CFB & Prospect Discussion Thread:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
So bigger leki Fotu.
That stood out to me as well.

If you watch Fotu, his biggest problem is disengaging from blocks and grabbing the ball carrier. So many times, you'll watch him get good initial push, and then see the running back run right through a gap near him without Fotu even noticing. Zero instincts.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Meh. Ika was recruited to LSU so his recruiting profile was much higher. I believe he is more capable of being the player we wanted Fotu to be.
High second rounder value we wanted fotu to be drafting him in fourth? Not snarky, just asking your opinion.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
High second rounder value we wanted fotu to be drafting him in fourth? Not snarky, just asking your opinion.
People were hoping Fotu would be a 70% of Vita Vea as a 4th round pick. There is an argument that Ika is more of that player and is a 2nd rounder because of it.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Where Ika has value for the Cardinals (the NT position in general) is that we are a fairly run heavy division. The best ways to beat the Rams, Seahawks and 49ers is to play a base defense which can stop the run without having to commit safeties. That said, sometimes you can find quality NTs in free agency.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where Ika has value for the Cardinals (the NT position in general) is that we are a fairly run heavy division. The best ways to beat the Rams, Seahawks and 49ers is to play a base defense which can stop the run without having to commit safeties. That said, sometimes you can find quality NTs in free agency.
They definitely don't come around too often. I can't remember many.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
With the growing habit of dlmen raising up to bat down passes rather than often all out rushing, 6-foot-6 and 275 pounds, Tyree Wilson from Tex Tech would be a good fit for Cards if Anderson is taken.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
With the growing habit of dlmen raising up to bat down passes rather than often all out rushing, 6-foot-6 and 275 pounds, Tyree Wilson from Tex Tech would be a good fit for Cards if Anderson is taken.
He’s a little slow and not extremely agile. Still DL is thin so figure he goes mid to late first.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
this x100. My only objection is the use of "fairly". All three offenses are predicated on being able to run the ball first.

why does the Cardinal defense get beaten so badly by waggles, boots, backside runs, etc? Because they try to make up for poor DLine play by getting bodies to the ball.

I like Ika as a prospect because (per reports) -- he does have middle pass rush push. I think he is more than a 2 down player.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A lower round guy I like, probably in the 3rd, is Mike Morris from Michigan.

Has been playing mainly Edge at 6'6" and 295lbs and has 7.5 sacks despite missing a couple of games. Only really played the one year and at 21 he's not yet declared (and may not as he may go much higher next year). But I really like him to move inside to DE in a 3 man front but you could really move him around depending on your alignment. Has good size and nice speed for a dude that big.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Jared Verse, Edge rusher from FSU, is staying in school. Was a potential first rounder. One less guy in a trade down situation/who could be there in second round.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jared Verse, Edge rusher from FSU, is staying in school. Was a potential first rounder. One less guy in a trade down situation/who could be there in second round.
Tbh, he was never falling to the second round.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
A lower round guy I like, probably in the 3rd, is Mike Morris from Michigan.

Has been playing mainly Edge at 6'6" and 295lbs and has 7.5 sacks despite missing a couple of games. Only really played the one year and at 21 he's not yet declared (and may not as he may go much higher next year). But I really like him to move inside to DE in a 3 man front but you could really move him around depending on your alignment. Has good size and nice speed for a dude that big.

This is a very good suggestion. He’s a versatile DL who can penetrate. He needs to learn better leverage, but he’s trainable. He has a good motor and would make a solid rotation player.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I'm really surprised at that. He's getting 1st round talk and that might be as good as it ever gets for him.

A lot of these guys who stay thinking that they will go top 5 next year end up dropping.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a very good suggestion. He’s a versatile DL who can penetrate. He needs to learn better leverage, but he’s trainable. He has a good motor and would make a solid rotation player.
He could be. So could Cam Thomas.

Personally, I am tired of seeing us address the Dline with mid to late draft picks. And going cheap on those positions in free agency. Signing old vets past their heyday. I loved having JJ Watt for 2 years but he was exactly that kind of signing.

How many more years do we need to see teams jamming the ball down the throat of our bunch of "he's a good value" players before we step up and go big on the Dline?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard