15 thoughts - Ravens game

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by Gandhi, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Gandhi

Gandhi Registered

1 - At least the Cards has been in both of the first two games in the 4th quarters. That is a huge improvement from last season.

2 - How does such a little man throw so hard? #KylerMurray

3 – Hats off to Lamar Jackson. I thought he would be a colossal bust when he came out of Louisville. Waiter, I will have my portion of crow now, please.

4 - The Cards kicked field goals from the 4, the 3 and the 2. Can’t have three missed (almost) goal line opportunities, and Kingsbury has been a lot less aggressive so far than I had thought.

5 – It’s probably stretching it (just a little) to call it a breakout game from Haason Reddick, but I do think he took a step away from the Nkemdiche-zone.

6 - I am not going to panic that Andy Isabella was a healthy scratch, but it’s not exactly a good sign either.

7 - Hey, the clap snap is back! And no penalties this time. Anyone know what’s the rule is?

8 - That 1st drive from the Ravens, as well as their 2nd drive in the 3rd quarter is by far the worst kinds, in my opinion. I would much rather that the opponent score lightening quick on two, three or four plays than that they methodically go the entire field and still score.

9 - I would not be surprised if Justin Murray has been on a short leash, and that this performance will push him out of the lineup, or at least very close to with next week being decisive for him. Jordan Mills will probably replace him, but personally I would prefer Brett Toth, only because I assume they are almost equally good, and I really, really like Toth’s story.

10 - Cool to see Cassius Marsh having a much bigger role on the defense. I like him, and it’s a huge deal if he produces every week. Oh, and have you seen him? He looks like a madman, and it never hurts to have those guys on defense.

11 - In only four quarters (one last week, three this week) I have gotten more exited with the offense than all of last season.

12 – I was a little surprised that they preferred Deionte Thompson over Chris Jones when playing five or more defensive backs.

13 – Like last week the defense were much more successful after halftime. Kudos, Mr. Joseph. Kudos.

14 - I like Byron Murphy.

15 - I am not that critical. I have more hope for this team now than I have had in a long time.

2. RugbyMuffin

RugbyMuffin Uh,huhuhuhuhuh

Haasan Reddick:
    1. There is a reason the Ravens ran all over the Cardinals
    2. There is a reason the Ravens tight ends were so effective.

Reddick is a bust. He will be shown the door in the offseason and one would hope Kiem goes with him.

‐----------------

The Ravens were inside the 10 yard line at the end of that game. That would have given them 30 pts.

The Cardinals had 3 field goals. Even if they score 4 touchdowns. They lose 28-30.

Still lose the game even if they go for it on 4th down in the redzone and make it at every opportunity.

You can say they could have gone for two but why and how if the Ravens have the ball last?

Any way you cut it, the Cardinals lose the game yesterday. Which is OK, Ravens are the better team right now.

Sent from my mystical communication warp drive device thingy

Dayman, JosiahLee and b8rtm8nn like this.
  3. Rohinaz

Rohinaz Rookie

4. We need to run the ball more when we are in the red zone.
    6. Isabelle - I think it is more about the great play of Keeshan Johnson that is it about isabella. Johnson is polished and plays very well.
    7. For the clap, its seems the refs have a problem with fake clapping, actual clapping appears ok.
    9. For Justin Muarry - i think hes played OK considering he been on the team for 2 weeks. More curious why we traded Korey Cunningham to the pats if we were that thin at OT.

There are a lot of positives to take away over the past 2 weeks. If Peterson and Alford were playing we might be 2 and 0. They migh consider using TE's a bit more to slow down pass rushers and give Kyler more time. Sky is the limit for Kyler.

Gandhi likes this.
  4. Proximo

Proximo Registered

I can see you want to make Reddick the whipping boy - but he alone is not responsible from stopping Jackson- he was not a spy.
    Likewise he is far from the only one assigned to guard the TE's

Also I do not agree the Ravens were guaranteed to get a touchdown at the end of the game - a fg yes, but not a touchdown.

Gandhi, daves and Cardsfaninlouky like this.
  5. Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky Registered

7- the ball has to come out if you clap, if it doesn't, then they call a penalty.

15- me 2

Gandhi likes this.
  6. GuernseyCard

GuernseyCard Registered

If this and that and this and that happen we lose

If that and this and that and this happen we win.

Gandhi likes this.
  7. Shaggy

Shaggy Site Owner Administrator Staff Member

I'm rewatching the game and man the D stunk it up in the first half. They were bad. Seem lost and not sure who to cover.

Gandhi likes this.
  8. Matt L

Matt L formerly known as mattyboy

The DBs feel like the weakest link

9. Shaggy

Shaggy Site Owner Administrator Staff Member

Jackson's running did hurt but there were wide open TEs all game. There were 2 wide open TEs in the endzone when Hurst go the last TD. There were 3 DBs/CBs covering one WR while 2 TEs were open on that play.

They D still looks lost on who to cover.

10. daves

daves Keepin' it real! Contributor

... against the Cardinals. Against anyone else, not so much!

...dbs

Cardsfaninlouky likes this.
  11. CardsSunsDbacks

CardsSunsDbacks ASFN Contributor Contributor

This is the one stipulation where it is allowed because the clock was running out.

12. Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky Registered

Yes, I left that part out, what cardssunsdbacks said. If the clock is running down & you're hurrying to get the play off, it's supposed to not be called in a dire situation like that. Plenty of time left on the play clock, you clap, ball doesn't come out............penalty. They nailed Rodgers with it first game of the season & that's the explanation the ref gave him.

13. Gandhi

Gandhi Registered

I don’t like this kind of thinking, Rugby. Scores changes games, and thus none of us has any idea of how the game would develop if, say, the Cards scored a touchdown on just one of those red zone trips. And certainly not if four possessions would have gone differently. Play calls, systems used, lineups, maybe even energy put into it, would probably be different if the score was different.

That kind of thinking is, in my opinion, only valid on the last drive where basically nothing can happen afterwards.

14. slanidrac16

slanidrac16 Registered User Contributor

I think special teams should have made your list. Although special teams have been outstanding they took a step backwards Sunday. Personal foul interfering with the punt returner and Byrd’s mistake on the kickoff hurt.

P.S. Love your thread. I look forward to it every week.

Capital Card and daves like this.
  15. RugbyMuffin

RugbyMuffin Uh,huhuhuhuhuh

Agreed.

Lot of comments about going for it on 4th down.

Not sure that would have changed the out come. Just sayin'

Sent from my mystical communication warp drive device thingy