05-06 Coyotes season thread

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought it would be a good idea to have a single season thread for the Coyotes this year, similar to what the Dbacks forum had a year or two ago.

The Yotes take on the Ducks tonight, NAGY got an early goal to make it 1-0. Great for him, hopefully this is what he needs to get it going offensively. :thumbup:

OP
OP
coyoteshockeyfan

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Michalek had the OT winner tonight in what turned out to be a great game. What else can be said about Cujo? The guy was stellar once again tonight, not enough words can be said about how big of a free agency steal he was.

Compa

Registered
Reaction score
I unfortunately couldn't go to last night's game, but it was fantastic TV. As was mentioned in another thread, the crowd was amazing. It adds so much to my enjoyment when the crowd is in to the game. It's great to see such a great crowd for a divisional game.

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
You guys are right about all those points. CuJo was amazing. Michalek's play to end the game was beautiful. The crowd? Wow, it was weird to stand in line for more than a few seconds to get inside! I'm seeing real progress on this team and am starting to get very excited. :thumbup:

OP
OP
coyoteshockeyfan

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gainey sent down, Lundmark called up, Lehoux on a conditioning assignment. Either Nedved or Gauthier must be close to returning to action.

www.phoenixcoyotes.com

Compa

Registered
Reaction score
MikeOnTheMic said:
Not on TV tonight...get out to the arena!!

Who else is going?!

Could this game be a sellout?

I would have thought that this game would be on TV. The Avalanche games are always a good draw, and I would guess they would bring good TV ratings.

Hopefully tonight's the night we get over .500!

Murf

Rookie
Reaction score
For those of you who were at the game or were listening on the radio: The call against Ricci to give the AV's the first 5 on 3 was complete BS. Brisebois's dive was one of the more blatant I've ever seen. I replayed it several times and I can honestly say it was amazingly obvious.

I hope the NHL gets ahold of the tape for this game and hands out a fine because not only was it a ridiculous dive, it set up a game changing play.

Nice job Colorado on a cheap win.

OP
OP
coyoteshockeyfan

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nedved should be back in the lineup tomorrow night vs. the Blue Jackets.

OP
OP
coyoteshockeyfan

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Scatchard wastes no time getting settled, he scores a nice power play goal to give the Coyotes a 3-1 against San Jose in the 2nd period. :thumbup:

Scott MS

Registered
Reaction score
Coyotes reach .500 mark (10-10-2, 22 points) with chance to move above that mark tonight vs. Columbus. Should be a good game and it starts at 6:00 p.m.

OP
OP
coyoteshockeyfan

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Coyotes win in back to back nights, this time against Columbus 5-1 at home. What a great effort all around, both the offense and defense played a solid game, and LeNeveu came up big getting the start in place of Cujo who needed a night off after the game last night. This win puts them above .500 for the first time this year. :thumbup:

MikeOnTheMic

Veteran
Reaction score
coyoteshockeyfan said:
Scatchard wastes no time getting settled, he scores a nice power play goal to give the Coyotes a 3-1 against San Jose in the 2nd period. :thumbup:

Nice little scrap too...I think he looks like a solid addition.

OP
OP
coyoteshockeyfan

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2-1 loss to the Ducks tonight. It wasnt on TV, but I heard that Nedved was injured again tonight. :mad:

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
coyoteshockeyfan said:
2-1 loss to the Ducks tonight. It wasnt on TV, but I heard that Nedved was injured again tonight. :mad:

Yeah, he got hit pretty hard. The other guy got an "intent to injure" penalty. Nedved had a hard time getting up.

The rest of the team was just out of it altogether tonight. Bad passes, whiffing on the puck, tripping over themselves....

:(

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I hate the instigator rule. When a player hits another guy like that douche bag from Anaheim hit Nedved, he deserves to get his ass kicked. That was as cheap as it gets. O'Donnell shouldnt have been penalized for sticking up for his guy.

Murf

Rookie
Reaction score
If I ruled the world, or at least a hockey team, I would do this.

If the team gives up two soft goals because they are still asleep, I would call a timeout and have them skate lines for the entire timeout. I would fully embarrass them in front of their fans and the other team.

Words can't light a fire under someone's ass like humiliation can.

Coyotes needed something tonight. They looked like they were asleep. Sloppy passes, stupid penalties (as usual), fanned-on shots, soft goals. It didn't look like the same team that beat Detroit in Detroit, and won back to back games this weekend.

Here's hoping they can put this one behind them and get back to winning.

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
MikeOnTheMic said:
No fine for Gretz, no suspension for Doan!

There were rumors? About the fight after the hit on Nedved?

MikeOnTheMic

Veteran
Reaction score
krepitch said:
There were rumors? About the fight after the hit on Nedved?

No. Doan punched Vishnevski in the face at the end of the game. He got a 5 minute fighting and an instigator penalty. New NHL rules call for a 1 game suspension for the player and $10K fine for the coach when an instigator is called with under 5 mins. left in play.

The NHL reviewed it and is not enforcing the suspension/fine.

Story

Fedoruk hit on Nedved story

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
MikeOnTheMic said:
No. Doan punched Vishnevski in the face at the end of the game. He got a 5 minute fighting and an instigator penalty. New NHL rules call for a 1 game suspension for the player and $10K fine for the coach when an instigator is called with under 5 mins. left in play.

The NHL reviewed it and is not enforcing the suspension/fine.

Story

Fedoruk hit on Nedved story

I was thinking it must have been for that play at the end, but I didn't get a close look at it.

CronosCard

Veteran
Reaction score
"..And in this corner.."

Why does Anaheim, Detroit and Calgary say the Coyotes are a soft team? When I see them play they never retaliate or even hit the other team's players.. It's like they are playing afraid! I saw the Game and the hit on Nedved, it was in retaliation for a Coyote hit on Lupor, something like that. That's the first time I've seen that this year, and it bothers me that other teams see the Coyotes as soft..

OP
OP
coyoteshockeyfan

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Keith Ballard just shows something new every night. He is going to be a special player in this league for a long time. He just drilled Richard Park into next week with a highlight reel hit. Its great to see such a legal hit of that magnitude. 2-0 Coyotes in the 2nd against the Canucks.

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
coyoteshockeyfan said:
Keith Ballard just shows something new every night. He is going to be a special player in this league for a long time. He just drilled Richard Park into next week with a highlight reel hit. Its great to see such a legal hit of that magnitude. 2-0 Coyotes in the 2nd against the Canucks.

That was amazing!

Keith Ballard is the Coyote version of Anquan Boldin. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Murf

Rookie
Reaction score
That was a thing of beauty. A clean hit that just destroys the recipient.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard