2020-21 Around the NBA Thread

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
uh.. we did the same thing. Rested Ayton for 3 games and then Booker and CP3 for the last game.

I'm not sure where you read Ayton was being rested. There is no reason to doubt he has a sore knee and that's the reason he was held out for three games. I'm hoping he will be ready for the playoffs.

If the Suns were going to rest players, they would have rested Paul and Booker for three games as well instead of just one game.

There is no comparison to what some other playoff teams have done.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I'm not sure where you read Ayton was being rested. There is no reason to doubt he has a sore knee and that's the reason he was held out for three games. I'm hoping he will be ready for the playoffs.

If the Suns were going to rest players, they would have rested Paul and Booker for three games as well instead of just one game.

Is there reason to doubt LeBron was in fact dealing with an ankle injury? I see no logical reason why the Lakers would have had him out for so long (sacrificing playoff seeding) if he wasn't in fact injured.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Are you serious with the Ayton thing? Come on man.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there reason to doubt LeBron was in fact dealing with an ankle injury? I see no logical reason why the Lakers would have had him out for so long (sacrificing playoff seeding) if he wasn't in fact injured.

I didn't mention Lebron. He clearly was upset the Lakers might have to be involved in a play-in so I think he would have played earlier if healthy.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you serious with the Ayton thing? Come on man.

Abdel Nader missed 20 games with a sore knee. Did you doubt his injury?

The Suns don't have much of a history of resting players except for the last game of the season when they rested Devin Booker and Chris Paul.... and those were documented as such.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Abdel Nader missed 20 games with a sore knee. Did you doubt his injury?

The Suns don't have much of a history of resting players except for the last game of the season when they rested Devin Booker and Chris Paul.... and those were documented as such.
We have rested players at seasons end for years in tanking attempts.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This game has been ugly. Not blowout ugly like the first game but just kinda... meh for a play-in game.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I almost get the feeling Washington isn’t going all out because they feel like they can get in with the second play in game and not have to face the Nets in the first round that way.

They just haven’t seemed like a team playing with like it’s hair is on fire tonight.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I almost get the feeling Washington isn’t going all out because they feel like they can get in with the second play in game and not have to face the Nets in the first round that way.

They just haven’t seemed like a team playing with like it’s hair is on fire tonight.

Beal and Westbrook both look hurt

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Beal and Westbrook both look hurt

they definitely didn’t look like they had that pop... Beal especially. Westbrook looked more frustrated and checked out than hurt to me, but you could be right there also.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard