2009 San Francisco 49ers "Season" thread!!

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
No, I have eyes.
then you saw alex drive the 49ers into scoring position, not once, but twice? if not then i don't know what game you were watching or where you are getting you info from.
Too bad alex can't catch his own passes, and too bad he fumbled on the seattle 30 yard line....oh wait that was Gore.
whoopsie doodle!

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
then you saw alex drive the 49ers into scoring position, not once, but twice? if not then i don't know what game you were watching or where you are getting you info from.
Too bad alex can't catch his own passes, and too bad he fumbled on the seattle 30 yard line....oh wait that was Gore.
whoopsie doodle!

So a drop and a fumble gets him off the hook for a whole half? Good QB's can overcome those things and Smith ain't good.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So a drop and a fumble gets him off the hook for a whole half? Good QB's can overcome those things and Smith ain't good.
Huh? he did overcome those things including bad field position.....if you watched the game you would've known that.:lol:

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
No way?
Matthew Barrows: Smith does his part to win the game
And Smith played his role perfectly.
He led the 49ers deep into Seattle territory twice in the fourth quarter. He threw two touchdown passes and finished with a career-high 310 yards. Smith, who had the worst game of his life the last time he played here, surpassed 300 yards for the first time in an NFL game. The game should have been his star vehicle.
Somehow, however, the 49ers allowed Smith to be upstaged by secondary actors.
http://www.sacbee.com/sf49ers/story/2375390.html#mi_rss=49ers

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The first drive, which began at the San Francisco 2-yard line, ended when running back Frank Gore fumbled. No defensive player in the league had been victimized more by Gore than Seahawks safety Jordan Babineaux, who was burned by Gore on several long runs in 2006 and whom Gore sidestepped on two big touchdown runs in a 49ers win earlier this season.
But Babineaux gained revenge this time when, with Gore fighting for extra yards, he came from behind the running back and punched the ball free. The Seahawks recovered, and Smith was forced to make a touchdownsaving tackle on the return.
Smith again drove the offense the next time he had the ball, this time leading the 49ers to the Seattle 16.
He threw two passes into the end zone. One was to rookie receiver Michael Crabtree, who would have had to make an incredible catch. The other was on target to tight end Vernon Davis, who let the ball slip through his hands and deflect off his helmet incomplete. Davis led all receivers with 111 yards, but he also led the team with four drops.

http://www.sacbee.com/sf49ers/story/2375390.html#mi_rss=49ers

LVG

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
49ers would be stupid to fire Singletary and are on the right track IMO. They are 1--possibly--2 seasons away from being real contenders. I hate the 9ers with a passion, but they are doing a lot of good things and would be dumb to change course.

+1

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Now I come to the most important positive. And this is a whopper. The 49ers have found their quarterback, found him for years to come. I’m talking about Alex Smith and if you disagree you are impossible to please. Finding their quarterback is an extremely big deal, more important by a mile than making the playoffs this season.
In case you are wavering on Smith, think about this. He played well, showed poise, led the 49ers twice on potential TD drives late in the game. On one Gore lost a fumble and on another Vernon Davis missed a pass in the end zone.
None of this was Smith’s fault.
http://www.pressdemocrat.com/articl...ORTS0908?Title=49ers-disappoint-Smith-doesn-t
:shock::shock:

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Like others, Jaworski said Smith’s development has been stunted by revolving offensive coordinators – five in five years. He noted that several of the NFL’s best passers get to work with the same play-caller every year until
“They understand each other,’’ he said. “They speak the same language. They see the field with the same eyes.”
But in the least, he sees progress.
And that’s praise of Smith you might not have heard the last time he was on Monday Night Football.
“They’re putting a lot of the burden on Alex Smith at this point,’’ Jaworski said. “I think for the most part he’s handled that burden pretty well.”
http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/...ampaign=Feed:+49ersHotRead+(49ers+Hot+Read):D

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
But Jon Gruden wants to see more.
"I'm like most 49ers fans," said Gruden, who will provide commentary for tonight's game on ESPN. "I'd like to see him take a giant step forward."
Dilfer said he and Smith attended the wedding of a mutual friend this offseason and they spent two hours talking. After the conversation, Dilfer said he turned to his wife.
"I told her, 'That is a different man,' Dilfer recalled. " 'Not a different player, but a different man. He will be fine now. Mark my words, honey, he will be fine.' "
Dilfer said he sensed more of a take-charge attitude in Smith than he had before.
"Now he runs the show," Dilfer said. "You see it in his body language. You see everyone reacting to him. He is now in total control of what is going on out there."
http://www.sacbee.com/sf49ers/story/2393079.html#mi_rss=49ers

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
You know what!
****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Give it a few days and come back.

Now is not the time to push buttons.

IAWarnerFan

Warnerphile, but a Cards fan!
Reaction score
:) He will probably get it easy, but who cares. :)

your 2 million to my 4 million then?

I still want in on this.

Ronin,
How about your 5 million to my 10 million? ;)

Ronin two to one odds he doesn't get 1500 rushing.

its a deal.:raccoon:

its a deal.:raccoon:
What happened to this bet in your sig? You want to pay this bet now or wait to see if he can rush for 665 yards in the final 3 games? :p

IAWarnerFan

Reaction score
Congrats on the season sweep btw. Too bad it's probably too late to make much of anything out of the season tho huh? :bigyawn:

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Congrats on the season sweep btw. Too bad it's probably too late to make much of anything out of the season tho huh? :bigyawn:
I said this season was over a couple of weeks, but I'm still enjoying this season.
The growth of Singletary, Alex, Crabtree, VD, and the rest of the team has me...:):)

IAWarnerFan

Reaction score
I said this season was over a couple of weeks, but I'm still enjoying this season.
The growth of Singletary, Alex, Crabtree, VD, and the rest of the team has me...:):)
I'm not as sold as I was entering this year. Still have a chance for a winning record. Need to beat Philly first tho.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good win. I still don't think Smith looked very good. :) I am glad I made that bet. I need the money. :) Come on Ramslionsiggles!!

IAWarnerFan

Reaction score
As far as the 49ers quarterbacks go, I stand by what I said at the beginning of this thread. What are their records as starters? Not that there's a big difference and it's good that Smith has another chance.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
I think SF is 3-6 with Smith starting this season. 3-7 after Sunday.

Overall, Smith has about a 40% winning percentage as a starter in the NFL.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
As far as the 49ers quarterbacks go, I stand by what I said at the beginning of this thread. What are their records as starters? Not that there's a big difference and it's good that Smith has another chance.

1st year (2-5)
2nd (7-9)
3rd (He had a 2-1 record, before he broke his shoulder, played through the pain.)
4th year still injured, didn't play single game.
5th year (3-4)...this is the best team he has ever played on

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard