight until the fourth quarter. They just don’t have a reliable player outside of doncic. They have to fire Rick Carlisle, dump KP, and significantly upgrade their roster. Maybe bring Seth curry back. Also I thought the refs were inconsistent, but KL was the difference down the stretch.

Fire whoever traded for Porzingis and whoever constructed that roster but IMO Rick is still one of the top coaches in the game. He's taking a putrid roster to a game 7 against a much more loaded Clippers team.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Fire whoever traded for Porzingis and whoever constructed that roster but IMO Rick is still one of the top coaches in the game. He's taking a putrid roster to a game 7 against a much more loaded Clippers team.
Yeah I see what you are saying, and that would be mark cuban and Don Nelson Jr., but they also made the deal to draft doncic. Neither of those 3 are leaving anytime soon. I think the clock has run it’s corse on Rick Carlisle. the mavs haven’t won a playoff series since 2011. And before that he hadn’t won much in the playoffs in spite of having dirk putting out about 30/10 per game. all of the other younger teams are winning round 1 playoff series now, so that won’t go over well if they lose game 7 and I feel that they will. Portland fired their coach today so I think a similar fate lies for Rick if mavs don’t advance. I guess Cuban could fall on the sword and admit they screwed Rick Carlisle in player personnel department. To my knowledge Rick Carlisle was the one who advocated to trade Seth curry for more defensive minded players. They really could use curry now.

I think Carlisle and the mavs have been too soft on KP acting as if KP is Shawn Bradley. KP is on a max contract. He should be held to account for his play and get called for it. Yet Carlisle is praising him in the media. I do like that he’s put boban in, but in the fourth quarter Carlisle reverts to his status quo lineup. He fears playing Powell and Brunson. Overall I don’t see Carlisle doing much other than relying on luka. The clippers were bad today except for KL and Jackson played great in the first qtr. and the mavs couldn’t take advantage.

Last edited:

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am actually amazed how bad the Dallas supporting cast actually is.

just get doncic a couple decent creators and that team would be a lot scarier.

porzingis is just weird. His height is mostly just wasted the way he plays.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

KP is undumpable. Which is good for the suns and the rest of the western conference.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

clippers only seem to have three or four players doing anything, sort of like the Lakers. Kind of amazing how some players become ghosts as soon as the playoffs start.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
KP is undumpable. Which is good for the suns and the rest of the western conference.
They have to dump him. Like pay someone else to play him. It can be done. Or bring in another coach who will develop him into a better player.

Last edited:

Lorenzo

Reaction score
clippers only seem to have three or four players doing anything, sort of like the Lakers. Kind of amazing how some players become ghosts as soon as the playoffs start.
This is the frustrating part. But both teams are basically mirroring each other. KL is carrying the clippers and luka is carrying the mavs. Hardaway and Jackson played well in tandem and I think boban is a surprise, but aside from that everyone else underperformed.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I am actually amazed how bad the Dallas supporting cast actually is.

just get doncic a couple decent creators and that team would be a lot scarier.

porzingis is just weird. His height is mostly just wasted the way he plays.
They traded Seth curry away for a more defensive minded player(apparently that was Carlisle’s request). So I think they are seeing better defense in the playoffs, but they could use curry’s offense right about now.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They traded Seth curry away for a more defensive minded player(apparently that was Carlisle’s request). So I think they are seeing better defense in the playoffs, but they could use curry’s offense right about now.

Luka is a bad defender and so is Tim Hardaway Jr and Seth Curry. Playing all 3 together was asking for trouble. So trading Curry for defensive help wasn't a bad move, except no else has stepped up to fill in the offense they lost with Curry.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson