2019 NBA Playoff Discussion

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
For Warriors to win tonight KD, Klay and Steph all need to score 30 each...

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The crowd in Toronto should be nuts and if the Raptors are able to play off of them like they did in game 1 then it won't matter a bit that KD is back. I don't think he'll be much of a help anyways. Offense hasn't been Golden State's issue, or primary issue. They have no one that can guard Kawhi. KD's presence on offense might help Kawhi stay occupied on the perimeter though so he doesn't provide much help or switch off him very often.

I think being in Toronto will be too much for the Warriors to overcome. I didn't expect the Raptors to be in position to win the series already but I really like their chances tonight. They don't want to go back to Oracle for game 6. The series is theirs and they have guys like Kawhi and Green who have been here before so I don't think they'll allow any sort of pressure to get to them and cost them the game.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
The crowd in Toronto should be nuts and if the Raptors are able to play off of them like they did in game 1 then it won't matter a bit that KD is back. I don't think he'll be much of a help anyways. Offense hasn't been Golden State's issue, or primary issue. They have no one that can guard Kawhi. KD's presence on offense might help Kawhi stay occupied on the perimeter though so he doesn't provide much help or switch off him very often.

I think being in Toronto will be too much for the Warriors to overcome. I didn't expect the Raptors to be in position to win the series already but I really like their chances tonight. They don't want to go back to Oracle for game 6. The series is theirs and they have guys like Kawhi and Green who have been here before so I don't think they'll allow any sort of pressure to get to them and cost them the game.
It’s not as much Leonard who truly is beating them ( though he is clearly the MVP) but the rest of the front court coming up huge and dominating vs Warriors front court players.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Durant is perfect from the field for 6 points on 3 pointers.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Warriors started out hotter than hot then started fouling and turning the ball over at every chance...

Raptors never panic and know they can dominate the paint at will...

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
How the freaking hell do they not call that blatant foul on Danny Green at the very end there!!!??? Calling tight all night but not on the most blatant of fouls!!???

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Dear basketball Gods: PLEASE LET DUBS WIN THREE STRAIGHT!!!

I was ready to be a very gracious loser, now I hate that trash city!!!! The Boston of the North.

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Raptors are playing similar to how the Warriors did in the Portland series. They don't worry about the score, they know that come crunch time that things will get close and if they can stay composed then they can take the lead back. No use in killing yourself to get the lead in the 2nd quarter.

Both of these teams are very well coached. Nick Nurse does not seem like a 1st year coach and Kerr has been coaching for 5 years now, 3 of those he led his team to a title and he has 1 finals loss, then there is this series.

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, I missed something, what did the Toronto fans do? I had changed the channel for a little bit and just turned it back on. I missed from after Klay picking up 2nd foul up until 2-3 minutes ago.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
I don't think I've ever been this mad...I'm still raging at those freaking wuss ass Maple Munchers.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Ok, I missed something, what did the Toronto fans do? I had changed the channel for a little bit and just turned it back on. I missed from after Klay picking up 2nd foul up until 2-3 minutes ago.
They cheered KD re-injury!

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, this isn't Kerr's first (or even worst) experience with a classless crowd so at least he has experience dealing with it.