2020-21 Around the NBA Thread

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't considered him one of the elites in a few years now but when he's putting up these numbers with decent efficiency and his team is winning (15 wins in last 19 games) it's tough to leave him out of the conversation.

He's been playing great ball since he came back from the injury.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns are pretty much locked in as a top-2 seed as the Clipps fall to NY.

yup.

I’m hoping the Nuggets catch the Clips so that if we get out of the first round as the 2 seed, we face the Nuggets as the 3 seed.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Huh. I'd rather play the Clippers than the Nuggets.

I think the Clippers are the second worst matchup for us in the West. If Nugz still had Murray, I’d agree. But they’re down Murray and his back up and I think our depth would eventually carry us to a tough series win. The Clippers are long, athletic and D us up better than most teams I’ve seen this year.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I think the Clippers are the second worst matchup for us in the West. If Nugz still had Murray, I’d agree. But they’re down Murray and his back up and I think our depth would eventually carry us to a tough series win. The Clippers are long, athletic and D us up better than most teams I’ve seen this year.
Murray is also one of the guys on the Nuggets that always seems to destroy us. Don't think they would be quite as much of a problem as the Clippers would be where both PG and Kawhi could torch us.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Murray is also one of the guys on the Nuggets that always seems to destroy us. Don't think they would be quite as much of a problem as the Clippers would be where both PG and Kawhi could torch us.

and they have two good in your face defenders to throw at CP3.

I think that team is a bunch of self-entitled *******. I just think they have certain matchup advantages on us other teams don’t.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Russell Westbrook records 182nd triple-double
As notes above, Oscar Roberson's record for most triple-doubles in a career stood for 47 years. Two days after he tied the Big O with his 181st career triple-double, Russell Westbrook grabbed sole possession of the top spot in Monday's loss to the Hawks. With Bradley Beal (hamstring) sidelined, Westbrook had more heavy lifting to do as a scorer, and he finished with a line of 28 points (10-of-22 FGs, 5-of-5 FTs), 13 rebounds, 21 assists and three 3-pointers in 40 minutes. Westbrook had a chance to win the game in the final seconds, but his jumper from the right wing fell short. Also impressive was the fact that he was responsible for just three turnovers; fantasy managers whose leagues are both still active and using assist-to-turnover ratio had to love this.

https://sports.yahoo.com/russell-westbrook-records-182nd-triple-060024965.html

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why the hell are those games at 1230 instead of a normal time?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Is this like what they do for soccer, where early game outcomes could affect how later games are played due to seeding?

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just saw a tweet from Marc Stein that Donovan Mitchell will sit until the playoffs. That helps give us a shot at the 1 seed. Need to make the most of it.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay... so, I think our season comes to an unfortunate crushing at the hands of the Lakers in round 1 so I’m already turning to who else might see their season go totally belly up in Round 1.

my money is on the Bucks. There’s no way they’re happy about seeing a finally healthy Heat team sitting there waiting to rough them up again in the first round.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm going with the Lakers. The Rockets have 8 players out.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm going with the Lakers. The Rockets have 8 players out.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I almost feel like the Lakers want the 7 seed and think if they have their guys for the play in game, there’s no way they lose. They don’t want a first round matchup with the Clippers. That’s their toughest opponent likely in the West.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson