2020-21 Around the NBA Thread

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sucks but it would have been horrible to win the game because of that bad call on the Poole 3. Happy for Kyle Anderson and Morant was great tonight.

if he was healthy I don't get why Paschall didn't play, 7 points combined from Looney and Toscano-Anderson, Paschall isn't the defender they are but he's a real threat on offense and we needed that tonight.

Man I hope Klay is healthy next season

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
That was a hell of a game. The last 5 minutes plus overtime was as entertaining as it gets. Good for Memphis pulling through, after a relatively ho-hum season compared to last year, Ja was huge down the stretch.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How does dray miss a gimme 2.5 footer at end of regulation!!!!!????

So annoying.

He's really fallen off a cliff. Prior to KD's stint with the Warriors he was viewed as such a vital piece of that team and a top 10-15 player in the league but going back to Durant's last season there he's been a good defender and that is about it.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
JA has that old Derrick rose game going on, on top of that young Derrick rose game as well.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Warriors in the lottery, watch they win a top 3 pick

They also own the Wolves pick if it isn't top 3. So they could walk away with 2 top 4 picks if the lottery goes their way.

Plus side is they are in luxury tax hell. They're looking at paying at least $150 million in tax alone before resigning anyone.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
They also own the Wolves pick if it isn't top 3. So they could walk away with 2 top 4 picks if the lottery goes their way.

Plus side is they are in luxury tax hell. They're looking at paying at least $150 million in tax alone before resigning anyone.
Lol holy crap
Didnt know that

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's really fallen off a cliff. Prior to KD's stint with the Warriors he was viewed as such a vital piece of that team and a top 10-15 player in the league but going back to Durant's last season there he's been a good defender and that is about it.

Only as a scorer though. HIs defense is still elite and he's a great passer. But when Curry gets doubled and hits Draymond, his first thought is always pass, usually lob. That last shot he missed IMO he was looking to throw the lob first realized it wasn't there so he just threw it at the rim hoping it went in.

With Klay and Wiseman he'll be better, Wiseman to catch the lobs and Klay to spread the court more.

But that was a huge miss.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Only as a scorer though. HIs defense is still elite and he's a great passer. But when Curry gets doubled and hits Draymond, his first thought is always pass, usually lob. That last shot he missed IMO he was looking to throw the lob first realized it wasn't there so he just threw it at the rim hoping it went in.

With Klay and Wiseman he'll be better, Wiseman to catch the lobs and Klay to spread the court more.

But that was a huge miss.

Without Klay he's definitely lacking targets. Defenses can cut Curry off, to a certain extent, so that leaves Draymond with no one to set up.

Wiggins is such an overpaid bust. I get worried watching him because I think he's the wing version of Ayton or Ayton is the big version of him. He's ok, not great, but has the occasional game that makes you see why everyone was high on him at one point. Most of the time though he's average. He has the athleticism and natural gifts to be so much more but he doesn't seem to care.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Without Klay he's definitely lacking targets. Defenses can cut Curry off, to a certain extent, so that leaves Draymond with no one to set up.

Wiggins is such an overpaid bust. I get worried watching him because I think he's the wing version of Ayton or Ayton is the big version of him. He's ok, not great, but has the occasional game that makes you see why everyone was high on him at one point. Most of the time though he's average. He has the athleticism and natural gifts to be so much more but he doesn't seem to care.

I've been pleasantly surprised with Wiggins. If you get past the first pick in the draft and lower your expectations he's a good player. his defense has been very good this year. But he couldn't handle 2 passes from Curry last night that were easy layups. one he lost the ball the other he bobbled it and then missed the shot.

Even Curry had several huge turnovers and missed several open shots. The defense really seemed to bother him he got frustrated

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I've been pleasantly surprised with Wiggins. If you get past the first pick in the draft and lower your expectations he's a good player. his defense has been very good this year. But he couldn't handle 2 passes from Curry last night that were easy layups. one he lost the ball the other he bobbled it and then missed the shot.

Even Curry had several huge turnovers and missed several open shots. The defense really seemed to bother him he got frustrated

No no no no no and NO.

there is no in between. Complete bust he’s horrible point blank period. That’s how we roll on this board

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No no no no no and NO.

there is no in between. Complete bust he’s horrible point blank period. That’s how we roll on this board

Lol... thats how you project arguments on this board because actually having a conversation that’s not black and white is apparently too difficult for your brain to comprehend.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doncic is crazy good. Already with 27 points in the 3rd quarter with Mavs up by 8 over Clippers.

He can literally carry that team.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lol... thats how you project arguments on this board because actually having a conversation that’s not black and white is apparently too difficult for your brain to comprehend.

you got it bud

me no understand you so smart

Last edited:

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If I pay for a Lexus, and I get a camry, I received a good car. I should be happy, right?

it’s more like paying for a mystery box that might have a Lexus in it. If you end up with a Camry and spend all your time bitching it’s not a Lexus you’ll never be happy.

the draft if a pure crap shoot especially in the 1 and done era

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mavericks beat the Clippers in LA in series opener 113-103.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like it. Clippers were favored 17-1 by the writers too so maybe bodes well for us tomorrow.

I hope so.

Mavericks match up well with Clippers. Doncic willing to give the ball up in 4th quarter.