2020 1st round pick is Isaiah Simmons

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This kid is talented. However can Vance Joseph maximize his capabilities.

Simmons is smart, instinctual, strong, natural bend as a pass rusher, fast and can cover with length.

If this defense is bottom 10 by midway of the season, VJ has to go.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Attention Tape Nerds!

This is the 22 minutes of footage you were looking for tonight.

Great breakdown here..... The first 5 minutes give you an idea of what a LBer looks like who plays in the deep safety position.

Really nice job from this Giants fan.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Just watching Flight Plan. After Simmons interview Kingsbury says, "I'm good with that one at 8 if ya'll are" and the room laughs.

I thought that was pretty cool, they genuinely liked the kid.

probably thought it was a pipe dream at that point also

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Maybe it was just me but I thought the Jones & Simmons interviews were poor. Maybe it's just my cynical view of the process but I saw canned, staged, and forced answers.

Simmons: 10 out of 10 in physicality? Cmon man..... Your an 8 out of 10 at best. But what do we expect him to say I guess?

Jones: he's a dog that loves the process?

It all felt canned to me. But I did love the "I go get him" answer. That made me smile.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Maybe it was just me but I thought the Jones & Simmons interviews were poor. Maybe it's just my cynical view of the process but I saw canned, staged, and forced answers.

Simmons: 10 out of 10 in physicality? Cmon man..... Your an 8 out of 10 at best. But what do we expect him to say I guess?

It all felt canned to me. But I did love the "I go get him" answer. That made me smile.

I am sure the players rehearse answers to the standard questions, probably why it seemed so canned. Agents probably already know 90% of what teams ask in those interviews and these guys are prepared, also I am sure Flight Plan showed us the easier or softer parts of the whole process. The reaction of Kliff and crew when he left the room seemed genuine and off the cuff though.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

It all felt canned to me. But I did love the "I go get him" answer. That made me smile.[/QUOTE

he he says he’s 8 out of 10, then he has to explain himself. I would bet almost all of the combine interviews for every team every kid did pretty much the same thing. They want to be drafted so show no weakness and LOVE the game

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

I am sure the players rehearse answers to the standard questions, probably why it seemed so canned. Agents probably already know 90% of what teams ask in those interviews and these guys are prepared, also I am sure Flight Plan showed us the easier or softer parts of the whole process. The reaction of Kliff and crew when he left the room seemed genuine and off the cuff though.

You aren't being cynical @Dr. Jones .

Agents have rehearsed with these kids for many years now.

What I noticed was the look on Kuglers face and how he commented that he loved the kid. He picked up on what Kugler was teaching immediately.

What's funny is that when I played with the PFF draft simulators, Josh Jones, Chaisson, or CJ Henderson were my usual trade down targets.

He is probably, right now, my all time favorite value pick for the Cardinals. Dude had a legit top 30 grade. If you just go by statistics, he was the best OT in the draft.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
You aren't being cynical @Dr. Jones .

Agents have rehearsed with these kids for many years now.

What I noticed was the look on Kuglers face and how he commented that he loved the kid. He picked up on what Kugler was teaching immediately.

What's funny is that when I played with the PFF draft simulators, Josh Jones, Chaisson, or CJ Henderson were my usual trade down targets.

He is probably, right now, my all time favorite value pick for the Cardinals. Dude had a legit top 30 grade. If you just go by statistics, he was the best OT in the draft.

Agreed. My only comps from a draft perspective are Dockett & HoneyBadger. And they both had character issues at the time.

His fall was borderline insane to me. The Dolphins should have taken him at 18 over Jackson!!!

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

scott bordow
@sbordow

·
31m

Interesting quote from Kingsbury regarding Isaiah Simmons and the possibility of moving him around: "We just think the sky could be the limit for what he can be if we really lock him in one position for the majority of the time."

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Agreed. My only comps from a draft perspective are Dockett & HoneyBadger. And they both had character issues at the time.

His fall was borderline insane to me. The Dolphins should have taken him at 18 over Jackson!!!

Jackson has a higher ceiling. Fans often miss that aspect.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Jackson has a higher ceiling. Fans often miss that aspect.
This is the same Becton convo we had for the last two months. I am not willing to waste a top 20 pick on a guy with little productions and mostly projectable upside.

Jackson wasn't even the 20th best player in the Pac 12 let alone in the top 5 tackles in the country. He's why GM's get fired IMO.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Becton at least showed to be a dominant run blocker at the next level even with questions related to his passing technique.

Jackson though.......didn’t see it at all.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard