2 ex-Cardinals' QB's to start next week

LarryStalling

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The surprising fact is that Matt will have company as Tyler Palko is slated to start for the injured Matt Cassel with Kansas City.

OP
OP
L

LarryStalling

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Ok. sorry bout missing the bye, but still amazed to hear Tyler Palko's name mentioned as a starting qb.

AZBoris

Reaction score
Nah, im not a fan of him. I would rather see them starting Ricky Stanzi, i believe he could do well(at least, better that awful Cassel).

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I really liked Palko.

I always thought it odd that the "traditionally stingy" Cardinals kept BSP at a million dollar salary over Palko at $375k. Especially since Palko wasn't quite as awful as BSP. Of course going 13-30 vs Denver's scrubs didn't help him much.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just picked up New England's defense for fantasy purposes to play against Palko.

chickenhead

Reaction score
Should be interesting to see Leinart. With Johnson, Foster, and Daniels available as receivers, plus Tate and a few other weapons, he definitely has options. And he's definitely had time to learn the offense. I hope it's been long enough that any success doesn't turn into a dozen "should have kept him" threads, though.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Palko looked fine in the mickey mouse offense. Until the Patriots scored a touchdown. Then Palko's inaccurate noodle arm was exposed. Game over. Time for KC to start Stanzi.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Palko looked fine in the mickey mouse offense. Until the Patriots scored a touchdown. Then Palko's inaccurate noodle arm was exposed. Game over. Time for KC to start Stanzi.
that's probably a good call.

My top three WR's in fantasy football: Andre Johnson, Fitz, and Dwayne Bowe now have Leinart, Skelton, and Palko throwing to them :sad:.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
that's probably a good call.

My top three WR's in fantasy football: Andre Johnson, Fitz, and Dwayne Bowe now have Leinart, Skelton, and Palko throwing to them :sad:.
After Palko's third pick, should have been at least his fourth, my wife asked "why does he keep throwing?"

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
Do you play in a league of 3 year olds?
Johnson in round 1, Fitz in round 2 and traded for Bowe.

It doesn't matter, I can't win a game. Look at this team I have in a different league (it's a keeper league):
QB:Rodgers
RB: Bradshaw, Mendenhall, Wells, Murray
WR: Roddy White, Dez Bryant, Vince Jackson, Mike Williams(TB)
TE: Gonzalez
Prior to the season I'm thinking 0-3 losses at the most
actual record 2-9, last place

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Small league like 8 teams or so?

I'm always in enormous leagues, 16 teams. But keeper, so the fact that I have Gore and McCoy as my running backs is due to drafting over time.

I would be surprised to pull both of those in a 12 team league. Is it WR stats heavy in order for you to eschew the RB position and go WR 1-2?

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
Mine is 12 team league but you get a point per reception. Otherwise the stats are the same for WR/RB. I drafted either 6 or 7 and figured after Foster, AP, and Rice that all the RB's were pretty similar and I'd be golden with AJ and Fitz at WR. I do kick myself for passing on McCoy because I thought he'd have a good year.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Mine is 12 team league but you get a point per reception. Otherwise the stats are the same for WR/RB. I drafted either 6 or 7 and figured after Foster, AP, and Rice that all the RB's were pretty similar and I'd be golden with AJ and Fitz at WR. I do kick myself for passing on McCoy because I thought he'd have a good year.

Uh, yeah. PPR makes McCoy considerably more valuable.