2019 1st round pick is QB Kyler Murray

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think the issues Lamar is having in season 3 are a clear sign to be cautious. You never know when or if the defensive kryptonite will be found.

As the guy either driving or sitting shotgun on this bandwagon, that is the only way to move forward into 2021.

This kid is playing amazing...... We just need to measure our expectations a bit more than what you display in this post..

Kyler can make a lot more throws than Lamar. I’m not too worried about someone solving him.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Everyone is "permitted a mea culpa".

I was over my misgivings a minute after they announced the pick. KM was then my QB!

(Now, stop playing with yourself and wash your hands, Mommy is calling you up from the basement for supper.)

Nah, I’m still going to mercilessly clown on anyone that emphatically and unequivocally blew it on this one. Again, not being right is a lot different than missing the boat which is a hell of a lot different than capsizing the boat and gloating over the sinking remains.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
excellent post

haters should just wear the black cape of idiocy and bounce as opposed to coming back and trying to be all happy they were proven utterly wrong and arrogantly idiotic :)
excuse my lack of a more appropriate term but.......Did you just try to "cancel" anyone who was ever wrong about a draft pick?

Kyler can make a lot more throws than Lamar. I’m not too worried about someone solving him.
I can tell. But being measured is still a more appropriate response in my view.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Nah, I’m still going to mercilessly clown on anyone that emphatically and unequivocally blew it on this one. Again, not being right is a lot different than missing the boat which is a hell of a lot different than capsizing the boat and gloating over the sinking remains.
Um, okay. If that makes you feel good. Most don't really care. Have at it.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
excuse my lack of a more appropriate term but.......Did you just try to "cancel" anyone who was ever wrong about a draft pick?

I can tell. But being measured is still a more appropriate response in my view.

you’re telling on yourself

and no, of course I am not, and you’re straw manning (which folks that don’t read well and closely tend to do).

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Being an "elite talent" and actually having an elite career are two completely different things. Every player in the NFL is an "elite talent." It's like you are crowning him HOF already. Perhaps he should win a division title first. Baby steps...

lol just wow

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

there’s a difference between clowning and trolling. Your dangerously close to the latter.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Pretty sure Dr Jones was a huge proponent for drafting Kyler Murray. Him and Chris if I recall correctly.

Yes, he was. Several folks were ambivalent. A few people were positive.

He also didn’t read my post correctly and mischaracterized it based on not reading it correctly.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Not sure petty is quite the right word. Not like he is bumping posts he made to gloat about being right. Instead he is laughing at opinions people had a year before he even joined the board. Pathetic seems more accurate.

I prefer my pathetic to those folks’ pathetic!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like, the guy that shouted at Kyler “we didn’t want you” (a bunch of people here’s sentiment) don’t get to like him now. Beat it, losers.

If you merely expressed doubt at the Kyler and Kliff pairing that’s totally reasonable. Nobody knew he would be THIS GOOD this fast but it’s certainly not mind boggling either.

all those people who weren’t fans of the pick are still Cardinals fans and the idea of them being losers who aren’t allowed to like him now is beyond childish.

grow up dude.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I HATED the Rosen pick and was only slighty less pissed we picked Murray. He is playing pretty well right now and it appears his career is on the right path. I am happy to be wrong thus far.

come on man... he’s playing “pretty well” right now. He’s an MVP candidate. Time to stop hedging. The kid has the goods. Only question is how much better is he going to get.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
come on man... he’s playing “pretty well” right now. He’s an MVP candidate. Time to stop hedging. The kid has the goods. Only question is how much better is he going to get.
I’m not going to celebrate yet. But, yes he is in the MVP discussion.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I read the entire thread. Plenty of people had measured criticism of Kyler. I didn’t quote them to taunt. I quoted the absolute unequivocally wrong people that clearly DO NOT know football, sports, probability, or much of anything based on their posts. I will gladly admit I’ve made mistakes, but there are degrees of wrongness and when someone is egregiously and arrogantly wrong they deserve all the derision in the world, and they should not be permitted a mea culpa.

de·ri·sion
/dəˈriZHən/
  1. contemptuous ridicule or mockery.

Common synonym: Taunt

Congrats on the self-own.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson