2019 1st round pick is QB Kyler Murray

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

Everyone here knows what they said and everyone here who has said otherwise has admitted their misgivings on accepting the selection. Example, I was for Rosen (never denying Kyler as much as being a little freaked out replacing a guy after just taking him previously in the first) and then on the selection, more and more why this might work and did an about face from the get go. Solar did not like the selection but now sees the light of day for this franchise. Word of advise from one who has been on this forum for a while (which is far different than the naive and uninformed platforms such as facebook)... stop acting your age as a twenty year old citing multiple quotes as a taunt to people who probably understand football and can totally relate to this franchise way more than you at this juncture of fandom, you just might learn :)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The truly stupid thing about bringing up all these posts to say to those people “na-na, you were wrong, hahaha!” acts as if those people are still mad about the pick when I’m sure 99% of them are more than happy to laugh at themselves here and are stoked to have Kyler.

Last edited:

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The truly stupid thing about bringing up all these posts to say to those people “na-na, you were wrong, hahaha!” is as if those people are still mad about the pick when I’m sure 99% of them are more than happy to laugh at themselves here and are stoked to have Kyler.

raises hand 100%

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Some sarcasm isn't bad after all considering how the player responded, at the end of the day is a community about sport, reviewing those messages is funny after all
U know, I understand who didnt like the pick but accepting it cause was drafted by the team they root for (the benefit of the doubt) but someone was just too harsh and I did notice lots of free wickedness, ignoring his videos even if the talent was off the chart, continuing with some low blows towards the often called midget
Some posters even disappeared few weeks after that draft

Last edited:

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Top 5 QB...LMFAO.Doubt that ever happens.Rather premature.Let`s see several seasons of solid success (winning seasons,playoffs) before the hype machine cranks into full BS mode.

lmaoooooo

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Everyone here knows what they said and everyone here who has said otherwise has admitted their misgivings on accepting the selection. Example, I was for Rosen (never denying Kyler as much as being a little freaked out replacing a guy after just taking him previously in the first) and then on the selection, more and more why this might work and did an about face from the get go. Solar did not like the selection but now sees the light of day for this franchise. Word of advise from one who has been on this forum for a while (which is far different than the naive and uninformed platforms such as facebook)... stop acting your age as a twenty year old citing multiple quotes as a taunt to people who probably understand football and can totally relate to this franchise way more than you at this juncture of fandom, you just might learn :)

I read the entire thread. Plenty of people had measured criticism of Kyler. I didn’t quote them to taunt. I quoted the absolute unequivocally wrong people that clearly DO NOT know football, sports, probability, or much of anything based on their posts. I will gladly admit I’ve made mistakes, but there are degrees of wrongness and when someone is egregiously and arrogantly wrong they deserve all the derision in the world, and they should not be permitted a mea culpa.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Some sarcasm isn't bad after all considering how the player responded, at the end of the day is a community about sport, reviewing those messages is funny after all
U know, I understand who didnt like the pick but accepting it cause was drafted by the team they root for (the benefit of the doubt) but someone was just too harsh and I did notice lots of free wickedness, ignoring his videos even if the talent was off the chart, continuing with some low blows towards the often called midget
Some posters even disappeared few weeks after that draft

excellent post

haters should just wear the black cape of idiocy and bounce as opposed to coming back and trying to be all happy they were proven utterly wrong and arrogantly idiotic :)

ProdigalSun

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I admit I called Kyler Antman and not in a complimentary way. But to be fair to myself, he has been doing superhero type things this year!

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Like, the guy that shouted at Kyler “we didn’t want you” (a bunch of people here’s sentiment) don’t get to like him now. Beat it, losers.

If you merely expressed doubt at the Kyler and Kliff pairing that’s totally reasonable. Nobody knew he would be THIS GOOD this fast but it’s certainly not mind boggling either.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
I HATED the Rosen pick and was only slighty less pissed we picked Murray. He is playing pretty well right now and it appears his career is on the right path. I am happy to be wrong thus far.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Like, the guy that shouted at Kyler “we didn’t want you” (a bunch of people here’s sentiment) don’t get to like him now. Beat it, losers.

If you merely expressed doubt at the Kyler and Kliff pairing that’s totally reasonable. Nobody knew he would be THIS GOOD this fast but it’s certainly not mind boggling either.
This is ridiculous. We are only two seasons in. Yes, it appears he will be good for a long time, but that is not assured. Right now he looks good (still has flaws), but this is the NFL. You don't get to like a player you misjudged? LOL.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This is ridiculous. We are only two seasons in. Yes, it appears he will be good for a long time, but that is not assured. Right now he looks good (still has flaws), but this is the NFL. You don't get to like a player you misjudged? LOL.

This is a straw man. There is a difference between “misjudged” (fine and reasonable) and cast ridiculous aspersions towards (bye, Felicia).

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Also, what do you mean by “we are only two seasons in”?

Kyler is a top-5 QB at 23. If he stays healthy, and indications are he will based on his elusiveness, he is a favorite to win an MVP and SB and has a good shot to make the HoF.

Young QBs don’t get worse. The ones that flame out due so due to injury or other random off field issues the large majority of the time.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It is “ridiculous” to think Kyler hasn’t already established himself as an elite talent.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
This is a straw man. There is a difference between “misjudged” (fine and reasonable) and cast ridiculous aspersions towards (bye, Felicia).
LOL. The NFL has a history of maginalizing QBs who appear the be game changers. You act like the jury is settled on KM 25 starts into his career. Of course you are entitled to your opinon irrespective of the black and whie histrionics.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I read the entire thread. Plenty of people had measured criticism of Kyler. I didn’t quote them to taunt. I quoted the absolute unequivocally wrong people that clearly DO NOT know football, sports, probability, or much of anything based on their posts. I will gladly admit I’ve made mistakes, but there are degrees of wrongness, and when someone is egregiously and arrogantly wrong they deserve all the derision in the world, and they should not be permitted a mea culpa.

Everyone is "permitted a mea culpa".

I was over my misgivings a minute after they announced the pick. KM was then my QB!

(Now, stop playing with yourself and wash your hands, Mommy is calling you up from the basement for supper.)

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Also, what do you mean by “we are only two seasons in”?

Kyler is a top-5 QB at 23. If he stays healthy, and indications are he will based on his elusiveness, he is a favorite to win an MVP and SB and has a good shot to make the HoF.

Young QBs don’t get worse. The ones that flame out due so due to injury or other random off field issues the large majority of the time.
I think the issues Lamar is having in season 3 are a clear sign to be cautious. You never know when or if the defensive kryptonite will be found.

As the guy either driving or sitting shotgun on this bandwagon, that is the only way to move forward into 2021.

This kid is playing amazing...... We just need to measure our expectations a bit more than what you display in this post..

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Being an "elite talent" and actually having an elite career are two completely different things. Every player in the NFL is an "elite talent." It's like you are crowning him HOF already. Perhaps he should win a division title first. Baby steps...