Texas DT T’Vondre Sweat - DUI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Or, I dunno .... Spring time barbecue??

Or running a few games of Madden with the boys while enjoying an ice cold 40?
Obviously he is a large man, but normally to be in the .08 range it takes 4 beverages of normal alcohol content. Like 4 bottles of beers that aren't high alc% by vol.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Obviously he is a large man, but normally to be in the .08 range it takes 4 beverages of normal alcohol content. Like 4 bottles of beers that aren't high alc% by vol.
Right??
I don't even really drink... Like every few years...and I can down four or five beers in an afternoon and get nothing from it but an overfilled bladder

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
If I had to guess since this happened at 2 PM he was drinking into the wee hours of the morning and then got up to drive and wasn't recovered yet.
The crash happened at 4:41 AM and he wasn't booked until 2 PM... so likely a late night thing.

Right??
I don't even really drink... Like every few years...and I can down four or five beers in an afternoon and get nothing from it but an overfilled bladder
Unfortunately tolerance doesn't really even out with the legal limit.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That is lame, I was 18 in UK a very long time ago and we as my buddies and I decided we needed a designated driver.

Nobody told us to, we just wanted to be able to continue to got out in a car to pubs.

The kid is dumb and irresponsible DUI is NO joke and I knew it at 18almost 50 years ago. The trouble is in the US is has always been seen as no big deal, even today. The penalties are way less now in the USA than in the UK 50 years ago and it is not anything as socially unacceptable. I have ZERO sympathy
Here in the states, I was not quite 14 and had already learned the value of orthodontists and deodorant.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Laremy Tunsil seems to be doing fine. Same with Jalen Carter. Agreed that it is not good. Also, context is that he was cited for over .08 and not .15 which is the more severe offense, a class A misdemeanor.
In all fairness, he’s still an unemployed college kid. Getting a body that size over a BAC of .1 ain’t cheap.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Nowhere did I excuse the behavior. Actions have consequences. Those consequences are just different now than they used to be. Less margin for error. Kids are dumb. The male brain isn't even fully developed until 25. It is just unfortunate what dumb decisions can cost young people.

With the amount of processed/refined foods and social data these kids consume most won’t ever have properly developed brains. That’s not an excuse just something I heard on a podcast.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Even if he didn’t do this, I still wouldn’t draft dude until possibly Round 5 at best. The fact that dude was probably 380lbs+ at one point(Senior Bowl, but refused to weigh) is insane. That’s just too big to the point I’m not sure dude will be in the league after his first contract.

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I feel like you needed to get this out. You are welcome. Also, thanks for being the paragon of virtue that all others need to be judged by.
And thanks for being a *******.

You have seem to have no clue as to my motivations. For the record I despise drunk drivers, you do not seem to feel the same way. QED

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here in the states, I was not quite 14 and had already learned the value of orthodontists and deodorant.
That was a nicely crafted personal attack, you should have been a politician. You did a good job of coming up to edge of a personal attack, while [hopefully] staying on the non-bannable side of the line.

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Look I know some people here are sensitive, I also understand that drunk driving is not looked on as so bad to many but I only really have one point.

Drunk driving is terrible, it can ruin lives, innocent people die because of it. Is it so bad to despise it ?

I'm not opposed to drinking, I've been known to do a lot of that myself, but is it really so hard to understand that drunk driving is a very bad thing and anything we say to make it seem less bad is encouraging it ?

In the last few hours for trying to make this simple point, this thread has gone from denial, to personal attacks on my personal hygiene. I mean is this necessary?

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That was a nicely crafted personal attack, you should have been a politician. You did a good job of coming up to edge of a personal attack, while [hopefully] staying on the non-bannable side of the line.
Cool story bro. Sorry your typical bashing of the US didn’t hit its mark. We keep our inbred hidden in West Virginia. You guys built yours a castle and worship their every fart. What else needs to be said?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I feel like you needed to get this out. You are welcome. Also, thanks for being the paragon of virtue that all others need to be judged by.
I love when someone on here attacks someone else for actually being a good person. Rich. Compelling.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Kid? He's almost 23. He's not some teenager. It's 2024, plan ahead. Call an Uber or a Lyft or stay in. He's an idiot.
To me this is the real thrust of the issue in todays world. Uber and Lyft take a few seconds to call. How dumb do you have to be not to do that during the period in your life when you’ll be under the most scrutiny ever?

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
two bannings have been issued by me and a couple warnings by Ronin. Can you guys please keep the board on topic and not let it get personal…. Thread locked.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard