2020-21 Around the NBA Thread

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Just imagine if Josh Jackson wasn’t a bone head and had that meeting with the Celtics. We might have had Tatum here..

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I almost get the feeling Washington isn’t going all out because they feel like they can get in with the second play in game and not have to face the Nets in the first round that way.

They just haven’t seemed like a team playing with like it’s hair is on fire tonight.

Its a shame we never got a KD vs Russ playoff series. I know a ton of people wanted to see that after KD took off to GS. When KD went to Brooklyn I didn't think it would happen but Westbrook going to Washington allows for the possibility again but the play in seems to be an issue now.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Knicks plan to allow 13,000 fans in first home playoff game.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if I want the play-in to stay.

It might help minimize tanking for lottery picks but it could also create another problem, playoff seeding manipulation.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I like the play-in. The battle for the final playoff spots often comes down to the last game or two anyway. This way, the teams that are directly affected are the ones who control the outcome, instead of the randomness of which potential spoilers will show up and compete.

As we've seen, the play-in tournament slightly devalues the #2 seeding position, but I don't think there's any way around that. Maybe we'll see more jockeying for position among the top teams as a result of the play-in below them.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the play-in. The battle for the final playoff spots often comes down to the last game or two anyway. This way, the teams that are directly affected are the ones who control the outcome, instead of the randomness of which potential spoilers will show up and compete.

As we've seen, the play-in tournament slightly devalues the #2 seeding position, but I don't think there's any way around that. Maybe we'll see more jockeying for position among the top teams as a result of the play-in below them.

yeah... I’ve enjoyed the end of season run up and the extra games. Gave us one classic. I don’t think it’s going anywhere.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I guess I don’t understand the play in. I thought the top 8 teams made the playoffs, but I guess that is not true?

They are always changing the rules. SMH.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess I don’t understand the play in. I thought the top 8 teams made the playoffs, but I guess that is not true?

They are always changing the rules. SMH.

What they're doing this year is new. The 7 and 8 teams play, the winner gets the 7th seed. The 9 and 10 teams play, the winner plays the loser of the 7/8 game for the right to be the 8th seed. Weird but it seems to work. And none of these games count as playoff games, so the stats just drop away.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Warriors look exhausted out there. The lost the game they should have won and it looks like no Curry in the playoffs.

man... that GS loss hurts. Coulda been the 1 seed.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Warriors look exhausted out there. The lost the game they should have won and it looks like no Curry in the playoffs.

man... that GS loss hurts. Coulda been the 1 seed.

It especially hurts because I doubt we'll see the Lakers that beatable again this postseason.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can we just sit Bazemore the rest of teh game? Can't make anything but the one layup, wide open looks bricking them over and over.

I'd much rather play Poole and maybe give Paschall a few minutes to see if he can give them a spark.

If I'm kerr I may not sit Curry very long at all, like 2 minutes

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh my lord... that Curry and 1 was ridiculous.

got another good one here!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Warriors fans who complained about calls in the last game better not say a word after getting that obvious leg kick off three point BS with under 2 minutes left down 5.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
how does Memphis not challenge that call on the Poole 3 clearly would have been overturned?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Curry’s penchant for HUGE turnovers in do or die games is weird.

big shot by Draymond!

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
terrible decision.

But he did make the call to play Grayson Allen in the OT who's made 2 huge 3's. But it doesn't get to OT if he challenged that call, just a terrible call

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I so badly wanted Morant.

ugh. Worst season the Suns ever have. There’s Zion or Morant. Both guys the team desperately needed at those positions... and we come out of it with Cam Johnson.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson