15 thoughts - Washington game

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by Gandhi, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green Registered User

4) Reddick is not an X-factor as much as he is finally playing useful football for this team, and his limited play this season shows not great but better than average. Simmons has the freak ability seldom one finds and I truly feel it's this lack due to Covid and the preseason which has his gears a little off

5) The funny ass part of the game was when the old fart in the booth said they were giving the hurt Washington guy a hand when it was pre-recorded noise on the telecast

6) Gaillard was a consistent beast in the SEC and he's physically better than Cole (who I happen to like too and a nice situation for this franchise). If Gaillard is able to play a few more games, Cole might lose his job as a starter

7) Damn straight, Campbell is a god send and the Cards should put him down as an extension priority now!

9) Correction, McLaurin is a great WR with a crappy QB or rather a young guy

14) Jeff Rodgers and his assistant Derius Swinton are special team aces and not to mention that Rodgers is the assistant head coach too... seriously Rodgers has a future as a head coach

Luv your analysis Gandhi, top notch contemplation for the forum :)

2. Gandhi

Gandhi Registered

Well, that was my point, Jetstream. That basically no one could have expected him to play well, so as it comes as a surprise, he becomes sort of an X factor.

You might be right, but I would think that they go back to Cole as soon as they can, and if they do, then Gaillard might obviously not play a few more games.

I believe you could easily end up being right in this.

Thank you, Jetstream! Highly appreciated.

3. SoonerLou

SoonerLou Registered

As crazy as this may sound..

Dan Arnold might be the 2nd best receiving threat on this team. He's got Waller like potential.

He just hasnt gotten the ball. Watching the film that guy runs good routes and gets open. Just gotta develop a chemistry with Kyler.

He's going to be a problem for teams if we can get him going.

4. Garthshort

Garthshort Registered User

#12- Agree, agree, agree.

#13- Might just be me, but I thought that the WFT ran plays away from Budda Baker's side of the field and were targeting Banjo, who held up pretty well.

5. cardpa

cardpa Finding the Field

They also got away with one on Murray's second TD run.

Garthshort likes this.
  6. Gandhi

Gandhi Registered

I did not notice that, Garth, but I am sure you are right, and it makes sense since Baker is obviously a great player. Anyway, yes, I also thought that Banjo held up fine. At the very least he was far from a liability.

Garthshort likes this.
  7. WildBB

WildBB Air Raid Locked n Loaded

If we can stay healthy up front in both the OL and DL, I really like this teams chances.

Gandhi likes this.
  8. WildBB

WildBB Air Raid Locked n Loaded

He could be more of an x factor than Simmons his rookie campaign. He plsyed in what, like 40% of snaps per game the last two weeks. That's a pretty big role in the nickle/dime and spelling starters for series.

Gandhi likes this.
  9. Gandhi

Gandhi Registered

SL, I disagree that he is better than both Fitz and Hopkins, but I don’t think that takes away your point. I have this idea that Dan Arnold is kind of like the replacement for Hakeem Butler in the sense that he is the tall target. He simply gives them an option that the other receivers don’t necessarily possess.

10. SoonerLou

SoonerLou Registered

Oh no I never said he was better than Hopkins, lol. Just saying potential as the 2nd best pass catcher. Not by a wide margin though.
    Edit: Not 2nd best, but 2nd most dangerous I think.

Love Fitz. He's more dependable. Just saying watching Arnold outrun safeties....yeesh.

Kyler ever gets comfortable letting it rip I can see some big plays happening.

Gandhi and BullheadCardFan like this.
  11. Cardiac

Cardiac Registered User

To back your point about Arnold, Shregs from GMF went off before the season about Arnold being a huge Fantasy sleeper. It was obvious that he had someone he knows on the Cards who talked Arnold up.

SoonerLou likes this.
  12. dscher

dscher Registered

Great write up!

13. dscher

dscher Registered

Woulda, coulda, shoulda

14. Gandhi

Gandhi Registered

I agree, Dscher. What if Aaron Francisco had taking just an inch longer step, so he had pushed Santonio Holmes out of bounds? Such speculation simply does not matter.

dscher likes this.
  15. TaylorSwift

TaylorSwift Registered

This is a superbowl team. Cant wait to see K1 against Rodgers and/or Wilson in the playoffs