‘18-19 Suns Schedule release

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Full regular season schedule is released later this week. Suns are not on schedule to play on Christmas Day.

They start the season off against the Mavs which I’m sure will be hyped up with the Ayton/Doncic storyline.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Pretty disappointed to see that Spurs vs Raptors won’t be a Christmas game. Would rather see that than LAL losing by 25 to the Warriors even though I get why the league chose that game from a market perspective.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ayton versus Doncic right off. It won't be fair but many will use this as the draft pick fight continued.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ayton vs DeAndre Jordan should be pretty fun.

I'm not sure Ayton is ready to handle the physicality of Jordon early but I agree, it should be fun.

Maybe Bridges gets some playing time against Doncic.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I'm not sure Ayton is ready to handle the physicality of Jordon early but I agree, it should be fun.

Maybe Bridges gets some playing time against Doncic.

I’d be very surprised and disappointed if Ayton doesn’t show up in elite shape to start camp.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ayton vs DeAndre Jordan should be pretty fun.

And Booker vs Doncic. It could be a fun game, for sure. I like the matchups, overall. Ayton vs Jordan will be fun to see. The battle of two DeAndre's. Jordan won't push Ayton a lot defensively but he will make him earn his baskets and I hope we'll see how Ayton can be used to open up the lane. Other teams won't be able to play off of him much because he has good range on his shot and if he hangs around 15-20 feet that may open the lane for Knight and Booker to drive and if Ayton's man collapses they can hit him for an open mid-range jumper. I suspect we'll see that happen a lot this season and the Mavericks will be a good opponent to try it out against.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’d be very surprised and disappointed if Ayton doesn’t show up in elite shape to start camp.

This is my hope as well.

All I'm saying is Jordon is going to be a load for the rookie to handle. Ayton's body should mature with time but it is nowhere near it will be in a few years. Jordon is already there physically.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
This is my hope as well.

All I'm saying is Jordon is going to be a load for the rookie to handle. Ayton's body should mature with time but it is nowhere near it will be in a few years. Jordon is already there physically.

Yeah Jordan is a freak for a dude that size but his explosiveness has dwindled a bit. Still a tough matchup.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah Jordan is a freak for a dude that size but his explosiveness has dwindled a bit. Still a tough matchup.

I'm definitely looking forward to the match up. Maybe Ayton can take advantage of Jordon outside.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Ayton needs to use that mid range jumper! One thing I noticed is D. Jordan doesn't like to come out on bigs that can shoot.

OP
OP
sunsfan88

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

We get to play the Lakers and LeBron pretty quickly into the season.

The game’s in Phoenix so I hope it’s not dominated by Lakers in our arena :(

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is another link from azcentral which breaks the whole Suns schedule down.

It's no surprise that the Suns will have only three appearances on either ESPN or TNT. They won 21 games last season. What else would be expected, even with the addition of Deandre Ayton?

Bad NBA teams usually get stuck with long road trips and the Suns are no exception. They have an eight-day trip in November, an 11-day trip in December and a seven-day trip in January.

One oddity: In part because of the NBA All-Star break and the way the schedule fell, Phoenix has just three home games from Jan. 30 to March 1. That's almost inconceivable. But the Suns then only have six road games in March.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...9-regular-season-schedule-released/958128002/

OP
OP
sunsfan88

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Suns have 2nd most difficult schedule next season.

Errntknght

Reaction score
The toughest 8 schedules belong WC teams... I suppose there was no way to avoid that.

It looks like they arranged the schedules so the worst teams have the hardest schedules. Is that something new or is it just happenstance? I don't recall noticing it before.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The toughest 8 schedules belong WC teams... I suppose there was no way to avoid that.

It looks like they arranged the schedules so the worst teams have the hardest schedules. Is that something new or is it just happenstance? I don't recall noticing it before.

I don't think they really have to arrange it, it happens naturally. There might be more to it but the best teams don't have to play themselves and the worst teams regularly face teams that are better than them.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Suns have 2nd most difficult schedule next season.
Well. Yes. The Suns don't get a bunch of games with an easy team like the Suns on their schedule.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well. Yes. The Suns don't get a bunch of games with an easy team like the Suns on their schedule.

In college basketball back in the day, I remember a friend of mine, who is an ASU fan, was talking about how ASU might not be as good as Arizona but they've got more balls than Az does because they'd played more top 10 teams in the previous 5 years than Arizona had. Upon deeper investigation it was found that virtually every occurrence for ASU was them playing Arizona.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In college basketball back in the day, I remember a friend of mine, who is an ASU fan, was talking about how ASU might not be as good as Arizona but they've got more balls than Az does because they'd played more top 10 teams in the previous 5 years than Arizona had. Upon deeper investigation it was found that virtually every occurrence for ASU was them playing Arizona.

If it was "back in the Rob Evans day" the Cats and other Pac schools were just about the only top 150 teams the Devils would schedule.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I don't think they really have to arrange it, it happens naturally. There might be more to it but the best teams don't have to play themselves and the worst teams regularly face teams that are better than them.

We are not back in the day anymore.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
This ranking how hard teams seasons are before the season never really pans out. In football every year I see this happen, and some teams under perform that were supposed to be good, and others the opposite. The schedule never really is as bad as it seems. That said WE ARE in the Western Conference so it will be hard just for that!

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Here is another link from azcentral which breaks the whole Suns schedule down.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...9-regular-season-schedule-released/958128002/

I actually like the schedule for the most part. I know they get screwed a little with long road trips early but the March and April schedule should allow us to finish strong. It wouldn't surprise me if the league is trying to tweak schedules of bad teams like the Suns to keep them from tanking towards the end of the year. We have all of our long road trips early and in February so there isn't an excuse to drop the final 20 games of the season unless there are legit injuries.