Steve Keim taking an indefinite, health-related leave of absence

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You don’t have to believe him. In our years of ASFN together I’ve never seen Mao lie about anything, have you? Maybe there’s a secret vendetta, but absent that who knows?
Beyond the fact that it’s pretty obvious Keim is in rehab again and Mao has been saying all along that he never really got sober and his behavior was getting worse every year.

I mean… lecturing Mao after we pretty much KNOW he was actually right about Keim’s continued self destructive behavior is really crazy at this point.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Without proof this sounds like slander to me. You have yet to provide any proof that you have anything more than opinion on Keim yet you spill your BS like it is fact.
@MaoTosiFanClub has been around forever and has earned the trust of the longtimers on the board. No reason to doubt him, IMHO.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Licht was here for a couple cups of coffee after having spent most of his time in other organizations. If anything, he's a great example of why we should hire from outside.

Jason Licht has a losing record. He's the Keim of Tampa.

The only difference between Keim and Licht is Licht got Brady and Brady didn't get hurt in the playoffs.

There is a weird correlation between GM's sucking with bad HC's and mediocre QB's and not sucking when they have good HC's and good QB's.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Jason Licht has a losing record. He's the Keim of Tampa.

The only difference between Keim and Licht is Licht got Brady and Brady didn't get hurt in the playoffs.

There is a weird correlation between GM's sucking with bad HC's and mediocre QB's and not sucking when they have good HC's and good QB's.
There's also a weird correlation between GMs having sucky personnel because they scout/draft/sign sucky personnel.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
you have insider knowledge of all of their interests and assets?

I know what everyone else knows. That the Bidwill's are not generationally wealthy. They have no major businesses outside the Cards. They are not shipping magnates or grocery chain owners that bought into the Cards.

Their shady grandfather bought the Cards with a handshake for $5000 cash and if not for that the Bidwills would be living down the road from you and working a normal mundane job.

Bill Jr as only ever worked for the the Cardinals. Patrick Bidwill is a former used car dealership owner that seems to do nothing in Miami. Tim Bidwill is a planning lawyer I believe who has also worked for the Cards and Nicole does charity and PR work for the Cards.

The Cardinals give a bunch of very ordinary people access to Senators, Governers, Pop Stars and the great and wealthy of Arizona. Without it they are nobodies.

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
I know what everyone else knows. That the Bidwill's are not generationally wealthy. They have no major businesses outside the Cards. They are not shipping magnates or grocery chain owners that bought into the Cards.

Their shady grandfather bought the Cards with a handshake for $5000 cash and if not for that the Bidwills would be living down the road from you and working a normal mundane job.

Bill Jr as only ever worked for the the Cardinals. Patrick Bidwill is a former used car dealership owner that seems to do nothing in Miami. Tim Bidwill is a planning lawyer I believe who has also worked for the Cards and Nicole does charity and PR work for the Cards.

The Cardinals give a bunch of very ordinary people access to Senators, Governers, Pop Stars and the great and wealthy of Arizona. Without it they are nobodies.
Racetracks

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
With all due respect to ADub and Harris, they are part of the problem. Go outside the organization!
We really don't know that.

For all we know they have had completely opposite opinions on draft picks and have been overruled by Keim.

OP
OP
DVontel

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We can only hope Harris/ADub have a modernized view of competently constructing a football team. Keim constructed this team like he was playing Madden in 2003.

Still, would much rather go outside the organization like everybody else.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I was trying to do a search to see if Adrian Wilson or Quentin Harris have any connection to James Jones (Suns)...didn't find anything, but I did see articles from January of this year, where both were set to be interviewed by the Giants for their open GM position. It could be viewed as minority interviews, but to be compliant the Giants only needed one, not two.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Shady racetracks.
Castigating Charles bidwill for where he got his wealth to buy the cardinals is orettt dumb when you consider that one of the most respected nfl families, the maras, we’re fight promoters and bookies. In fact many of the early owners of nfl teams were questionable characters. It’s why they were willing to try their hand at creating what was at the time an unwanted sports league into an actual success.

That said, reading that Charles bidwill used to skip traveling with the cardinals for their games so he could stay in Chicago to watch the bears tells me all I ever need to know about the building blocks of our ownership.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
We really don't know that.

For all we know they have had completely opposite opinions on draft picks and have been overruled by Keim.
but somehow, while disagreeing with their boss at every turn, they managed to keep getting promoted and moving up into more power within the organization.

must be nice. every boss I disagreed with on a regular basis fired my ass.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
but somehow, while disagreeing with their boss at every turn, they managed to keep getting promoted and moving up into more power within the organization.

must be nice. every boss I disagreed with on a regular basis fired my ass.
It defies logic to believe two guys who have learned at the feet of a terrible GM are part of the solution moving forward and not part of the problem that needs to be replaced.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
It defies logic to believe two guys who have learned at the feet of a terrible GM are part of the solution moving forward and not part of the problem that needs to be replaced.
Have you ever been in the position where you're being groomed to take over for your supervisor/manager or similar and when you finally get the position you implement a plan that's not exactly in line with the previous? I have on more than one occasion. I've also had those who worked under me take over, when I've left a position or been promoted, and totally changed things up. It may happen more than we think.

If you have any ambition and want to make a name for yourself, you don't just keep doing what your predecessor did 100%, no matter how successful they seemed to be.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They may very well take an entirely different approach than our last 2 GM's, but I'm in agreement with you. Can Bidwill really take that risk? Michael can preach to us until he's blue in the face about creating a Super Bowl caliber franchise, but I'm a firm believer in the saying: If you always do what you've always done, you will always get what you've always got. Michael needs to be honest with himself. His family has never had a clue on how to build a consistent winner. It's time to hire SOMEONE who has & get the hell out of the way.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson