CFB & Prospect Discussion Thread:

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
My thoughts on CFP and ARZ draft prospects:
1. Will Anderson Jr. is obvious #1 on their / our wish list.
2. Kelee Ringo is best CB in draft, he is going to be going up against guys like Marvin Harrison Jr in NFL so he is definitely going to have to get better.
3. Paris Johnson Jr, worried UGA defense is an indication on how he'll fare against NFL defenses. Is he more suited to play OG or RT rather than LT?
4. Myles Murphy is intriguing, not outstanding stats in college despite his lofty expectations coming into CLEM.
5. Brian Barese would solve a lot of our IDL issues but he might return to CLEM.
6. Jalen Carter definitely has potential, can he dominate in NFL like he has this year in college? Will he have a rebound game against TCU in BCS title game?

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
He's a freaky athlete and has great size. I agree he's a high first. I don't like the OL's as high as we're picking and Bresee's knee scares me a bit off him so unless we can get Carter I'm kind of figuring move down or pick a CB like Ringo.
I’m not scared off by Bresse’s ACL tear. While football is the sport with the highest recurrence rate, it’s still only 10%.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m not scared off by Bresse’s ACL tear. While football is the sport with the highest recurrence rate, it’s still only 10%.

The thing with him is he's got a "weird" body type, he's built like a box he's very thick and he just strikes me as not being very flexible which concerns me that he might get hurt again.

But he actually played better in his bowl game than Carter did in his. I still vastly prefer Carter

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
The thing with him is he's got a "weird" body type, he's built like a box he's very thick and he just strikes me as not being very flexible which concerns me that he might get hurt again.

But he actually played better in his bowl game than Carter did in his. I still vastly prefer Carter
I prefer Carter as well. He’s the rare DT that can penetrate and be effective against the run. With NFL DTs the fear is they get frustrated if double-teamed by NFL players. The also get beaten up every game. Bresee is about as good as an anchor but no one penetrates like Carter. Another kid to keep an eye on is DT Ika from Baylor. He’s not in the same league as these 2, but he’s good and should be sound for a long time. If they can keep Allen and Ledbetter continues to improve adding one of these guys would make a good line. I thin Sanders & Thomas both move forward next year, so things are looking decent.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Cards can now pick no lower than 5 even if they win. If they hope to trade down they need to stay ahead of Indy to max their return.
That’s terrific news. For an insane second today I thought Denver might pull off the impossible.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Cards can now pick no lower than 5 even if they win. If they hope to trade down they need to stay ahead of Indy to max their return.

No lower than 6. Rams (Detroit) can tie us and they have an easier strength of schedule so they would pick ahead of us.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Max Duggan = which nfl older QB does he remind you of? I have one in particular in mind.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I prefer Carter as well. He’s the rare DT that can penetrate and be effective against the run. With NFL DTs the fear is they get frustrated if double-teamed by NFL players. The also get beaten up every game. Bresee is about as good as an anchor but no one penetrates like Carter. Another kid to keep an eye on is DT Ika from Baylor. He’s not in the same league as these 2, but he’s good and should be sound for a long time. If they can keep Allen and Ledbetter continues to improve adding one of these guys would make a good line. I thin Sanders & Thomas both move forward next year, so things are looking decent.
I have actually been pleased by Trysten Hill when he played, better than Fotu in my opinion

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
My thoughts on CFP and ARZ draft prospects:
1. Will Anderson Jr. is obvious #1 on their / our wish list.
2. Kelee Ringo is best CB in draft, he is going to be going up against guys like Marvin Harrison Jr in NFL so he is definitely going to have to get better.
3. Paris Johnson Jr, worried UGA defense is an indication on how he'll fare against NFL defenses. Is he more suited to play OG or RT rather than LT?
4. Myles Murphy is intriguing, not outstanding stats in college despite his lofty expectations coming into CLEM.
5. Brian Barese would solve a lot of our IDL issues but he might return to CLEM.
6. Jalen Carter definitely has potential, can he dominate in NFL like he has this year in college? Will he have a rebound game against TCU in BCS title game?
I like him too, but the draft is never obvious... especially with the Cardinals

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
In my madden franchise I usually always take Ringo cards def need corners how would he fit?

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
In my madden franchise I usually always take Ringo cards def need corners how would he fit?
I wouldn't unless you think "Octopus Garden" and "Yellow Submarine" topples the efforts of the other Beatles, seriously though, our corners have not played half bad at all and it's our DL which is severely lacking, and it is even more credit to our current secondary with the play of the DL not helping any

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Did you watch the Tulane/USC game and the Tulane RB, Tyjae Spears. 205 yds on 17 attempts and 4 tds. Maybe his best stat in his 4 year career - he didn't fumble once in 4 years. I don't mean 0 lost fumbles, I mean 0 fumbles period, that's with 2600 yds, 27 TDs, 47 receptions in his career there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard