2020-21 Around the NBA Thread

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well, blazers are beating the jazz.

which would have been great if the suns hadn’t choked against golden state.

lt’s pretty much a lock now for the Lakers being the 7 seed.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, blazers are beating the jazz.

which would have been great if the suns hadn’t choked against golden state.

lt’s pretty much a lock now for the Lakers being the 7 seed.

yup. It might not be the worst thing if we lose out and let the Clippers pass us.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
yup. It might not be the worst thing if we lose out and let the Clippers pass us.

that is not happening. Suns are the 2 seed unless they can tie Utah which isn’t happening.

clippers are never going to let us drop below them so they get the Lakers.

only chance of avoiding the Lakers is if they lose the play in game.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that is not happening. Suns are the 2 seed unless they can tie Utah which isn’t happening.

clippers are never going to let us drop below them so they get the Lakers.

only chance of avoiding the Lakers is if they lose the play in game.

Clippers need to win to stay the three with Denver right behind them and owning the tie breaker. If we go 1-2 and they go 3-0, it can happen if Denver keeps winning.

humor me, at least for a couple more days...

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Clippers need to win to stay the three with Denver right behind them and owning the tie breaker. If we go 1-2 and they go 3-0, it can happen if Denver keeps winning.

humor me, at least for a couple more days...
Of course if we go 0-3 we could be surpassed by both the Clips and the Nuggets. Hopefully that doesn't happen.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Of course if we go 0-3 we could be surpassed by both the Clips and the Nuggets. Hopefully that doesn't happen.

I’d be fine with that. Put us at the 4, playing the Mavs with a possible second round matchup with the Jazz?

would rather roll the dice there then have to face the Lakers in round 1 and then the Clippers in round 2 if by someone miracle we advanced.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I’d be fine with that. Put us at the 4, playing the Mavs with a possible second round matchup with the Jazz?

would rather roll the dice there then have to face the Lakers in round 1 and then the Clippers in round 2 if by someone miracle we advanced.
Yeah I suppose it really wouldn't be bad to slip to 4. The Mavs are about the best matchup we could realistically ask for in round 1 and we also match up quite well with Utah, but of course it is possible the Lakers end up 8 and beat Utah round 1.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I suppose it really wouldn't be bad to slip to 4. The Mavs are about the best matchup we could realistically ask for in round 1 and we also match up quite well with Utah, but of course it is possible the Lakers end up 8 and beat Utah round 1.

Utah has the size to cause problems for the Lakers. I like their odds against them, especially with LA still not back to form.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

honestly, if we lost to the Lakers in round 2, I could stomach it soooooooo much more than first round. For a team this inexperienced, I really just wanted them to get a taste of post-season success this year to have going in to next year’s playoffs which could be more a legit title run if they fortify the 4 position in the off-season.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Clippers won. A loss tonight and we’re only one more loss and another Clippers win away from NOT the Lakers in the first round!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Shaq just predicted we take the #1 seed. Says suns sweep Spurs and jazz fall to sacto

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mean they could. Not saying it's likely, but I wouldn't act as if it's impossible or close to it.

I’d say the best team in the league, that has every motivation to win and who has maintained the best record in the league despite missing their best player for weeks losing to a hapless Kings team that has nothing to play for is pretty close to impossible.

it also assumes the Suns ALSO win back to back road games, against the best coach in basketball history and a team that already kicked the snot out of us by 30.

but dreaming’s free.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose