CFB & Prospect Discussion Thread:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He could be. So could Cam Thomas.

Personally, I am tired of seeing us address the Dline with mid to late draft picks. And going cheap on those positions in free agency. Signing old vets past their heyday. I loved having JJ Watt for 2 years but he was exactly that kind of signing.

How many more years do we need to see teams jamming the ball down the throat of our bunch of "he's a good value" players before we step up and go big on the Dline?

If Mike Morris stays in school and has a similar year to this year he's likely going round 1. Which is why he may well do.

You'd get him "cheap" because of a strong edge class this year and he's only started a year.

If Michigan move him inside he's he'd go much higher next year.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
He could be. So could Cam Thomas.

Personally, I am tired of seeing us address the Dline with mid to late draft picks. And going cheap on those positions in free agency. Signing old vets past their heyday. I loved having JJ Watt for 2 years but he was exactly that kind of signing.

How many more years do we need to see teams jamming the ball down the throat of our bunch of "he's a good value" players before we step up and go big on the Dline?
I don’t think we‘re saying not to take a DL early. The point is if the Cards trade down they could have multiple picks in a few rounds. Grabbing guys like this who could develop into quality players is how you build the depth the Cards lack. It also provides stability when players exit.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t think we‘re saying not to take a DL early. The point is if the Cards trade down they could have multiple picks in a few rounds. Grabbing guys like this who could develop into quality players is how you build the depth the Cards lack. It also provides stability when players exit.
Totally agree with the trade down. The only guy I would draft with our 1st pick is Anderson.

Harry

Reaction score
Cardinal's 2nd round pick: Siaki Ika, 6'3" 340

Evaluation:​

It is hard to find a player who moves as well as Ika does for his size. He has really good change of direction and athleticism that is evident on film. Ika’s change of direction allows him to make plays upfield and his motor is pretty impressive too. There were a number of plays where he was able to make an impact after the play broke down. The natural power and upper body strength Ika possesses made him really hard to move. He’ll be able to take on double teams at the next level and eat up space. If he is able to continue to improve his lower body strength, interior offensive lineman will struggle to move him off his spot in the NFL. On film, Ika plays with his pad level too high. At times he’d stand straight up as soon as the ball was snapped, limiting his overall power. He has the play strength to bull rush offensive lineman and penetrate the pocket but Ika’s high pad level prevents him from doing that. There is a lack of length that shows up on film. It prevents Ika from making tackles to either side of him and his ability to drive lineman backward. Ika doesn’t possess a quick first step or pass rush moves, which prevents him from being much of a pass rusher. As of now, Ika’s lack of pass rush ability will make him a two down player. It could be advantageous for Ika to lose weight, as it would help his quickness, while not hurting his ability as a run defender. He doesn’t have the talent or upside to be a Jordan Davis kind of player but Ika should be a starting nose tackle in the NFL for a long time, as long as he takes that next step in his senior season. If not, Ika will still be a solid rotational player.

You must be registered for see images attach
This guy is the real deal when it comes to an anchor tackle. He could well be there for pick 35. If the Cards go Anderson in round 1, he’s certainly a consideration. The difference between him and Carter is that Carter can both anchor and penetrate. Ika lacks some of the athleticism necessary to become a penetrator. He’s likely a rotational player coming out on passing downs. Despite comments on the board, Carter would only come out for a brief rest.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Its a Quinnen Williams Chris Jones kind of player?
His stats are not so impressive
Three years, 18 tackles for loss, 6 sacks
I mean if this is the kind of production he brings to the NFL it really makes him a top 3 selection?
Every year there is a lot of infatuation toward some high rated defensive linemen and in the end very few match expectations

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Its a Quinnen Williams Chris Jones kind of player?
His stats are not so impressive
Three years, 18 tackles for loss, 6 sacks
I mean if this is the kind of production he brings to the NFL it really makes him a top 3 selection?
Every year there is a lot of infatuation toward some high rated defensive linemen and in the end very few match expectations

He played very few snaps due to depth and rotation. Which is a concern in itself.

His whole college career stats equate to about a normal college seasons worth.

But it is a concern at #3. Would be peak Cards for us to draft him and he's Glenn Dorsey.

Last edited:

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He plated very few snaps due to depth and rotation. Which is a concern in itself.

His whole college career stats equate to about a normal college seasons worth.

But it is a concern at #3. Would be peak Cards for us to draft him and he's Glenn Dorsey.
He must have a really good agent

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
This guy is the real deal when it comes to an anchor tackle. He could well be there for pick 35. If the Cards go Anderson in round 1, he’s certainly a consideration. The difference between him and Carter is that Carter can both anchor and penetrate. Ika lacks some of the athleticism necessary to become a penetrator. He’s likely a rotational player coming out on passing downs. Despite comments on the board, Carter would only come out for a brief rest.
By penetrator, if you mean getting to the QB, I wouldn't have a problem with Ika not being good at that. I would be fine if he only could develop to just push the inner pocket back a bit to where the QB can't step up to follow thru on his throws. Now if you mean by penetrator that he is not even good at that, then that limits him even more. I do like him though and have thought he would be the best pick for any R2 team looking for a DT.

Harry

Reaction score
By penetrator, if you mean getting to the QB, I wouldn't have a problem with Ika not being good at that. I would be fine if he only could develop to just push the inner pocket back a bit to where the QB can't step up to follow thru on his throws. Now if you mean by penetrator that he is not even good at that, then that limits him even more. I do like him though and have thought he would be the best pick for any R2 team looking for a DT.
He can sometimes collapse a pocket, he’s just come across as much stronger anchoring. He’s not invisible in the passing game but he won’t get you sacks or even hurries very often. He is, however, a high effort player.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He can sometimes collapse a pocket, he’s just come across as much stronger anchoring. He’s not invisible in the passing game but he won’t get you sacks or even hurries very often. He is, however, a high effort player.

I think Ika has great lateral movement for such a big guy. He's much better at beating guys than most space eaters.

I think Ika goes higher than people think. I can see him going 18-28 range.

Not many 350lb guys can move like this

Last edited:

Harry

Reaction score
I think Ika has great lateral movement for such a big guy. He's much better at beating guys than most space eaters.

I think Ika goes higher than people think. I can see him going 18-28 range.

Not many 350lb guys can move like this

You certainly could be right, especially if he works out well. Good DTs are hard to find.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard