2020 1st round pick is Isaiah Simmons

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never pass on elite players. The Cardinals defense just got a whole lot better.

I wasn't expecting Simmons to be there at #8 but he helps the entire defense by being able to play multiple positions with his versatility.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great pick. Especially for a team that traditionally has so many holes. You can move him around and keep offenses guessing what you are doing with him.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
It all comes down to: Is he a faster, more athletic, more physical, smarter version of Buccanon.

I think he is.

But we'll have to see

Bucannon was a $ backer

Simmons is a $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ backer
I am just going to call him Fort Knox... your block off :)

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Josh Weinfuss
⁦‪@joshweinfuss‬⁩

You must be registered for see images

What kind of athlete is Cardinals’ first-round pick Isaiah Simmons? Here are his combine stats:

Height: 6-3.5
Weight: 238
Hand: 9 5/8
Wing: 81 7/8 (largest for LBs)
40: 4.39
Vertical: 39
Broad jump: 132

Does anyone know his change of direction numbers, like 3 cone?

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Amazing pick was sure giants or panthers would grab him was stoked when Panthers took brown!!

Simmons is a straight beast a 4.3 lber doesn't come often!!

Cards should go oline in 3rd round

A+++++ offseason so far for cards

Simmons is very unique but two LBs of similar weight drafted literally last year ran within .04 of Simmons 4.39

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It may have already been posted but these Steve Keim comments deserve repeating anyway.

This is from an azcentral article:

“I had (Simmons) rated much higher,” Keim told reporters during a video conference call Thursday night, referring to the Butkus Award winner last season as the best linebacker in the nation.

“… My mindset was, as it always will be, take the best player available. Some people probably think the offensive line is a need for us. No matter how you look at it, needs are always changing and we’re always going to take the best player on the board and that, in my opinion, was Isaiah Simmons.”

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...-draft-second-round-trade-options/3021874001/

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
The video posted on the Cards site of the phone call to Simmons shows Keim saying “Who did the Panthers take?” He hears Brown and there is no pause, no second thought...Simmons was decisively the pick. I don’t think he was even tempted to trade down with him on the board.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

The video posted on the Cards site of the phone call to Simmons shows Keim saying “Who did the Panthers take?” He hears Brown and there is no pause, no second thought...Simmons was decisively the pick. I don’t think he was even tempted to trade down with him on the board.

And then Keim let out a Hell effin yeah!

Just like the rest of us.

Also..... That fire in Kliffs backyard was raging. That dude just keeps on flexing!

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
He loved Blaine Gabbert and Blake Bortles if I remember right. He is wrong as often as anyone else.

I liked Bortles but thought Gabbert was going to suck royally. When you watch highlights of a top QB prospect and it almost entirely comprises of mostly 6 yard throws....dont draft them in round one!

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
usually combine warriors are guys who put up great combine numbers but didnt produce in college

Simmons produced big time
Exactly, referring to him as a combine warrior or that he did well in the "Underwear Olympics" is pretty disingenuous to say the least. Simmons was a phenomenal college football player for a REALLY good team as well as testing extremely well at the combine.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pre-Draft Analysis

Simmons is still developing his recognition and take-on skills, but he's a physical freak and one of the most versatile defenders in this draft. He's athletic enough to match up with tight ends, is an explosive pass-rusher and excels at spying quarterbacks. His interception against Oho State in the CFB Playoff is a testament to his range and ball skills. He's a sideline-to-sideline run defender. -- Steve Muench

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft/teams

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard