OT: 2024 NFL Draft Rumors

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Bears going WR at 9 absolutely make sense, guys. Keenan Allen is turning 32, not 22.

Michael Gallup & Amari Cooper having 1K yard seasons didn’t stop Dallas from drafting CeeDee after the season.
The cowboys had considerably more talent throughout the rest of their team than do the bears. They could better afford to triple down on receiver. Bears don’t have same luxury.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
The cowboys had considerably more talent throughout the rest of their team than do the bears. They could better afford to triple down on receiver. Bears don’t have same luxury.
I think Bears go Edge, DL, or OL with their second pick. They can get a receiver later.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
In 2020? Dallas had bigger needs at DB & EDGE during that offseason.

For the Bears, the only position that’s truly a bigger priority than WR is EDGE. If they believe Latu/Turner/Verse are not worth it, they can absolutely go WR that high, especially with a rookie QB. They’re not a team massively devoid of talent.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Would draft Odunze before Latu, Turner, or Verse, especially with a rookie QB coming in.

Imagine you telling Dallas to pass on CeeDee because "they can draft WR later".

A bunch of teams passed on Ceedee to draft a WR later. That's why he went 17th.

I'm not saying they won't go WR, but I think less likely than trading back as K9 said, and Edge.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We really have to put up with this for another month, huh?
There's a reason Mike Tanenbaum is on ESPN and not a GM any longer. Although I wouldn't totally hate his scenario that will, most likely, never happen.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
fwiw: Jeremiah (iirc) is like the Ron Wolfley for the Chargers -- does media work for the team

interesting on a number of dimensions -- both what the Chargers might do, as well about the team building philosophy that (it seems) Monti is following

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
fwiw: Jeremiah (iirc) is like the Ron Wolfley for the Chargers -- does media work for the team

interesting on a number of dimensions -- both what the Chargers might do, as well about the team building philosophy that (it seems) Monti is following

Well, Wolfley also played for the organization. Did Jeremiah play for the Chargers, too?

Reaction score

Cliff notes for the hearing impaired at work?

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Harbaugh pointed out that the one position that doesnt rely on other positions to be effective is offensive line

all other positions on offense rely on the o-line to be effective for them to be effective.
I slightly disagree. A QB with a trigger arm or twitchy moves in the pocket can make a meh OLine look much better than they are.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
The smoke smells like the QB hungry teams know Monti wants to trade back. My fear he’s more desperate to move down than other teams are to move up for McCarthy or Maye thus losing out on some value. He’s officially a Keim-level stooge if he settles for anything less than 3 first rd picks without a day two pick going back to Minnesota…. Or maybe I’m just driving myself crazy over nothing.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
The smoke smells like the QB hungry teams know Monti wants to trade back. My fear he’s more desperate to move down than other teams are to move up for McCarthy or Maye thus losing out on some value. He’s officially a Keim-level stooge if he settles for anything less than 3 first rd picks without a day two pick going back to Minnesota…. Or maybe I’m just driving myself crazy over nothing.
There is only one Steve Keim.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard