2015-16 Around the NBA

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn't Chicago snap that 20-some game winning stream Miami had a few years ago too?

I was going with that and Rose being out. But when Kirk Hinrich has to play 34 minutes and E'Twaun Moore is the only other PG that an play with Brooks out too, you can only do so much,

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I was going with that and Rose being out. But when Kirk Hinrich has to play 34 minutes and E'Twaun Moore is the only other PG that an play with Brooks out too, you can only do so much,

I like what Chicago is doing this year. Noah being willing to come off the bench is huge. Mirotic and McBuckets are emerging as legitimate scorers. I am a big Rose fan, but I really think they would be better off without him. Take Rose out of the picture, add another shooter or two, and that is one hell of a team.

Either way, I really like them this year, and I think they will get even better. I really hope they can stay healthy and beat the Cavs in the East.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like what Chicago is doing this year. Noah being willing to come off the bench is huge. Mirotic and McBuckets are emerging as legitimate scorers. I am a big Rose fan, but I really think they would be better off without him. Take Rose out of the picture, add another shooter or two, and that is one hell of a team.

Either way, I really like them this year, and I think they will get even better. I really hope they can stay healthy and beat the Cavs in the East.

i think they're missing Rose near the end of games. Butler is a heck of a player, but when they played the Warriors they really needed a clutch player when the game was within reach. I think Rose is that guy that gets you those kind of wins.

Hinrich just makes so many bad decisions, replace Rose with him in these critical situations and the Bulls win some of these games.

OP
OP
Phrazbit

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Is Houston actually bad? I was assuming their ugly start was just some rust needing to come off, but they keep having these awful games. They got wrecked by Detroit they nearly lost to the Sixers the other night. Looking at their roster some serious flaws stand out. They're a bad defensive team and they don't have a lot of scoring outside of Harden. Looking at the guard rotation they seem to have wagered heavily on Lawson and lost big time. That dude has fallen apart. Terry is done, Brewer is done, Ariza continues to decline.

They really need to package some of their PF depth (and none of those guys are exactly lighting it up either) for some guards. At the very least someone who can hit a 3.

I had been counting the Rockets as an "in" team for the playoffs in their current form they certainly are not. With the Mavs regressing to the mean it looks like the Suns, instead of being one of 4 teams fighting for 1 or 2 spots they're now one of 6 times fighting for 4 spots.

I don't think 48+ wins are going to be required to make the playoffs in West this year.

Errntknght

Reaction score
If you just project all the teams current records the West will have 3 teams making the playoffs with .500 records. The Suns project to 36 wins to be, once again, the ninth place team in the West - however two teams in the East lottery project to have better records - imagine getting to draft 12th!

The parity between conferences is still holding - the East is +2. Last year the West finished +76. I expect the West to finish a bit ahead at the end of the year but its still going to be a huge turnaround.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Klay Thompson is killing it from the three point line, he has 7 threes and it is only the second quarter.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Fred Katz ‏@FredKatz 28m28 minutes ago
Feel like we should be bugging over Drummond's season more. Averaging 18.2 PPG & 16.4 RPG. No one's done that since Moses Malone in 78-79.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Hats off. Hope he can finish the season with those numbers or better.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
SportsCenter ‏@SportsCenter 16m16 minutes ago
After losing Tuesday, 76ers are now only franchise in NBA history to go 1-29 over 30-game stretch multiple times.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
SportsCenter ‏@SportsCenter 12m12 minutes ago
With a win today, Warriors will boast a .964 win percentage – best win percentage in NBA history entering Christmas.
You must be registered for see images attach

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Ish Smith was there for the taking earlier in the season. It sounds like the 76ers are going to push the tempo. I wonder if the Suns could get two second round picks for Ronnie Price... nevermind.

I always thought Ish was an underrated player during our 48 win season from Hornacek's first year. He played well for us and he actually played well for the 76ers in his first stint as well.

Ish should be a good addition to play the uptempo offense that I suspect D'Antoni will now instill for the 76ers.

OP
OP
Phrazbit

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Is it possible that Kyrie Irving is starting the all star game?

It's more absurd that Kobe is the leading vote-getter. I know there is a president for this, Magic was an all-star despite being retired, but Kobe is, and has been, one of the worst players in the NBA for 3 years running.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Fan voting needs to be removed from the All Star game. Things are much quicker and different than voting in the 90's by visiting Foot Locker or somewhere and filling out a "ballot" of sorts to be mailed in. If they have to keep the fans involved then let them choose the starting 5 based on the 12-13 players that coaches select for the team. They could do that online and leave voting open for a week.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Is it possible that Kyrie Irving is starting the all star game?

Hope not. Kyle Lowry is right behind and I hope he catches up in votes.

If it was up to me, Butler and Lowry would be starting.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I always thought Ish was an underrated player during our 48 win season from Hornacek's first year. He played well for us and he actually played well for the 76ers in his first stint as well.

Ish should be a good addition to play the uptempo offense that I suspect D'Antoni will now instill for the 76ers.

Mike D'antoni wanted him.
Sources say newly hired Philadelphia 76ers lead assistant Mike D’Antoni is impressed with Smith’s abilities and wanted to get him on their roster
- See more at: http://www.prosportsdaily.com/artic...or-ish-smith-388263.html#sthash.uU41E8rv.dpuf