Trade speculation: Justin Jefferson to Arizona Cardinals

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Sounds pretty dumb and when you can just keep your Draft Capitol and grab MHJ or Nabers and have 5 years of cost control to boot. No way in hell.
In fairness to K9, if MHJ is gone a lot of Cards insiders think Monti wont take Nabers anyway. He'd rather go OL.

So its more AD Mitchell or Troy Franklin?

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
In fairness to K9, if MHJ is gone a lot of Cards insiders think Monti wont take Nabers anyway. He'd rather go OL.

So its more AD Mitchell or Troy Franklin?
Cards Insiders? That is too funny. No offense SoonerLou. :)

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah I don't get this. JJ is great, but your looking at two 1sts and $30m a year.

Why do that when you can get MHJ at #4 for less than $10m a year for 4 years and a cheap 5th year option?

Nothing is certain, but he's about as certain as they come.
Because we know Jefferson is a stud at the NFL level, Harrison could bust - and his lack of speed limits his potential impact.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Because we know Jefferson is a stud at the NFL level, Harrison could bust - and his lack of speed limits his potential impact.

MHJ has one of the fastest GPS clocked speeds of any WR in the draft at 21.7mph.

Nobody is certain. Trading for Jefferson isn't certain in a new scheme, new playbook, new verbiage etc. But MHJ is as close to certain as it gets.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
MHJ has one of the fastest GPS clocked speeds of any WR in the draft at 21.7mph.

Nobody is certain. Trading for Jefferson isn't certain in a new scheme, new playbook, new verbiage etc. But MHJ is as close to certain as it gets.
I see what you are saying, but Jefferson just might be the top WR in the game. I wouldn't expect a dropoff (there was no dropoff when AJ Brown or Stefon Diggs switched teams).

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I see what you are saying, but Jefferson just might be the top WR in the game. I wouldn't expect a dropoff (there was no dropoff when AJ Brown or Stefon Diggs switched teams).

I wouldn't expect one either, but it's not 100%. I wouldn't expect MHJ not to be great too, but also not 100%.

Imagine trading all that and paying $30m a year to get Jefferson and drafting Alt at #4. Only for MHJ to go have a 1300 rookie season. We'd look like *********.

Anyway, I think this is bogus. Monti just said he wants to build through the draft.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
You don't think 4 & 27 for Jefferson and 11 gets it done?

I think it would. I'm fine with that deal, but maybe it's a little rich. 27 and next years' #1 (which I'm hoping will be lower than 15 overall with this deal) seems to be the right price considering the salary flexibility they're getting.

Diggs was traded for 22nd overall + 5th, 6th and future 4th. I think Diggs was older though and already had a contract in place?

Boldin was not happy. that impacts things.

Also, Boldin was entering his third contract and 29 when he started making unhappy chirps. Totally different deals.

Versus getting Marvin Harrison Junior on a rookie contract and still having your 27th and first round pick next year?

Hard pass

Nothing is certain, not even Marvin Harrison Jr. I'm confident that MHJ will quickly be a top 15 WR, but I have no idea (and no one can project) if he'll reach the next level. I know that Justin Jefferson can be the best wideout in the NFL.

I think this is mildly overstating it, but I mostly agree. Harrison could bust, but I think the midrange scenario is he's AJ Brown or Stefon Diggs. Like a really good WR but not one of the top 3-5 players in the league for an extended period.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

This is deranged. Obviously Justin Jefferson is more certain to remain a top 10-15 WR in a new scheme than MHJ is -- who has the same uncertainties plus transition to the NFL.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is deranged. Obviously Justin Jefferson is more certain to remain a top 10-15 WR in a new scheme than MHJ is -- who has the same uncertainties plus transition to the NFL.

This.

Plus I don't see any way that the Viking move off from the best WR currently in the NFL and he hasn't even hit his prime yet.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Cards Insiders? That is too funny. No offense SoonerLou. :)
Lol fair. However, the Urban and Calvisi's of the world have put that out there for a while.

I think Harry even said they would lean OL. I guess we'll see.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
This.

Plus I don't see any way that the Viking move off from the best WR currently in the NFL and he hasn't even hit his prime yet.
The arguments for why the Vikes would do this include:

1) They already did it once with a superstar WR in Stefon Diggs
2) They may not be in a position to maximize Jefferson's on-field value because they'll draft a QB
3) Jefferson may be asking for more money than they can justify + a bigger role in the offense than they want

I don't find these convincing reasons, but I think that's the argument. If they're going to be in the QB wilderness for the next three years, do they want to spend $90 million on Jefferson if he's maybe going to cry in the press about getting some good cardio on days when he gets five targets with three receptions for 62 yards and 0 TDs.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just dumb nope nope nope…. No need to give up that capitol with the WR talent in this draft…. Especially all the people chiming for it are the ones pretty much saying for the last two months MHJ is gonna be a star with little concern ….

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Jefferson spent time with Klint Kubiak/Gary Kubiak. Who were in Minnesota with Petzing. So its not totally foreign to him.

Hey we could finally see Hopkins/Lamb the supercharged version with Jefferson & MHJ :)

Realistically we'd be lucky to just get MHJ. Monti, reportedly, just doesnt value wr that highly.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Like Ja'Marr Chase? Puka Nakua? AJ Green, Julio Jones, OBJ, Justin Jefferson himself?

If MHJ is the generational talent his supposed to be then the difference between him and Jefferson will be minimal. Maybe not in year one but certainly over the contract.

Why would anyone want to pay $30m+ for the sure thing when they can get the next to sure thing for sub $10m?

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like Ja'Marr Chase? Puka Nakua? AJ Green, Julio Jones, OBJ, Justin Jefferson himself?

If MHJ is the generational talent his supposed to be then the difference between him and Jefferson will be minimal. Maybe not in year one but certainly over the contract.

Why would anyone want to pay $30m+ for the sure thing when they can get the next to sure thing for sub $10m?
Facts

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The arguments for why the Vikes would do this include:

1) They already did it once with a superstar WR in Stefon Diggs
2) They may not be in a position to maximize Jefferson's on-field value because they'll draft a QB
3) Jefferson may be asking for more money than they can justify + a bigger role in the offense than they want

I don't find these convincing reasons, but I think that's the argument. If they're going to be in the QB wilderness for the next three years, do they want to spend $90 million on Jefferson if he's maybe going to cry in the press about getting some good cardio on days when he gets five targets with three receptions for 62 yards and 0 TDs.
Isn't the key to this is Krk Cousins? I recall reading something that Jefferson really likes playing with Cousins and if he is not re-signed may ask to be traded.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just dumb nope nope nope…. No need to give up that capitol with the WR talent in this draft…. Especially all the people chiming for it are the ones pretty much saying for the last two months MHJ is gonna be a star with little concern ….

Right? The same people on here touting this idea (which is complete nonsense and a waste of air) have been saying how we must draft one of the awesome wide receivers for weeks.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison