2019 Draft Prospects...

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
If we draft Morant we then have to sign a vet pg!as well in order to give Morant time to develop. But we also have to sign a vet pf too. It’s harder to sign two quality players in free agency than one.
but not impossible...

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So if we draft another pg, what do we do with the other pg's on our roster?

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score

It depends on how high the Suns are on each of them. If they draft Morant, and sign a veteran PG, one of the current rookies has to go. If they are high on one of the current ones, then you sign a vet and let the other two develop and fight for playing time.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
If we draft Morant, our first priority signing will be PF. We're not going to jettison Melton or Okobo when this "vet PG" you all want will be basically equal in skill.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If we draft Morant, our first priority signing will be PF. We're not going to jettison Melton or Okobo when this "vet PG" you all want will be basically equal in skill.

The Suns better do better at the point next year than Melton, Okobo and Morant, or we're looking at another 60-70 loss season and Booker, Ayton and Jackson asking out.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Present roster: Melton, Okobo, Crawford, Evans, Johnson (Five pgs)
Add a rookie and a vet?

I would think Evans and Crawford would not return. Tyler might return but be used more as sg, especially if we let Daniels go (which we will). But still, that would be four pgs. That is likely one too many. I would trade one of Melton or Okobo.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Present roster: Melton, Okobo, Crawford, Evans, Johnson (Five pgs)
Add a rookie and a vet?

I would think Evans and Crawford would not return. Tyler might return but be used more as sg, especially if we let Daniels go (which we will). But still, that would be four pgs. That is likely one too many. I would trade one of Melton or Okobo.

Evans and Crawford definitely do not return. Tyler is not a point guard. That leaves just Melton and Okobo. If we only add a vet, keep both. If we add a rookie and a vet (unlikely, but possible, I guess), package one with Warren and future picks to acquire a power forward.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
This is a 2019 draft prospects thread, I don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibility to discuss an upcoming draft pick that may actually be a point guard since that’s still a position we have a need for.

There are a lot of other threads to complain about not having a veteran point guard in.
A 2019 draft prospects thread is not the place to give an opinion that our drafting priority should be a rebounder/defender Power Forward vs. a rookie Point Guard?

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Saw that LeBron and Rondo were at Zion's game last night.

I seriously hope Zion Williamson isn't the next Klutch client.

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
James went to watch Curry when Davidson was making their run. He went on record as being a Napier fan. Hopefully, it's just because he's a big basketball fan and wanrted to see in person what all the hype is about.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get rid of everyone of them with the exception of maybe Melton, the sun's might have the worst point guard rotation of all time right now, none of them deserve to get playing time gut the position and try again.

The point guards the Suns have are at best third or fourth options.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Morant continues to struggle against poor competition. 20 points on 7-15 shooting, 6 assists, 4 turnovers at home against an 8-15 SIU-Edwardsville team. Murray State ended up winning going away but was down 6 at the half.

The more I see and read of him, the more I want no part of Morant.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
James went to watch Curry when Davidson was making their run. He went on record as being a Napier fan. Hopefully, it's just because he's a big basketball fan and wanrted to see in person what all the hype is about.

I seriously doubt that.

I think he has so much power that everything he does is flaunting it in the NBA's face.

I've gotten so sick of the NBA, that I seldom watch it. I seldom can even watch the Suns. (I follow them on here, but seldom can watch more than a couple of minutes).

Last edited:

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
All you have to do is go to RealGM or similar site and see the free agent PGs and PFs available next season. More possibilities in free agency than trades this year. That should enhance who we want in the draft, not make us draft out of fear we can't get parts via free agency.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Question for the Zion fans, would you trade Ayton for him? Our pick plus Ayton would be really steep but something like Bucks picks, future 1st, and Ayton for Zion?

Maybe it's easier to ask, what wouldn't you trade for Zion? Using all Suns players and picks.

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
Question for the Zion fans, would you trade Ayton for him? Our pick plus Ayton would be really steep but something like Bucks picks, future 1st, and Ayton for Zion?

Maybe it's easier to ask, what wouldn't you trade for Zion? Using all Suns players and picks.
I would rather trade Booker and our pick for him, Zion and ayton would be the best frontcourt in the NBA for years to come

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

I would give up more than I'd like to admit. Doesn't matter. NOBODY is trading #1 this year.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave