2020-21 Around the NBA Thread

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Luka might be a diva. You don’t walk away from a superstar if you’re Carlisle (unless he’s lying about it being his decision.)

it has to do with Cubans right hand man Haralabob. Donnie Nelson is also out.

so apparently this dude has taken over the organization. Luka hates him aswell.

word is he even tells Carlisle who to play and what lineups to use. That’s how out of control it’s gotten. It’s been all over ESPN lately.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The steal of last years draft didn’t make the all rookie team.:D @Russ Smith #pennyHardaway
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

He missed too many games, he only played 39. I'm hoping the knee heals up he wants to work out with KG this summer they have it set up but his knee isn't good enough yet.

I still love him. Edwards was the guy they wanted but he was gone, Melo Ball obviously was much better this year, they make the playoffs with him, but they wanted a big and if he gets healthy I think Wiseman will be a good player.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
It's not Rick Carlisle's fault.
no, I would place most of the blame with mark cuban. he has allowed his front office to slide into the wrong direction, whether it be the sexual harassment issues from a few years ago, to accepting mediocre basketball productivity after the 2011 title run. Maybe shark tank is more important than mavericks.

with that said rick Carlisle is not the right coach for Luka. everyone in Dallas knows that. this is the same coach that butted heads with Jason Kidd. it was time for a change, and I think rick being the smart man that he is, he recognized that and opted to leave. I also think that Rick may have looked at his situation with Cuban and made the decision to leave with his head held high.

As far as donnie nelson, I think that is another topic, but also had influence on Rick's decision to resign.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no, I would place most of the blame with mark cuban. he has allowed his front office to slide into the wrong direction, whether it be the sexual harassment issues from a few years ago, to accepting mediocre basketball productivity after the 2011 title run. Maybe shark tank is more important than mavericks.

with that said rick Carlisle is not the right coach for Luka. everyone in Dallas knows that. this is the same coach that butted heads with Jason Kidd. it was time for a change, and I think rick being the smart man that he is, he recognized that and opted to leave. I also think that Rick may have looked at his situation with Cuban and made the decision to leave with his head held high.

As far as donnie nelson, I think that is another topic, but also had influence on Rick's decision to resign.

I'm not on top of the coaching situation in Dallas but I bet Rick Carlisle will be in high demand when he chooses to reenter coaching. I used to think Mark Cuban was one of the top owners in the NBA but I don't know anymore.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I'm not on top of the coaching situation in Dallas but I bet Rick Carlisle will be in high demand when he chooses to reenter coaching. I used to think Mark Cuban was one of the top owners in the NBA but I don't know anymore.
I think Carlisle will have a new job next season. he is a great coach. I think it was time for him to move, and I am glad he left on his terms. I do think cuban is a great owner, considering what the mavs were before he purchased the team, but he needs to really focus his efforts to being what he was 10 years ago.

Western Font

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
it has to do with Cubans right hand man Haralabob. Donnie Nelson is also out.

so apparently this dude has taken over the organization. Luka hates him aswell.

word is he even tells Carlisle who to play and what lineups to use. That’s how out of control it’s gotten. It’s been all over ESPN lately.

I always enjoyed Haralabob as a guest on the Bill Simmons podcast and was bummed that he stopped after taking this gig. But this is all news to me because I haven’t been following. I’ll have to check it out.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I always enjoyed Haralabob as a guest on the Bill Simmons podcast and was bummed that he stopped after taking this gig. But this is all news to me because I haven’t been following. I’ll have to check it out.
I have no idea what a haralabob is . . .

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bud just refuses to put Giannis on KD even though he is the only thing the Nets have going. They keep playing 6’5 guys and shorter against him. I’d be apoplectic if I was a Bucks fan.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eh. He's still laboring IMO. No burst.

yeah, you’re right. I caught just a couple highlights of the back step threes and looked at the box score.

and yet the Bucks don’t have anyone attacking him on offense. And Giannis is doing nothing on offense. If that’s going to be the case, why not just lock him down on Durant? That’s the only way the Nets win this game and he’s been en fuego the last six or seven minutes.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave