2009 San Francisco 49ers "Season" thread!!

IAWarnerFan

Warnerphile, but a Cards fan!
Reaction score
1,700 hundred??? :beer:

Obviously going with the under if this becomes a vbookie. ;)

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
49ers new logo

Attachments

• 412ers.jpg
    412ers.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 65

young tone

5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!!!!!
Reaction score
lol...young tone made the comment, so I accommodated...with " " :D

lol I remember... I havent been here for a while but glad the thread got started.

I say he will go over!

1500 rushing yards
+
300 receiving yards
= WIN!
You must be registered for see images

Thats a big prediction imho. I think Gore is going to have a real good year (1200 to 1300 yards) but expect Coffee to spell Gore later in the game and definitely later in the season. Thats going to hurt Gore's touches

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
What's going to hurt Gore's touches is the fact that in the 3rd and 4th quarter they'll be chucking the ball wrecklessly in the air trying to come back from huge deficits.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thats a big prediction imho.
Yes and I'm sticking to that prediction.:)

I think Gore is going to have a real good year (1200 to 1300 yards) but expect Coffee to spell Gore later in the game and definitely later in the season. Thats going to hurt Gore's touches
IMHO Gore will easily go over 1300....nearly did last year on bum ankle. Although I wouldn't be disappointed with Gore's production decline, IF Coffee steps up.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Niners wideouts: The curse of the Bambin-t.o.
By now you've probably heard of the 49ers' curse. Oh you haven't? Well, it goes something like this: Long, long ago (in 2003), there was an evil wizard named T.O. who was banished from San Francisco. But before he left, he put a hex on his former kingdom that has lasted for five years. Think I'm yanking you? Consider the players who have worn T.O.'s No. 81 jersey since he left: Rashaun Woods, Antonio Bryant, Brandon Williams, Cam Colvin and Sean Ryan. Woods (first-round pick) and Williams (third round) were huge busts. Bryant's career in San Francisco effectively came to a close with a wild Lamborghini ride that ended with him in leather restraints in the back of a squad car. Colvin and Ryan had a cup of coffee with the 49ers and - poof! - were gone. (Good luck, Brandon Jones.) What's more, T.O. had 1,102 receiving yards in 2003. The 49ers haven't had a wideout even flirt with the 1,000-yard marker ever since.
Ah, but this year there are signs that the curse could be broken. The 49ers are arguably more talented at wideout than they've been since Jerry Rice and T.O. were in the same huddle. As I wrote earlier this week, it's perhaps the biggest difference between 2007's run-oriented offense and this year's run-oriented offense. The personnel on the outside gives defenses plenty to worry about. Here is the first half of the receiving corps - alphabetically - as the 49ers head into training camp.
http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblog...iners-wideouts.html?mi_rss=49ers Blog and Q&A

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblog...iners-wideouts.html?mi_rss=49ers Blog and Q&A

• . 6-1, 214. The buzz on Crabtree right now is that his agent wants Top 5 money for the No. 10 draft pick, a discrepancy that promises to cause him to miss the beginning of camp. I have yet to see or hear any attribution on that concept, so perhaps it's just a lot of speculation and Crabtree will be delivered on time. This may seem counterintuitive given the 49ers' receiving woes, but the truth is that the 49ers have the leverage on this one. They have two capable starters in Bruce and [/URL]Morgan as well as a host of decent backups in Jason Hill, Jones and Battle. Crabtree, meanwhile, slipped in the draft and has yet to step onto the practice field following foot surgery. He was champing at the bit so hard to practice in June that Singletary had to forcefully tell the rookie to take it easy. It's Crabtree who wants/needs to prove to the football world that he shouldn't have been passed over like he was, and he needs to be in camp to do so. Yes, the discrepancy between what the No. 5 and No. 10 drafts picks earn is wide, but Crabtree's real money will come on his second contract, which he is effectively working toward the minute he enters training camp.
    http://topics.sacbee.com/training+camp/

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Rookie contracts are generally determined by where a player is selected in the draft. Crabtree, the two-time Biletnikoff Award winner as college football’s best wide receiver, was the No. 10 overall pick.
However, Parker believes Crabtree deserves a greater contract because he should have been chosen sooner, multiple NFL sources said.
ProFootballTalk.com reported Parker has much higher expectations than a contract commensurate with the 10th overall selection under the theory Crabtree should have been a top-five selection.
:thumbdown
Coffee is close to signing his four-year contract, and is expected to report to camp on time.
:thumbup:
http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20090726/sports/907269970

IAWarnerFan

Warnerphile, but a Cards fan!
Reaction score
Quote:
Rookie contracts are generally determined by where a player is selected in the draft. Crabtree, the two-time Biletnikoff Award winner as college football’s best wide receiver, was the No. 10 overall pick.
However, Parker believes Crabtree deserves a greater contract because he should have been chosen sooner, multiple NFL sources said.
ProFootballTalk.com reported Parker has much higher expectations than a contract commensurate with the 10th overall selection under the theory Crabtree should have been a top-five selection.

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20090726/sports/907269970
Has Isaac Bruce retired yet? :p

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Then, prior to his fifth season in the league, Singletary said he was prepared to hold out for all of training camp. He ended up missing three weeks before settling his contract dispute in time to help lead the Bears to the Super Bowl title in January 1986.
“It’s about getting it done and at some point in time it will work itself out,” Singletary said of Crabtree’s contract issue.
Crabtree is not alone. Only Four of the 32 first-round draft picks have signed contracts, including just two of the top-20 selections. The Denver Post reported that Crabtree’s negotiations are holding up the talks for many of the other first-round picks.
League sources have told The Press Democrat that the 49ers have submitted multiple contract proposals commensurate to what the No. 10 overall pick in the draft could be expected to receive. However, Parker believes his client deserves a better deal because Crabtree should have been chosen sooner.
“Every situation is different,” Singletary said. “I know we have been fair.”
:confused:
http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20090728/sports/907289901

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Linebacker Patrick Willis, for instance, spent three weeks in Las Vegas working out at the gym of mixed martial artist Randy Couture.
"I haven't really had a July where you can sleep in and then go work out," said Willis, who was put through morning and afternoon workouts. " … The whole ground-and-pound and the boxing – it was the whole nine yards. That was fun."
Meanwhile, linebackers Takeo Spikes and Parys Haralson were letting their fists fly in Atlanta, where they went through two-a-day sessions alongside New York Giants defensive end Osi Umenyiora.
http://www.sacbee.com/sf49ers/story/2074178.html?mi_rss=49ers
I like what I'm reading....:thumbup: