2019 Free Agency

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
But sources can confirm Knight has done a 180!
A 180 could lift him out of the negative. But will it turn him into an effective Point Guard distributing for this young team?

Not an average NBA Point Guard. Not an average NBA Shooting Guard (we already have a star at that position).

On a scale of Excellent/Good/Average/Bad/Horrible, Horrible to Bad or even Average as a starting Point Guard is not going to break our 8-year playoff drought.

Or develop our young players from the Point Guard position. It requires a skill that Knight has not shown.

I see his ceiling as coming off the bench (if we're stuck with him) as Instant ....... I can't even say Offense. There is a difference between being Instant Offense and a ball hog.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, this seems the most likely scenario to me, too. I don't see any current superstars signing here, even if the Suns prove out this season as one of the league's up-and-coming teams.

This is the way I see it as well. A secondary star may suffice depending upon on how the younger players progress.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks like 2019 free agency will be moved up a bit.

Tim Bontemps‏Verified account @TimBontemps

The NBA is expected to move up the start of its annual moratorium from midnight on July 1 to 6pm on June 30, sources told ESPN. The move will shift the league away from an antiquated system by allowing teams to start talking to players at a reasonable hour.

7:57 AM - 15 May 2019

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Free agency has already started. Teams get around the tampering rules by getting communicating through players. LeBron is in full legal tampering mode right now.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Spotrac (@spotrac)
5/23/19, 4:10 PM
Klay Thompson’s exclusion from the All-NBA team means his max contract this offseason is 5 yrs, $190M w/ the #Warriors, & 4 yrs, $140M elsewhere. An All-NBA birth would’ve meant the opportunity for a 5 yr, $221M super-max extension.

I bet the Warriors front office is thankful they don't have to pay Thompson the super-max.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Was he complaining? He wasn't Curry this year, he wasn't Westbrook, he wasn't Harden. Hardly heard his name once all season. He wasn't Lillard, he wasn't Kahwi, etc...

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Avoids an awkward situation. He is not worth the supermax.

They are going to have to pay Thompson big time if the Warriors want to keep him not to mention Durant.

Also Green and Iggy will be on their final season under contract.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Avoids an awkward situation. He is not worth the supermax.

Not many players are but you're right, paying Klay the supermax would spell the end for their dynasty. How tough it must be to be in the Warriors shoes though, their 3rd or 4th best player just barely missed qualifying for a supermax deal. I believe Draymond can still get a supermax next offseason. It'll be interesting if he hits it.

Steph is on a supermax deal now. He had the chance to help the Warriors by declining the super part of it to set a precedent but I know there was talk of him being underpaid previously. He signed a 4 year/$44 million dollar extension after his rookie deal that he was paid throughout his MVP years. I recall the talking heads of the league mentioning him being worth the supermax simply because of how he was underpaid previously.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Not many players are but you're right, paying Klay the supermax would spell the end for their dynasty. How tough it must be to be in the Warriors shoes though, their 3rd or 4th best player just barely missed qualifying for a supermax deal. I believe Draymond can still get a supermax next offseason. It'll be interesting if he hits it.

Steph is on a supermax deal now. He had the chance to help the Warriors by declining the super part of it to set a precedent but I know there was talk of him being underpaid previously. He signed a 4 year/$44 million dollar extension after his rookie deal that he was paid throughout his MVP years. I recall the talking heads of the league mentioning him being worth the supermax simply because of how he was underpaid previously.

I vaguely remember Steph being open to a hometown discount and the team flat out giving him the most money possible. They already got a great deal with him before because of his ankle issues. Like you said 11m a year while winning MVP’s.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

So this is probably going to be a thing...

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The thing is even if LeBron can recruit Kyrie to LA, they still do not make it past GS in the West. A team needs a Big 3 like CLE had when they defeated GS before they became a Big 4. LeBron would need to land Durant and Kyrie for LA to stand a chance with GS but I think Durant heads back East. I just hope Brooklyn can land either Walker or Irving so that would give PHX chance of landing Russell.

hcsilla

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I wholeheartedly agree and I'm not even sure which Russell you're referring to.

It was D'Angelo.

Russell Westbrook may be a fit to Booker or may be not, but he is the most overrated NBA-star ever. In other words I have never seen a former MVP (his title was a joke, BTW) with Westbrook's inefficiency and inconsistency.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was D'Angelo.

Russell Westbrook may be a fit to Booker or may be not, but he is the most overrated NBA-star ever. In other words I have never seen a former MVP (his title was a joke, BTW) with Westbrook's inefficiency and inconsistency.

On paper D'Angelo Russell looks like a perfect fit next to Booker although I am not advocating for him.

That's what his stats say.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On paper D'Angelo Russell looks like a perfect fit next to Booker although I am not advocating for him.

That's what his stats say.

I think, all things considered, I'd rather give Brogdon a max then Russell. Matter of fact, if we are absolutely determined to give some wholly undeserving guard a max contract, Malcolm is probably my first choice.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA