2020-21 Around the NBA Thread

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who do we even want to win this game that will make it more likely to get to Game 7?!
If Utah can’t beat the Clips without KL? The mental edge has to go to the Clips and they may close it out in 6.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Utah can’t beat the Clips without KL? The mental edge has to go to the Clips and they may close it out in 6.

but might Utah get Conley back in 6 which can swing it back to Utah for Game 7?

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
but might Utah get Conley back in 6 which can swing it back to Utah for Game 7?

He might try to play but I don’t expect him to be very effective.

Utah’s role players were terrible in la and Mitchell is not right.

I think LA wins in 6.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jazz shot 3/22 from 3 in the second half. Their inability or unwillingness to score in the paint got them beat.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Can’t believe Clarkson is finally in with the game about to end. How about sitting O’Neal.

There were enough stops to substitute offense for defense and vice versa a few times.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Mitchell’s ankle is hanging on by a string. The Clippers w/o Kawhi vs Utah with a hobbled Mitchell/Conley might be a toss up.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, if the Clippers win this, now the first two games possibly without CP3 would be massive because they’d be home games. We could afford to split if Paul was coming back and there’s no Kawhi but ALL pressure would be on is going into those games.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sounds like Paul George is dissing the suns now.

basically just said jazz are their toughest matchup.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I for one am pleased with the Clippers win tonight. I know LA will be at home but I don’t think they are likely to repeat tonight’s performance, especially if Kawhi is not playing.

I feel like this one is going 7 still. And even if LA wins game 6, retaining home court advantage in the Western Conference Finals against an opponent who may not have their best player isn’t the worst scenario in the world.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Clippers were impressive as hell in this game. And, excellent on the road in these playoffs. If we get them, and we probably will, I think the home court doesn't mean all that much.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So, if the Clippers win this, now the first two games possibly without CP3 would be massive because they’d be home games. We could afford to split if Paul was coming back and there’s no Kawhi but ALL pressure would be on is going into those games.

well, I think we can beat them even without Paul if we play our best defense. Won’t be easy but I think it is doable.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
he did his part, but to me Reggie Jackson was the reason they won.
He came up ever since he’s been unleashed.

I’m not sure why clarkson isn’t getting more burn towards the end especially when they’re down. Oneale provides defense but not much from offense.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Clippers. Especially with Leonard down, the Jazz are the better team. I expect them to win the series even after having lost tonight.

really? The Jazz have looked awful the last three games. And barely escaped in the first two games they won.

I’ll be honest... I got no clue who would be better for us with the CP3 thing up in the air.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good for him. He was terrified down the stretch and made one horrible pass after another. As a Suns fan, I am not afraid of the Leonardless Clippers at all.
The question outstanding though is Kawhi really out for the playoffs or will he be back in a couple games?

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The Clippers were impressive as hell in this game. And, excellent on the road in these playoffs. If we get them, and we probably will, I think the home court doesn't mean all that much.

their “home court” certainly doesn’t mean anything

Mitchell could barely move tonight. Reggie Jackson hit a number of prayers. Clippers are not that good.