2016 Movies

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
2015 was a record setter for movies...how will 2016 fare?

This is from a Fandango Poll of most anticipated movies...

1.Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (December 16)
2.Finding Dory (June 17)
3.Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 25)
4.Untitled Jason Bourne movie (July 29)
5.Captain America: Civil War (May 6)
6.Star Trek Beyond (July 22)
7.Independence Day: Resurgence (June 24)
8.X-Men: Apocalypse (May 27)
9.Zoolander No. 2 (Feb. 12)
10.The Jungle Book (April 15)

http://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2016/01/rogue_one_finding_dory_could_b.html

Deadpool and 13 Hours would be on my personal Top 10, Finding Dory would not.

What about the new movie set in the Harry Potter universe? I didn't see any of them in the theaters but watched them on cable, I could see that being fairly popular, surprised it didn't make the Top 10.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

2.Finding Dory (June 17)

http://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2016/01/rogue_one_finding_dory_could_b.html

What about the new movie set in the Harry Potter universe? I didn't see any of them in the theaters but watched them on cable, I could see that being fairly popular, surprised it didn't make the Top 10.

Deadpool and the new Harry Potter movie are less anticipated then Zoolander 2? I get it's a cult favorite, but come on.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

2.Finding Dory (June 17)

that's a pretty underwhelming list of movies to look forward to.

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
2016 will be good, but let's face it, May of 2017 is going to be the most epic month in cinema history financially.

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 and Ep VIII in the same month.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
2016 will be good, but let's face it, May of 2017 is going to be the most epic month in cinema history financially.

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 and Ep VIII in the same month.

Damn, Star Wars won't even get to be the best movie the month it comes out? It won't even get to be the best SCI-FI movie the month it comes out? That's rough.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn, Star Wars won't even get to be the best movie the month it comes out? It won't even get to be the best SCI-FI movie the month it comes out? That's rough.

I'm really stoked for Guardians, but I'm really excited to see what Rian Johnson has up his sleeve for the next Star Wars.

even more interesting will be what happens in December of 2017 when James Cameron finally unveils Avatar 2... which I'm sure everyone will doubt that it will be a smash, and he'll end up creating something everyone will flip out and see a thousand times like he did with Titanic and Avatar.

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
No, but only because it comes out at the end of May. The June releases are fairly weak, so it should have June all to itself.

Stout

Reaction score
I'm really stoked for Guardians, but I'm really excited to see what Rian Johnson has up his sleeve for the next Star Wars.

even more interesting will be what happens in December of 2017 when James Cameron finally unveils Avatar 2... which I'm sure everyone will doubt that it will be a smash, and he'll end up creating something everyone will flip out and see a thousand times like he did with Titanic and Avatar.

Well, Avatar sucked, so I won't be seeing Avatar 2. I'm sure people will flock to see it, though.

No, but only because it comes out at the end of May. The June releases are fairly weak, so it should have June all to itself.

I'm surprised my post didn't garner outrage :)

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, Avatar sucked, so I won't be seeing Avatar 2. I'm sure people will flock to see it, though.

I've never seen it.

I even won a copy of the Blu-ray/DVD combo pack from some contest years ago and have it on our shelves at home, but have never watched it yet.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I bet Zootopia and Secret Like of Pets will be hits.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
:D

No, I actually didn't like it--it was atrociously derivative--and I won't watch the next one.

No, I know you didn't like the first one, I still think you're a liar when you say you won't watch the 2nd. :)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Avatar was super derivative but it had one great character in Nateri (or whatever the female lead's name was) and it was a MASSIVE movie theater experience. I have no doubt that Cameron doesn't create another massive theater experience again. As far as sheer spectacle goes, no one does it better then Cameron. The guy consistently raises the bar every movie he makes.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Avatar was super derivative but it had one great character in Nateri (or whatever the female lead's name was) and it was a MASSIVE movie theater experience. I have no doubt that Cameron doesn't create another massive theater experience again. As far as sheer spectacle goes, no one does it better then Cameron. The guy consistently raises the bar every movie he makes.

Has he not done a movie like Avatar since Avatar? Why has he been silent for so long?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has he not done a movie like Avatar since Avatar? Why has he been silent for so long?

Cameron usually takes YEARS between movies. He's only made 4 movies in the last 24 years... T2, True Lies, Titanic and Avatar. And each of them (besides True Lies) were record setting smashes. The guy doesn't make a movie until the technology catches up with his vision and his vision is usually wayyyyyy ahead of te technology.

He's also been developing the Avatar series this entire time with the plan to apparently shoot three movies back to back to back. That takes a ton of time to script and storyboard out.

Even then, it's not certain Avatar 2 comes out next year. It was originally supposed to come out in 2014 and he blew past that date.

Stout

Reaction score
Forget it, can't even have a light hearted conversation with you anymore. Sucks to hate 90% that's out there...

Sorry, I wasn't being snippy with you. I was keeping it lighthearted too. I should have put a smiley face in there, since I could see how you'd read it that way, looking back.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I wasn't being snippy with you. I was keeping it lighthearted too. I should have put a smiley face in there, since I could see how you'd read it that way, looking back.

shut up you Creed-less-idiot!

Stout

Reaction score
wait.. you saw it?

lol No, just joking around. When it hits Netflix, I'll definitely check it out. I'd have bent and seen it, just to make you happy, if I didn't still have movies I already want to go see. Concussion and Big Short were great choices, as was Hateful 8, while the Revenant was a bad one. Next up will be the Forest.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol No, just joking around. When it hits Netflix, I'll definitely check it out. I'd have bent and seen it, just to make you happy, if I didn't still have movies I already want to go see. Concussion and Big Short were great choices, as was Hateful 8, while the Revenant was a bad one. Next up will be the Forest.

dude... you're seeing THE FOREST over Creed?!