Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You’ll have to use a #1 to get him as he’s likely first CB off the board.

He's a freaky athlete and has great size. I agree he's a high first. I don't like the OL's as high as we're picking and Bresee's knee scares me a bit off him so unless we can get Carter I'm kind of figuring move down or pick a CB like Ringo.

OP
OP
GatorAZ

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
He's really good but the hype this year is pretty crazy. There's a bunch of guys comparing Bresee to JJ Watt now and Carter as the best DT prospect ever today. Carter has a chance to be really good but best DT prospect ever not sure
Probably because you rarely see dominant white DT’s lol.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never seen Stroud look this good the knock on him is he needs a clean pocket and he's doing it against a pass rush. You can't expect a CB to cover Harrison 1 on 1 for that long

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Paris Johnson gives up a sack

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
He's really good but the hype this year is pretty crazy. There's a bunch of guys comparing Bresee to JJ Watt now and Carter as the best DT prospect ever today. Carter has a chance to be really good but best DT prospect ever not sure

Agreed. Jalen Carter is not the best DT prospect of all time by any stretch of the imagination. Maybe the best DT prospect since Quinnen Williams…

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Stroud putting together a nice draft package for the cards to trade down. What a game so far.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stroud making himself some money. Ringo not impressing but to be fair with this much time to throw nobody is going to cover Harrison Jr etc.

Pretty surprising to me I expected Georgia to win easily. Bennett has not been good at all

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man what a game from Stroud although that last run the OL literally tackled Carter.

What a great game

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man what a game from Stroud although that last run the OL literally tackled Carter.

What a great game
He didn’t tackle him, he pancaked his ass.

I saw nothing tonight to make me think that kid is the best DT prospect ever. Not even close.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Wasn’t impressed with Carter AT ALL! And that last kick brought back memories of Racker’s kick against the Packers that could have won the game in regulation. Luckily, we still managed to win.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Wasn’t impressed with Carter AT ALL! And that last kick brought back memories of Racker’s kick against the Packers that could have won the game in regulation. Luckily, we still managed to win.
I'm with you. But I also came away from Myles Garrett's final bowl game thinking he was overrated.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Jalen Carter didnt make an impact -- curious if Nolan Smith being out (GA's edge rusher, and a top 15 pick kinda guy) impacted that

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He didn’t tackle him, he pancaked his ass.

I saw nothing tonight to make me think that kid is the best DT prospect ever. Not even close.

He tackled him from behind and then fell on top of him it's real obvious on the replay.

You must be registered for see images attach

Carter had a terrible game IMO. This is the problem with the delay in the bowl games you get situations where some kids just don't look like they're in game shape

Last edited:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
[

Not so young. He's only 2 months younger than Kyler.

Bennett would be 26 as a rookie.

COlt is like 10 years older was my point. That's who he reminds me of but he's shorter than Colt.

His postgame interview was one of the great postgame interviews I've ever seen. Dude was hilarious she kept asking for some great revelation from him and he kept saying i don't know how we won, I don't know what happened. This is awesome etc. So refreshing to see a kid who worked his way up from a walkon to that level of success clearly living in the moment

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jalen Carter didnt make an impact -- curious if Nolan Smith being out (GA's edge rusher, and a top 15 pick kinda guy) impacted that

He got into the pocket multiple times in the game but Stroud ran away from him repeatedly. He was visibly exhausted during the game multiple times. THat's the issue with the long delay before these games sometimes kids just get out of shape to me that looked to be the case with Carter.

Still love the kid but yeah he was not very good last night. I will say my opinion of Ringo fell quite a bit, great athlete but seeing him against an elite Wr really showed how raw he still is.

The 2 best players in the game by far IMO were Harrison Jr and Stroud. The knock on Stroud all along was he's throwing from a clean pocket to wide open WR's, he doesn't run etc. He showed last night he could run. They did say at one point something like 80% of his completions were to wide open receivers but he was impressive throwing on the , move. I still don't want us to pick him but I think he answered lots of critics last night going into the pre draft stuff.

Paris Johnson had a mixed bag to me, gave up 2 sacks, had a lot of trouble with smaller speed rushers. But had some impressive blocks, that one TD run where the kid ran into a guy in the hole and still powered in, he got in largely because Johnson pushed the pile forward and allowed the RB to keep his legs driving forward. I'm still not overly high on him but he had some impressive moments.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
He got into the pocket multiple times in the game but Stroud ran away from him repeatedly. He was visibly exhausted during the game multiple times. THat's the issue with the long delay before these games sometimes kids just get out of shape to me that looked to be the case with Carter.

Still love the kid but yeah he was not very good last night. I will say my opinion of Ringo fell quite a bit, great athlete but seeing him against an elite Wr really showed how raw he still is.

The 2 best players in the game by far IMO were Harrison Jr and Stroud. The knock on Stroud all along was he's throwing from a clean pocket to wide open WR's, he doesn't run etc. He showed last night he could run. They did say at one point something like 80% of his completions were to wide open receivers but he was impressive throwing on the , move. I still don't want us to pick him but I think he answered lots of critics last night going into the pre draft stuff.

Paris Johnson had a mixed bag to me, gave up 2 sacks, had a lot of trouble with smaller speed rushers. But had some impressive blocks, that one TD run where the kid ran into a guy in the hole and still powered in, he got in largely because Johnson pushed the pile forward and allowed the RB to keep his legs driving forward. I'm still not overly high on him but he had some impressive moments.
Was happy to see stroud succeed because it increases the chance he’s picked before us driving down one of the defenders or makes us a legit trade target if the defenders don’t drop.