2020-21 Around the NBA Thread

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It will be fascinating to see how the Clippers attack DA, and vice versa.

Our best starting line-up against Morris at the 5 may well be

Paul/Payne (if Paul out)
Book
Mikal
Jae
Torrey

jruss702

Reaction score
The Clippers were impressive as hell in this game. And, excellent on the road in these playoffs. If we get them, and we probably will, I think the home court doesn't mean all that much.
Good thing we were the best road team in the league this year

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
It will be fascinating to see how the Clippers attack DA, and vice versa.

Our best starting line-up against Morris at the 5 may well be

Paul/Payne (if Paul out)
Book
Mikal
Jae
Torrey

So you're going to let the Clippers dictate whether Ayton is on the floor? Okay, junior.

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
The Clippers were impressive as hell in this game. And, excellent on the road in these playoffs. If we get them, and we probably will, I think the home court doesn't mean all that much.

All things considered, this was probably the most satisfying win in Clippers franchise history so far, which is both exciting and sad. They seem to have figured out how to handle the Jazz, but we'll see if they have enough to get one of the last two games without Leonard.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm thinking as i watch the jazz/clippers, eh mikal would have score on that, eh crowder would have defended him better, booker would have finished on that.

I think we are deep enough that we make either of them pay. Jazz are making Morris look like an all star. Reggie is the x-factor since becoming a starter and Kahwi going down. Jazz just do not have the people to attach the paint and finish.

I'm not worried about either IF cp3 comes back for game 1.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's surprising to see the Jazz lose at home last night against the Clippers. This series might be over on Friday unless Mike Conley plays. Of course I'd like the series to go seven games to hopefully get Chris Paul back for the opener but I'm thinking the Clippers might be inside the Jazz' head.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's surprising to see the Jazz lose at home last night against the Clippers. This series might be over on Friday unless Mike Conley plays. Of course I'd like the series to go seven games to hopefully get Chris Paul back for the opener but I'm thinking the Clippers might be inside the Jazz' head.
I think bringing back Conley could potentially be disruptive. Potentially. Also, if Marcus Morris keeps playing out of his mind then it's over already IMO.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think bringing back Conley could potentially be disruptive. Potentially. Also, if Marcus Morris keeps playing out of his mind then it's over already IMO.

I don't think it can get much worse.

Bringing back Mike Conley might be the Jazz best chance because they are sorely lacking a point guard, his scoring and someone that can get the ball to Gobert. Also it might give them a mental boost.

Markieff Morris' scoring the last two games might be the product of bad defense.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Markieff Morris' scoring the last two games might be the product of bad defense
Markieff wishes he was playing as well as his brother.. ;). But yes...that's a factor. Nonetheless, he is still shooting the ball with it going in at a high clip. Him and Reggie Jackson are just in the zone right now IMO.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My thoughts on last nights game:

#1 Ben Simmons has no business being an All NBA player. They started intentionally fouling him at the 5 minute mark and he went on to shoot 4 of 14 free throws. He can't be in a game in the 4th quarter.

If I was Philadelphia I am dumping him for someone who can shoot.

#2. I would love to beat both Morris brothers in the same playoff run.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Markieff wishes he was playing as well as his brother.. ;). But yes...that's a factor. Nonetheless, he is still shooting the ball with it going in at a high clip. Him and Reggie Jackson are just in the zone right now IMO.

I worry more about Reggie Jackson. He is cold blood when it comes to hitting big shots and he flies mostly under the radar.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

#1 Ben Simmons has no business being an All NBA player. They started intentionally fouling him at the 5 minute mark and he went on to shoot 4 of 14 free throws. He can't be in a game in the 4th quarter.

i wonder if there could be a Philly-Portland deal in the works. McCollum for Simmons? Portland gets a DESPERATELY needed perimeter defender and playmaker while Philly gets the scoring guard they desperately need.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

what’s Simmons value now? I mean he’s just a flat out zero on the offensive end.

he’s a good defender but he’s not a 3&D guy. I mean he won’t even take wide open shots and his free throw shooting is horrible there playing hack-a-Ben out there.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what’s Simmons value now? I mean he’s just a flat out zero on the offensive end.

he’s a good defender but he’s not a 3&D guy. I mean he won’t even take wide open shots and his free throw shooting is horrible there playing hack-a-Ben out there.

According to the East Coast Media it's quite high

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Rick Carlisle just quit as coach of the Mavs.

Doncic explosion in 3... 2... 1...

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave