Texas DT T’Vondre Sweat - DUI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Yeah. I can say that I probably wouldn't have handled being a millionaire (or soon to be) and a professional athlete well in my early 20s. Especially with so many sports news outlets trying to find all of these misdeeds and blast them to the fans.
Now? I wouldn't change much as a person other than having a much higher quality of life. Then? It would not have been pretty.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, they are kids.

and also, it is tougher being a kid these days than it was when it comes to making mistakes. No one is calling your parents to pick you up or following you home as much for fear of liability. Less warnings. Tougher environment.
Yea there really is no excuse for this behavior. The they’re just “kids” excuse doesn’t fly. I just hope he doesn’t cotongue to be a multiple time offender. Possibly killing someone in the future.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Yea there really is no excuse for this behavior. The they’re just “kids” excuse doesn’t fly. I just hope he doesn’t cotongue to be a multiple time offender. Possibly killing someone in the future.
Nowhere did I excuse the behavior. Actions have consequences. Those consequences are just different now than they used to be. Less margin for error. Kids are dumb. The male brain isn't even fully developed until 25. It is just unfortunate what dumb decisions can cost young people.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That escalated quickly.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
not a good look

if you cant keep your act together in the 30 days preceding the draft -- suggests there will be issues afterwards
Laremy Tunsil seems to be doing fine. Same with Jalen Carter. Agreed that it is not good. Also, context is that he was cited for over .08 and not .15 which is the more severe offense, a class A misdemeanor.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
The problem is its an indictment of his disipline

dont want to draft undisiplined fat guy. We did that already with Wendell Bryant
I agree. and I don’t think he’s undisciplined only because of the DWI. Young people make mistakes and this could be something he moves on from. I think he has a lot to work on himself on the field to be a good nfl player.

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Well, they are kids.

and also, it is tougher being a kid these days than it was when it comes to making mistakes. No one is calling your parents to pick you up or following you home as much for fear of liability. Less warnings. Tougher environment.

Ain't that the truth. I couldn't count the number of close calls I skated by on where for some reason the parents just never got called.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure I’d be dead if I was a millionaire at that young of an age.

Which isn’t said to excuse the behavior. It’s more an example of the type of people you DON’T want to bet millions on. There’s plenty of high level athletes who don’t present that kind of risk.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure I’d be dead if I was a millionaire at that young of an age.

Which isn’t said to excuse the behavior. It’s more an example of the type of people you DON’T want to bet millions on. There’s plenty of high level athletes who don’t present that kind of risk.
At minimum I would have had a syringe of penicillin with me:)

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
At minimum I would have had a syringe of penicillin with me:)
my first time in a foreign port this old senior chief tells me... just make sure when you are done...you go in the bathroom and wash your D with about a half a bottle of rum...and you will be fine.

it works. I never was in the clap line

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, they are kids.

That is lame, I was 18 in UK a very long time ago and we as my buddies and I decided we needed a designated driver.

Nobody told us to, we just wanted to be able to continue to got out in a car to pubs.

The kid is dumb and irresponsible DUI is NO joke and I knew it at 18almost 50 years ago. The trouble is in the US is has always been seen as no big deal, even today. The penalties are way less now in the USA than in the UK 50 years ago and it is not anything as socially unacceptable. I have ZERO sympathy

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nowhere did I excuse the behavior. Actions have consequences. Those consequences are just different now than they used to be. Less margin for error. Kids are dumb. The male brain isn't even fully developed until 25. It is just unfortunate what dumb decisions can cost young people.
Sure you did, you did it in this post

"Kids are dumb"
"male brain isn't even fully developed until 25"

Like I said in my reply, it is not socially unacceptable in the US and you are proving that.

The consequences are still less than I grew up with

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
The problem is its an indictment of his disipline

dont want to draft undisiplined fat guy. We did that already with Wendell Bryant
I wouldn’t worry much. If they aren’t self starters I doubt Monti & JG are interested

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Folks.........by now, I would hope that everyone on this board understands that this kid is now OFF our board. He could last to the 7th round, and MOJG will not select him. Carry on.
Well, they are kids.

Nah it’s easier than ever to get a ride home. I’m betting his agent would have paid for it.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
That is lame, I was 18 in UK a very long time ago and we as my buddies and I decided we needed a designated driver.

Nobody told us to, we just wanted to be able to continue to got out in a car to pubs.

The kid is dumb and irresponsible DUI is NO joke and I knew it at 18almost 50 years ago. The trouble is in the US is has always been seen as no big deal, even today. The penalties are way less now in the USA than in the UK 50 years ago and it is not anything as socially unacceptable. I have ZERO sympathy
I feel like you needed to get this out. You are welcome. Also, thanks for being the paragon of virtue that all others need to be judged by.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I had to guess since this happened at 2 PM he was drinking into the wee hours of the morning and then got up to drive and wasn't recovered yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.