2019 1st round pick is QB Kyler Murray

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The thing you worry about with what I'd call "magical" athletes is: What happens if and when the magic disappears?

Hot-shots often burn out.

Gotta hope K1 is one of the exceptions.

If he were just athletically magical like Michael Vick, then I would absolutely agree with your above statement. K1 is significantly more accurate than any of the “magically athletic” QB’s that have come out in the past.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
If he were just athletically magical like Michael Vick, then I would absolutely agree with your above statement. K1 is significantly more accurate than any of the “magically athletic” QB’s that have come out in the past.
I see JG's point. There's players like Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Brett Favre, etc, that found insane ways to extend arm strength/mental acuity into careers that are legendary. As a Cards fan, I'd take three years of magical athleticism for a single championship.

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
https://www.theringer.com/nfl-previ...inals-kliff-kingsbury-kyler-murray-nfl-trends

During the team’s first practice, Murray stepped to the line, saw a coverage that Kingsbury had merely glossed over in meetings that morning, and executed a check that the team hadn’t even learned. “I’m like, ‘I don’t know if anyone else on the field knows that,’” Kingsbury says. “And I said, all right, this kid sees it, and on the level I want him to see it.

Great article from May's. Some really interesting tidbits like one above.

Last edited:

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Fine. I can live with that.

Let’s just hope he doesn’t become a Fredo. Personally, I think he will be a Santino or a Michael. In all seriousness, he is boom or bust...And it depends on the buffoon General Manager and the fragility of the offensive line. We need some Luca Brasi’s up front.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
https://www.theringer.com/nfl-previ...inals-kliff-kingsbury-kyler-murray-nfl-trends

During the team’s first practice, Murray stepped to the line, saw a coverage that Kingsbury had merely glossed over in meetings that morning, and executed a check that the team hadn’t even learned. “I’m like, ‘I don’t know if anyone else on the field knows that,’” Kingsbury says. “And I said, all right, this kid sees it, and on the level I want him to see it.

Great article from May's. Some really interesting tidbits like one above.

Great article.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let’s just hope he doesn’t become a Fredo. Personally, I think he will be a Santino or a Michael. In all seriousness, he is boom or bust...And it depends on the buffoon General Manager and the fragility of the offensive line. We need some Luca Brasi’s up front.
Um..Luca ended up sleeping with the fishes.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Arizona Cardinals: Kyler Murray already giving glimpses of bright future
Kyler Murray hasn’t won a game yet with the Arizona Cardinals but he’s already shown that the future is bright with him at the helm of the offense.
In just his second NFL game, 2019 first overall pick and Arizona Cardinals quarterback Kyler Murray faced a Ravens defense that was a top-three unit a year ago on the road. Despite those odds stacked against him, Murray threw for 349 yards and finished with a passer rating of 90.5, though he didn’t throw a touchdown and the Cardinals.

Through two games with Arizona, Murray has thrown for 657 yards, two touchdowns and one interception while completing 57.4 percent of his passes, good for a passer rating of 81.7. By no means is Murray having the start to his career that someone like Cam Newton had when he first broke into the league back in 2011.
https://nflspinzone.com/2019/09/19/arizona-cardinals-kyler-murray-glimpses-bright-future/
Hopefully this isn't a repost and I didn't know where else to put this.:)

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
https://nflspinzone.com/2019/09/19/arizona-cardinals-kyler-murray-glimpses-bright-future/
Hopefully this isn't a repost and I didn't know where else to put this.:)

Evidence is mounting that taking Murray was the right decision, and that he indeed is the player we need at QB to win a championship.

Still, I would like to see him put together a wire to wire, dominating performance that leads to a win. If it happens, we'll hear some claims of "victory!" from the Murray camp. :) Although they will be premature.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
No claims here...... I have been right all along. Just need the world to catch up to me.

#SpiderChart

Haha. I've always believed Doctor. And just between you and me, I'm quickly gaining confidence that K1 is soon going to be a top five NFL QB. I would bet on the side of that happening.

It's just that in the NFL, you need a large sample size to say definitively that a player is "great", while preventing someone like @Chopper0080 from saying "well let's see him do it for two years in a row before I agree".

And we don't have to look any further than our own David Johnson to see that kind of thinking has some validity.

Longevity in the NFL is important, although I think Kyler will succeed in this regard too.

Last edited:

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Haha. I've always believed Doctor. And just between you and me, I'm quickly gaining confidence that K1 is soon going to be a top five NFL QB. I would bet on the side of that happening.

It's just that in the NFL, you need a large sample size to say definitively that a player is "great", while preventing someone like @Chopper0080 from saying "well let's seem him do it for two years in a row before I agree".

And we don't have to look any further than our own David Johnson to see that kind of thinking has some validity.

Longevity in the NFL is important, although I think Kyler will succeed in this regard too.
Top 5 QB...LMFAO.Doubt that ever happens.Rather premature.Let`s see several seasons of solid success (winning seasons,playoffs) before the hype machine cranks into full BS mode.

Frank The Fixer

Veteran
Reaction score
Top 5 QB...LMFAO.Doubt that ever happens.Rather premature.Let`s see several seasons of solid success (winning seasons,playoffs) before the hype machine cranks into full BS mode.

I don’t know about top 5 but the kid is playing pretty good so far. Sure they have no wins but that’s not all on him and I really wasn’t expecting the team to be a contender this year. Like you, I wasn’t a fan of the direction the team went in the off season but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t a little impressed with how Kyler has played so early in the season.
He’s nowhere near a finished product and he has to improve a lot but so far the game doesn’t seem to big or fast for him.