15 thoughts - Washington game

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As crazy as this may sound..

Dan Arnold might be the 2nd best receiving threat on this team. He's got Waller like potential.

He just hasnt gotten the ball. Watching the film that guy runs good routes and gets open. Just gotta develop a chemistry with Kyler.

He's going to be a problem for teams if we can get him going.

To back your point about Arnold, Shregs from GMF went off before the season about Arnold being a huge Fantasy sleeper. It was obvious that he had someone he knows on the Cards who talked Arnold up.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
1 – In addition to Blackmon, Jordan Phillips now also looks like a fine pickup. That’s huge. Have the Cards had a better defensive line since the one that included both Darnell Dockett and Calais Campbell? I don’t remember so.

2 – Playcalling with all three units are now a strength. Think about that for a second.

3 – Is Haason Reddick becoming sort of an x-factor? I know he is now listed as an outside linebacker, but in reality I am not sure what his role actually is. But he can use his superior athleticism to do good things. So far it is an impressive job by Vance Joseph to put him in the right positions.

4 – It wasn’t until the fourth quarter that the artificial background noise became annoying. Until then it was pretty much just like white noise. It was okay.

5 – Three delay of game penalties by Kyler Murray. That is just horrible.

6 – I wouldn’t say Lamon Gaillard was a liability, but he was not impressive either. He was just there. Which is fine for a first time starting center, but I would still go back to Cole when it is possible.

7 – Great job by the Falcons’ brain trust to let De’Vondre Campbell walk. o_O Geeez.

8 – Remember when the Cards had huge long snapper issues after Mike Leach retired, and how it costed games, and how Aaron Brewer came in to save the day and solidify the position? Now he is causing fumbles. I dig it, as the young people say.

9 – Terry McLaurin is a good receiver, but it is not okay that Dre Kirkpatrick constantly got beaten like a drum throughout the second half.

10 – I must admit that I was disappointed with Kingsbury’s mask. With his focus on style and fashion I had expected something more unique.

11 – I kind of feel like I am now really recognizing how dangerous a weapon Kyler Murray truly am. Of course he made special plays last season as well, but for some reason it is not until now that I feel like I fully understand it.

12 – 20 penalties through two games are simply unacceptable. Get it fixed!

13 – Chris Banjo is not exactly the best safety in the NFL, but he sure is good at making open field tackles. Which seems to be something the coaches teaches very well, by the way. #JalenThompson #BuddaBaker

14 – I am thrilled with the special teams coverage. So good.

15 – During the second half I must admit that I lost focus a little – which I think signals how far this team has come. I simply was not worried that they would throw it all away. It was a new feeling that I didn’t really know what to do with. Not uncomfortable, but weird.
Great write up!

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don’t really use much time and energy on “what if’s”, Shane. Brewer snapped that ball so Lee could punt it away. It doesn’t matter much to me how it happened, since it did happen.
Woulda, coulda, shoulda

OP
OP
Gandhi

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Woulda, coulda, shoulda

I agree, Dscher. What if Aaron Francisco had taking just an inch longer step, so he had pushed Santonio Holmes out of bounds? Such speculation simply does not matter.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This is a superbowl team. Cant wait to see K1 against Rodgers and/or Wilson in the playoffs

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I agree, Dscher. What if Aaron Francisco had taking just an inch longer step, so he had pushed Santonio Holmes out of bounds? Such speculation simply does not matter.

Then they score :30 seconds later than they did. Our defense wasn’t going to stop that drive.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave