2018 3rd round pick is C Mason Cole

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
Already the best center on the team. Good feet and has no problem getting to the second level. Smart and very durable. Starting every game in both high school and college. I think he sits for a year then starts in 2019. Good pass blocker.

Hypothesis

Draft Junkie
Reaction score
He needs to get stronger but is a very smart individual with very high upside. Very nasty mentality on the football field. Very solid pick.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Michigan has a tremendous tradition of producing NFL offensive linemen. He will be here for years.

Hypothesis

Draft Junkie
Reaction score
Michigan has a tremendous tradition of producing NFL offensive linemen. He will be here for years.
He's also the only player in Michigan history to start day one on the O-line as a freshman. This in itself is pretty telling.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's also the only player in Michigan history to start day one on the O-line as a freshman. This in itself is pretty telling.

He's a guy who can truly play all 5 positions. I'm trying to figure out how he dropped to us.

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
Finally a center with some decent size and athleticism after going through Sendlein, Shipley and Behm who are bottom of barrel in terms of athleticism. As a prospect he reminds me of a superchargerd Evan Behm who was very consistent too at Iowa. At the end of the day, it all comes down to if he has the mental makeup and football IQ to handle the center position. Would be nice to have this position locked down for a decade, with him and Rosen growing together.

OP
OP
oaken1

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Finally a center with some decent size and athleticism after going through Sendlein, Shipley and Behm who are bottom of barrel in terms of athleticism. As a prospect he reminds me of a superchargerd Evan Behm who was very consistent too at Iowa. At the end of the day, it all comes down to if he has the mental makeup and football IQ to handle the center position. Would be nice to have this position locked down for a decade, with him and Rosen growing together.

looks to me like the kid needs to do some strength training...he doesnt get a lot of push

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score

Boehm played at Missouri not Iowa and I am pretty sure he was touted for his athleticism as he was a former wrestler.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
Already the best center on the team. Good feet and has no problem getting to the second level. Smart and very durable. Starting every game in both high school and college. I think he sits for a year then starts in 2019. Good pass blocker.
Yeah, I read 104 consecutive starts going back to his freshman year in high school. Even if he has to get stronger, more push etc..he has some staying power and durability.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
Yeah, I read 104 consecutive starts going back to his freshman year in high school. Even if he has to get stronger, more push etc..he has some staying power and durability.
I think he is already stronger than Shipley and a much better athlete. He will be able to pull and trap and do anything the Cards want him to do. I think he is a plug and play now guy if they wanted to start him.

I love the fact that he hasn’t missed a start since high school. With all the injury problems our line has had the last two years it will be nice to see a guy not miss a game that isn’t named shipley. Give him a year of NFL strength training and he will be fine.

GimmedaBall

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Can he handle Suh? Donald?

We play the Rams at least twice a year. I see this pick as an attempt to respond to what the Rams have going with their D-Line in order to protect our immobile QBs.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe it's a browser-compatibility issue with my Apple, but this year's nfl.com's draft tracker looks and feels amateurish - the web pages don't have easy-to-navigate player/team databases that are easy to manipulate and move thru. (Does the League have a budget problem)?

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have doubts about this pick. No idea what this player is good at.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
Summing up: He's a JOATMON (i.e. Jack of All Trades yada yada).

But that's OK - sounds like a lunchpail guy with brains - one of those gritty, less-flashy types who keep their heads down and enjoy productive 10 year pro careers.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Sounds like Shipleys days could be numbered .Cards have Shipley,Boehm,Cole,Allen,and Munyer all listed as Centers.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
He looks to be a smart player and solid technician on the Ohio State tape. Rarely out of position. Seems tough, but you don't see him push anyone back. Needs to get a lot stronger and will struggle against power players in the NFL. I see pretty much what the scouting reports say, kind of a meh pick at the end of the third, but you have to remember that interviews and other information goes into the process that we do not see.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I think he is a solid technician, durable... and strength with his structure is something a professional program can improve significantly unlike say accuracy :)

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Maybe it's a browser-compatibility issue with my Apple, but this year's nfl.com's draft tracker looks and feels amateurish - the web pages don't have easy-to-navigate player/team databases that are easy to manipulate and move thru. (Does the League have a budget problem)?
The best draft tracker,imo, is cbs

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
[.UOTE="oaken1, post: 3698254, member: 1323"]we also have Max Tuerk on the psquad dont we?[/QUOTE]

Tuerk was cut a couple weeks back

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Cool video...great story.

He started every game...all 4 years in high school and college.

Michigan OL Mason Cole Might Just be the NFL's Next Ironman

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

As some stated, he was listed as the top center last season before he was asked to play tackle... I think we finally have one :)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard