CFB & Prospect Discussion Thread:

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
If we miss out on the two defenders I might draft Quentin Johnson and trade hop.
I am not normally a draft a WR in the top 10 guy, but I wouldn't hate it. Hell, you could make the same argument with Brown.

Frees up a ton of money. Gets younger. Adds a WR with size. Gets you an additional draft pick. Obviously upgrading the lines is a huge need and this doesn't do that, but I don't hate it.

CT CARDSFAN

Veteran
Reaction score
Cardinal's 2nd round pick: Siaki Ika, 6'3" 340

Evaluation:​

It is hard to find a player who moves as well as Ika does for his size. He has really good change of direction and athleticism that is evident on film. Ika’s change of direction allows him to make plays upfield and his motor is pretty impressive too. There were a number of plays where he was able to make an impact after the play broke down. The natural power and upper body strength Ika possesses made him really hard to move. He’ll be able to take on double teams at the next level and eat up space. If he is able to continue to improve his lower body strength, interior offensive lineman will struggle to move him off his spot in the NFL. On film, Ika plays with his pad level too high. At times he’d stand straight up as soon as the ball was snapped, limiting his overall power. He has the play strength to bull rush offensive lineman and penetrate the pocket but Ika’s high pad level prevents him from doing that. There is a lack of length that shows up on film. It prevents Ika from making tackles to either side of him and his ability to drive lineman backward. Ika doesn’t possess a quick first step or pass rush moves, which prevents him from being much of a pass rusher. As of now, Ika’s lack of pass rush ability will make him a two down player. It could be advantageous for Ika to lose weight, as it would help his quickness, while not hurting his ability as a run defender. He doesn’t have the talent or upside to be a Jordan Davis kind of player but Ika should be a starting nose tackle in the NFL for a long time, as long as he takes that next step in his senior season. If not, Ika will still be a solid rotational player.

You must be registered for see images attach

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The SI Fan Nation mock has us taking Tyree Wilson from Texas Tech at #4. Here's the link:

He's a guy on my radar, but more of a trade down to the late single digit picks. If we see the Cardinals draft at #4 and one of the QBs are gone, I could see #4 being a valuable trade up spot to get additional picks. The Cardinals should ask for a future first and likely an additional 3rd to move down. I'd really only consider moving down to about #8, and anything further would require 4-5 picks.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

It is hard to find a player who moves as well as Ika does for his size. He has really good change of direction and athleticism that is evident on film. Ika’s change of direction allows him to make plays upfield and his motor is pretty impressive too. There were a number of plays where he was able to make an impact after the play broke down. The natural power and upper body strength Ika possesses made him really hard to move. He’ll be able to take on double teams at the next level and eat up space. If he is able to continue to improve his lower body strength, interior offensive lineman will struggle to move him off his spot in the NFL. On film, Ika plays with his pad level too high. At times he’d stand straight up as soon as the ball was snapped, limiting his overall power. He has the play strength to bull rush offensive lineman and penetrate the pocket but Ika’s high pad level prevents him from doing that. There is a lack of length that shows up on film. It prevents Ika from making tackles to either side of him and his ability to drive lineman backward. Ika doesn’t possess a quick first step or pass rush moves, which prevents him from being much of a pass rusher. As of now, Ika’s lack of pass rush ability will make him a two down player. It could be advantageous for Ika to lose weight, as it would help his quickness, while not hurting his ability as a run defender. He doesn’t have the talent or upside to be a Jordan Davis kind of player but Ika should be a starting nose tackle in the NFL for a long time, as long as he takes that next step in his senior season. If not, Ika will still be a solid rotational player.

Not really excited about using a high 2nd rounder on a two down player. You can find plenty of useful two down players later. No thanks.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Not really excited about using a high 2nd rounder on a two down player. You can find plenty of useful two down players later. No thanks.
Keep in mind the difference in snaps in college games vs pro games. I think this is less of an issue than people are making it.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Is Johnston from TCU a first-round prospect? I knew nothing about him prior to the game the other night but I'd be lying if I didn't all of a sudden become enamored with the idea of him running State Farm sidelines for TD's as he did in that game.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Is Johnston from TCU a first-round prospect? I knew nothing about him prior to the game the other night but I'd be lying if I didn't all of a sudden become enamored with the idea of him running State Farm sidelines for TD's as he did in that game.
He's probably 8-15 range first round. Big, tall, and fast.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Caleb Williams is ridiculous. Can't wait until he is out of the PAC12.

He's really good but he also reminds me a great deal of Kyler. Alot of the stuff he does in the pocket, backing up, running away etc it works in college, but is really hard to get away with in the NFL as Kyler has discovered. But he's taller than Kyler, has a comparable arm I think he's better than any of the QB's in this draft. But if he had Bryce Young's mechanics and feel I think he'd be amazing. Young is so well coached but he's limited because he's so skinny and his arm is only pretty good.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I would hate a CB in the top 5. Ringo couldn't cover Harrison and he's supposedly the best available.

Murphy, prior to the injury, was playing as well as any CB in the league and Wilson took a big step forward this year.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would hate a CB in the top 5. Ringo couldn't cover Harrison and he's supposedly the best available.

Murphy, prior to the injury, was playing as well as any CB in the league and Wilson took a big step forward this year.

yeah Ringo showed he's pretty raw in that game. Freak athlete will eventually likely be very good but picking that high I'd rather get a more polished guy or move down. I love Ringo and the problem was how much time Stroud was getting, but yeah he could not stay with Harrison that was obvious

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Especially as CB is a deep group. There will be some good corners around later. I like Emmanuel Forbes and Julius Brents. Not really anyone worth a high top 10 pick.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

So bigger leki Fotu.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
PFN is now projecting a Cards’ trade down to the Lions with the Cards getting 2 firsts and taking Murphy & Bresee. I can‘t imagine Bresee lasting until the Lions’ second, but I like the trade. The Cards would undoubtedly be giving at least a pick back to the Lions though depending on how many teams compete for the Cards‘ pick, they may get a significant overpay.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
PFN is now projecting a Cards’ trade down to the Lions with the Cards getting 2 firsts and taking Murphy & Bresee. I can‘t imagine Bresee lasting until the Lions’ second, but I like the trade. The Cards would undoubtedly be giving at least a pick back to the Lions though depending on how many teams compete for the Cards‘ pick, they may get a significant overpay.
If it worked out with the Cardinals adding TWO front seven impact players, I'd consider a trade down.