OP
oaken1

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I think we will see this guy sit for a while and bounce between guard and center much like evan boehm... as a center I would have preferred quessenberry from ucla.

but we have a top notch oline coach so we may be surprised by this kid

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Biggest issue is he gets pushed off the ball at center. When he played T he didn’t have the footwork to keep up with rush ends. Time will tell but he needs to get stronger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chainthroer

Registered
Reaction score
Big and played first team at Michigan for four years. Hope the O-line Coach can make him better!

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
If he truly gets pushed off the ball at center, then no thank you. At least we didn't reach for a nobody small school player in the 3rd this year. I'd prefer it if he's a C and not a tweener, but whatever. It's the third round, and after the smash hits we've had so far, I'm okay with this one.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I have doubts about this pick. No idea what this player is good at.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kid played out of position because the team needed him to. Better suited for C. Kid’s a leader. We’ll have to wait & see. I like his film.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Versatile & durable are his calling cards. I would argue all the remaining C need to get stronger, Cole was best C on the board at the time, also regarded for a high motor. Don't sleep on MICH OL, they tend to be solid pros.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sports a broad-shouldered, square-ish frame with his weight spread throughout, including over a powerful lower body complete with thick legs, wide hips and a big bubble, all of which helps him generate impressive torque when he keeps his pads low. Very good overall athleticism for a center, showing the initial quickness to quickly climb to the second level, as well as the awareness to anticipate where defenders are headed and beat them to the spot. Looks comfortable in pass protection at tackle and center, alike, showing the lateral agility and balance to shuffle left and right to mirror opponents. Showed good snap to step quickness when asked to play center in 2016 with no errant shotgun snaps viewed. Alert in pass protection, looking for work. Plays with a brawler's mentality which will endear him to offensive line coaches, seeming to revel in the act of providing an initial punch and working hard to knock his opponent off-balance. Is not satisfied with simply blocking his opponent, Cole wants to bury them into the turf, lifting and landing on top of them when he senses his rival off-balance. Remarkably durable, starting all 51 games of his career at Michigan (tying a school record) and showing his competitive spirit by accepting an invitation to play in the Senior Bowl, as well. -- Rob Rang 1/11/2018

Scouts can check a lot of boxes with Cole, whose square frame, nasty playing temperament, and ability to play multiple positions should land him a Day Two selection. Given his lack of ideal length and at least initial issues with leverage during his one season at center, don't be surprised if he ultimately is asked to move yet again in the NFL - this time to guard. Regardless of his final landing spot, Cole looks like a safe bet to be among his club's five best linemen and continuing his streak of starts well into what should be a long NFL career.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson