The Official US Soccer thread

jbjarko

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm taking my son (8 yrs old) to his first pro soccer game on Saturday for Austin FC's opener against Kansas City. This will also be my first time seeing Austin FC in person.

Hopefully he enjoys it. Last year I took him to a Round Rock Express game (Texas' minor league team) and he was bored out of his mind.

Aren't they playing MN United?

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Hey - a proper roster almost entirely absent of MLS players! Who put a gun to Gregggg's head?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Hey - a proper roster almost entirely absent of MLS players! Who put a gun to Gregggg's head?
Still missing Pefok but the rest looks pretty good. Aaronson not on there isn't surprising due to form.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Man if I had to do it all over again, I would have pursued soccer living on the border, my Mexican decent friends whenever they had a match and wanted to shut down a Mexican forward, they would come get me to play. I would stick in a guys jersey and never let them receive a pass. A few times I would let them punch me when they got upset, and we would get a free kick or penalty kick. One game that was the difference in a win. Never played in High School even though my buddies told coaches to recruit me. I was stupid, and liked basketball and golf.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
what is the Concacaf Nations League? I see the US is playing Jamaica today at 4 at Cowboys stadium. Will the big names be there for that? Does this game mean anything?

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
what is the Concacaf Nations League? I see the US is playing Jamaica today at 4 at Cowboys stadium. Will the big names be there for that? Does this game mean anything?
I didn't think there is much meaning for the competitive CONCACAF teams beyond the opportunity to play competitive matches against each other outside of a qualifying environment

It aligns with the intentional break, so the big club players will be on the roster and will play (health pending).

It's a good opportunity to start developing some cohesion and vision on unlocking the squad

Teams will want to win, rivalries will get a little testy, CONCACAF refs are going to CONCACAF

The US won the first 2 editions - this should be a good tune up for the summer and a poor result would definitely be considered a failure

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
US has 83% possession and ONE shot on frame!

They need to figure out something at half.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Berhalter takes out Weah and leaves in Tillman, I can’t figure this guy out.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
One of the worst performances I have seen in a long time, full strength US squad versus Jamaica that is missing a few starters, at home no less.

Time of possession is worthless if you have no answers about creating scoring chances.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
And at the dying seconds US scores! Well Jamaica scores for the US…an own goal.