Suns updates and discussion for the 2022-23 season

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris Paul is day-to-day. Cam Johnson is still checking boxes, but he is not involved in full contact drills.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here are some 10 day contract candidates the Suns might consider.

See link below:

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jeremy Lamb or Sharife Cooper, maybe. But I'll pass on Carmelo. Can't see how he'd help us despite our needs at the 4 spot.

I'm ready to see someone new. Sharife Cooper seems worth a look.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Can we at least get a 10 day guy in.
Right? We now only have one guy who can be called a “point guard” in Washington. And he’s an end of the bench guy. And we don’t bring in anyone? Just really weird to me. Shamet ain’t a point. Not even close.

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
Right? We now only have one guy who can be called a “point guard” in Washington. And he’s an end of the bench guy. And we don’t bring in anyone? Just really weird to me. Shamet ain’t a point. Not even close.
We have so many issues. Are you getting pumped for the play in game?!

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

I just think Ayton deserves some slack, sure he needs someone to feed him, but right now he's our only legit threat on the court. Is he still underperforming? Yes.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

I just think Ayton deserves some slack, sure he needs someone to feed him, but right now he's our only legit threat on the court. Is he still underperforming? Yes.
Meh. I think Monty deserves some of the blame but he is not responsible for injuries. He is not responsible for the complete inaction by James Jones to bring in another piece because he thought the team was fine the last two seasons.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Might want to add the transition of ownership to the above list.

Suns need to make moves, but it's hard to place the blame on one person.

Injuries have decimated the team, but they were shorthanded before that.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I like this here "Neither DA nor Mikal Bridges has grabbed hold of the available leadership opportunity in this void"

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I really believe ownership has nothing to do with no moves being made.

James Jones has said as much, and I really don't think he would be one to lie about it. He is just very picky about what trades he is willing to make - which I actually appreciate.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

James Jones has said that the ownership situation has not had a hinderance on him making trades. I have to believe it's true. James might not tell everyone everything, but I have yet to see him flat out lie so I believe it. Hence....I place most of the blame on James Jones at this point not making the needed moves the last two seasons.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So after that game last night, I think I might be ready to say it's time to tank.

This team even when healthy is not going to win it all with just Book as our offensive catalyst, we need at least one other guy and at this point I don't think we are going to get such a person. I thought that person could be Ayton, but it isn't going to happen this year, and maybe it never will.

Even a 2% chance at Wembenyama is probably better than sneaking into the play in. It's pretty depressing, but it is what it is.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So after that game last night, I think I might be ready to say it's time to tank.

This team even when healthy is not going to win it all with just Book as our offensive catalyst, we need at least one other guy and at this point I don't think we are going to get such a person. I thought that person could be Ayton, but it isn't going to happen this year, and maybe it never will.

Even a 2% chance at Wembenyama is probably better than sneaking into the play in. It's pretty depressing, but it is what it is.
I am not there yet. I will let you know after the trade deadline although it's not looking good for this season.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I like this here "Neither DA nor Mikal Bridges has grabbed hold of the available leadership opportunity in this void"

IMO Monty is killing both DA and Bridges.

We have DA and how do we use him? Same as if Paul was in his prime. Monty uses DA as a screen setter to free up guards. When it’s Chris Paul and Booker I get running DA to the 3 point line to set screens, but when it’s Landry Shamet and Washington. Why are you using your most talented player to free up guys at the end of the bench?

It’s the same damn offense!!! Monty just cannot adjust. He just refuses to make adjustments.

As far as Bridges goes Monty needs to sit him down you can tell he’s not right. Sit down get some rest for the stretch run when everybody is healthy

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

We have DA and how do we use him? Same as if Paul was in his prime. Monty uses DA as a screen setter to free up guards. When it’s Chris Paul and Booker I get running DA to the 3 point line to set screens, but when it’s Landry Shamet and Washington. Why are you using your most talented player to free up guys at the end of the bench?

It’s the same damn offense!!! Monty just cannot adjust. He just refuses to make adjustments.

As far as Bridges goes Monty needs to sit him down you can tell he’s not right. Sit down get some rest for the stretch run when everybody is healthy
I've never been the big Monty fan that many were here but I appreciated what he did for the organization and I don't believe he's much to blame for the mess we're in. But I do believe there's some truth to what you're saying (I just don't think it would make much difference given who we're missing). I don't know about Mikal but I'm convinced Monty is the wrong coach for DA.

People think Monty is a great people's coach and that he's too soft on them. I think it's the opposite. I'm sure he cares about these guys but I also believe he is one of the most stubborn people in the game. He's allowed CP3 some leeway and probably had to give Devin some room but he's iron fisted with everyone else in how he uses them and how he interacts with them.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I really believe ownership has nothing to do with no moves being made.

James Jones has said as much, and I really don't think he would be one to lie about it. He is just very picky about what trades he is willing to make - which I actually appreciate.

I appreciate it to a point but we're 2 season in now and it's time to make a move. I get not doing anything big after the finals loss, small tweaks were fine if you believed in the core. He made fewer moves after being embarrassed by Dallas last postseason though and that doesn't make sense. He's shown everyone he's not a pushover but he went from smart and savvy to stubbornly overvaluing his own players. It's not like it's too early to label him that way either since he hasn't made a noteworthy positive move since he signed McGee 2 summers ago.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

You’re 100% right on both counts. The fact we didn’t become an inside out offense with neither book nor Paul available is just coaching malpractice.