1st Round Pick: At 1st glance....

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
I would say the Cardinals are at least taking a quick look at each of these players. Player in bold are who I like at the spot. Obviously, if the players is not listed I think he will be chosen by #13, or a reach at #13.

I hope the Cardinals have learned at this point to go BPA.

The rest of the rounds are just overwhelming at this point. So, many options.

QB:
Ryan Tannehill, Texas A&M

RB:
Trent Richardson, Alabama
Lamar Miller, Miami

WR:
Ashlon Jeffery, South Carolina
Michael Floyd, Notre Dame
Dwight Jones, North Carolina
Kendell Wright, Baylor

OT:
Jonathan Martin, Stanford
Riley Reiff, Iowa
Barrett Jones, Alabama

OG:
David DeCastro, Stanford

OLB:
Whitney Mercilus, Illinois
Courtney Upshaw, Alabama
Brandon Jenkins, Florida State
Melvin Ingram, South Carolina
Nick Perry, USC
Vinnie Curry, Marshall

ILB:
Dont'a Hightower, Alabama
Luke Kuechly, Boston College
Vontaze Burfict, Arizona State

CB:
Morris Claiborne, LSU
Dre Kirkpatrick, Alabama
Alfonso Dennard, Nebraska
Janoris Jenkins, Northern Alabama
Chase Minnifield, Virginia

S:
Mark Barron, Alabama

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Hey Wallyburger, what's the word on Tommy Streeter? Has he declared for the draft? 6'5" WRs with a good 40 time always look like interesting picks to me. Sorry if you've already discussed him I missed it.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I thought I saw Barrett Jones was returning to Bama. If he is in the draft he'd be a guy to consider.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I thought Burficht is extremely high maintenance. It's not the Cardinals' MO to draft guys like that high (ASU notwithstanding).

PaulW

Veteran
Reaction score
My pick for #13 is Nick Perry OLB (6' 3" 253, 4.6 40), the next Aldon Smith; or Brandon Upshaw OLB/ILB (6' 1" 267, 4.72 40).

I believe the cards should continue to build the defense into a top 5 team.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
I thought Burficht is extremely high maintenance. It's not the Cardinals' MO to draft guys like that high (ASU notwithstanding).
Indeed. Burfict requires a strong locker room that will keep him in check. He has the physical tools to be a top 10 pick, but his character issues/laziness on the field really hurts his draft stock. If he goes to a team like the Ravens, for instance, he would have the chance to sit, learn, and observe from one of the best in Ray Lewis. Not only to be a good player, but to be a better person in general, which is what he really needs. He shows everything you want in a MLB, it's just a matter if he can find the right coaching staff/locker room that is willing to work with him. If it all comes together, he's easily a Pro Bowl LB.

OP
OP
RugbyMuffin

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Hey Wallyburger, what's the word on Tommy Streeter? Has he declared for the draft? 6'5" WRs with a good 40 time always look like interesting picks to me. Sorry if you've already discussed him I missed it.

Yes, he is going pro.

A lot of places have him going in the 2-3 rounds. I would love to see the Cardinals snatch him up with the 3rd round pick. I think he is exactly the type of WR this offense needs right now. Aka - the missing piece.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He'd learn how to be a good person from RAY FREAKING LEWIS???? Really????? Dude's a murderer!

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Indeed. Burfict requires a strong locker room that will keep him in check. He has the physical tools to be a top 10 pick, but his character issues/laziness on the field really hurts his draft stock. If he goes to a team like the Ravens, for instance, he would have the chance to sit, learn, and observe from one of the best in Ray Lewis. Not only to be a good player, but to be a better person in general, which is what he really needs. He shows everything you want in a MLB, it's just a matter if he can find the right coaching staff/locker room that is willing to work with him. If it all comes together, he's easily a Pro Bowl LB.

What do you think about the Cardinals locker room? We've got some really hard core guys like Wilson and Dockett but we've also got a lot of very young defensive players.

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I would love burfict as a pick. Tackle is really the smarter way to go though. I think we will all be pretty mad in about 3 years though when the cards dont take burfict.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I said Burfict's name and got laughed off the thread a few weeks ago by some hard core ASU fans. Just like last year when I mentioned Von Miller in February and got laughed at because he was too "small".

IMO I have seen enough games/tape to know this guy is the truth.

Still need to see his measurables before I put him in the Upshaw / Kuechly category.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
What do you think about the Cardinals locker room? We've got some really hard core guys like Wilson and Dockett but we've also got a lot of very young defensive players.
Cards certainly have the foundation in place to groom a player like Burfict, but the chances of us actually taking him seem almost impossible, purely based on his character issues. He will light up the combine and will probably be considered the most athletically gifted LB in the draft, but teams will pay more attention to how he handles interviews.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Ryan Tannehill, Texas A&M sucks...and if we drafted him anywhere in the draft my stomach would get sick for about the amount of time it would take to cut him

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard