2020-21 Around the NBA Thread

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Would be interesting to see that happen for 7 games. Clips take game 6 and Mavs take game 7. Neither team is beating the Jazz IMO.

I’d give the clippers a shot, but they need to play better than they have been.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Would be interesting to see that happen for 7 games. Clips take game 6 and Mavs take game 7. Neither team is beating the Jazz IMO.

Memphis is pretty crappy. There are 6 legit playoff teams (Portland borderline). Jazz could easily Peter principle it up yet again. Royce O’Neale is not enough against Luka or Kawhi/PG. Could easily see the Jazz Jazz it up.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Every time I see that oubre ad I am amazed, how did he get that commercial over the 100 or so better players in the league?

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I’d give the clippers a shot, but they need to play better than they have been.
clippers definitely could win in 7. Dallas' role players better step up because they are watching Luka too often. I don't even know what Kristaps is doing in this series. he should get benched and replaced by Brunson. clippers got too sloppy with the handle in the fourth quarter, way too many cheap turnovers. with that said clippers could of pulled this out with how sloppy Dallas was in the final 2 mins.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Utah will probably sweep Dallas.

lol no

Dallas is holding a better 3pt shooting team to 36.5%. Jazz would struggle to score to a much greater extent than against Memphis. Luka would cook their terrible wing defense.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Pg13 was likable while with the Pacers. I loved how he brought it against lebron. Since he left and is now with the Clippers he’s just unlikeable to me for some reason. He did choke near the end of the game with two turnovers.

Mann really screwed up, had the great steal but doesn’t even attempt the layup.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, I would love to see the Clippers lose in the first round.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Luka had Bookeritis down the stretch. Despite his ridiculous numbers he almost single handed kept the Clippers in the game with his shot selection. It was horrible. That series. No home wins in that series yet.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Every time I see that oubre ad I am amazed, how did he get that commercial over the 100 or so better players in the league?
No coincidence that team played better without him at the end in the bubble... He wasn't all-in imo. Glad we moved on from that experiment.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
No coincidence that team played better without him at the end in the bubble... He wasn't all-in imo. Glad we moved on from that experiment.
Because it has little to nothing to do with how good of a basketball player he is and everything to do with his popularity. You think that rental car company cares at all how good he is at basketball?

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Pg13 was likable while with the Pacers. I loved how he brought it against lebron. Since he left and is now with the Clippers he’s just unlikeable to me for some reason. He did choke near the end of the game with two turnovers.

Mann really screwed up, had the great steal but doesn’t even attempt the layup.
George has played well after games 1 and 2. today the over aggressive fouls hurt him and when he was on the bench the mavs were destroying them. some of these fouls are trying to draw a charge or in the back court on the walk up, and that is careless. Luka basically outscored or matched PG and KL today, and if you count his assists he really outmatched them. that can't happen for LAC. Mann definitely had a lane to the basket at the end and pulled up.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Inside The NBA is the best studio show ever. Draymond trying to hit Chuck’s GUARANTEE button and a voice responding: “You’ve won too many championships to use this button” is pure comedy.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Because it has little to nothing to do with how good of a basketball player he is and everything to do with his popularity. You think that rental car company cares at all how good he is at basketball?
No they do not. But I think popularity and skill level should go somewhat hand in hand. Who knows.... Everything is bizarro nowadays.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Donovan Mitchell looks like he’s rounding into form.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
No they do not. But I think popularity and skill level should go somewhat hand in hand. Who knows.... Everything is bizarro nowadays.
Unfortunately skill has very little to do with popularity these days. Thank reality TV for most of that.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
No. Memphis is actually good defensively.

Jazz 4-1 averaging 123ppg. Memphis defense got exposed. Lol regular season numbers.

Dallas holding Clippers to 111ppg.

Jazz/Clippers are both ~as offenses. Could argue that Clippers offense is better built to score in post season.

Memphis SUCKS.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
JJJ getting tons of playoff minutes after being hurt all year killed Memphis on the defensive end. Guy is utter trash.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Jazz 4-1 averaging 123ppg. Memphis defense got exposed. Lol regular season numbers.

Dallas holding Clippers to 111ppg.

Jazz/Clippers are both ~as offenses. Could argue that Clippers offense is better built to score in post season.

Memphis SUCKS.
They got exposed because the Jazz are a good offensive team. I mean they averaged the most PPG in the western conference this year.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
They got exposed because the Jazz are a good offensive team. I mean they averaged the most PPG in the western conference this year.

Did you even read what I wrote? Jazz and Clippers are basically the exact same ORTG and the Clippers have better and more proven playoff performers.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Did you even read what I wrote? Jazz and Clippers are basically the exact same ORTG and the Clippers have better and more proven playoff performers.
Dallas definitely have a chance to beat the clippers now, although I would think they need to win game 6 at home. If Dallas beat the clippers then they should be looking at the rest of the conference saying they can beat anyone, but KP needs to start scoring more and I think Brunson needs to handle the ball more, maybe with Luka on the court. there is just such a drop off in scoring when Luka isn't handling so I think rick Carlisle isn't willing to go there.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson