Steve Keim taking an indefinite, health-related leave of absence

SteveKeimFan

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Knowing both people involved, it is most likely 90% chance of Keim and 10% Kugler.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wish keim best of luck on getting his life in order alcohol etc he made some good moves and question ones as gm.

Hoping the new gm adub or someone else is more focused on building a winning culture of football in az

Gonna be a intriguing few months bef a signing is announced

Always a fan gooooo cards!!!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Keim’s buyout is probably a quarter of Kliff’s. I expect him to be gone and one of his staff gets promoted.
Nothing like continuing the failing upward trend in this franchise. Sr. did it. Jr. did it. Keim did it. Then, Kliff after him. Kyler came next. Now, I assume either AW or Harris will follow suit.

It’s the SOP of this franchise for over 5 decades.

Last edited:

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bidwill is being presented with the rare opportunity to effect organization-wide change for the better. You don't get many chances like this is life. Let's hope he's smart enough and wise enough to seize the day.
I have very low hopes along these lines. He had that chance last year and double downed across the board. Not many people can admit they were THAT wrong.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I love that Keim will be gone but Kliffy should be also so him "lasting" isn't a good thing lol.
I was saying that’s a negative if we hire a gm within as an outside gm 100% would want their own coach and fire Kliffy based on what they have seen. I hate Kliffy - he is literally the worse coach in the league and it’s not even close.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I would love to go outside the org. Superbowl winning GM Jason Licht came from inside this organization so if we do internally promote there is still hope.
kinda

Licht came to AZ from the Pats (IIRC) -- i think he was only with the Cards for maybe 4 or 5 years

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If present day society has determined that we don’t think the activities should be considered criminal any longer then there’s literally no reason to keep them locked up. Many that were incarcerated for marijuana crimes were selling what we would consider small amounts and got decades of imprisonment for it. Many were doing the only thing they could in desperate times to survive and it’s not even criminal anymore. The whole “don’t do the crime…” soliloquy in regards to these imprisonments sounds an awful lot like a sheltered privileged judgment.
If either sheltered or privileged applied to me, I'd probably be a drinker like most people.

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If Rappaport is claiming “no mistaken identity”, then I’m certain he’s wrong. Because he’s always wrong. Sounds like his “source” is someone within the org who wants this to go away.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Without proof this sounds like slander to me. You have yet to provide any proof that you have anything more than opinion on Keim yet you spill your BS like it is fact.
You don’t have to believe him. In our years of ASFN together I’ve never seen Mao lie about anything, have you? Maybe there’s a secret vendetta, but absent that who knows?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Could you really enforce it if someone went ahead and disabled it though?

There's so many older vehicles on the road that I don't know you could make this really happen unless you made interlock devices mandatory on all vehicles.
Well that’s what you would do. Seatbelts are mandatory. Same thing.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
GM candidate: Sir, Michael Sir, will my title be GM or interim GM as Steve Keim is still GM and on medical leave?

Michael: Great question. We the Cardinals are not big into titles and how does GM-elect title sound until Keim returns?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I would love to go outside the org. Superbowl winning GM Jason Licht came from inside this organization so if we do internally promote there is still hope.
Licht was here for a couple cups of coffee after having spent most of his time in other organizations. If anything, he's a great example of why we should hire from outside.

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
Bidwill will never sell. The Cardinals are their heirloom.

Its the only thing that makes them remotely relevant. Without the Cards they are nobody.
you have insider knowledge of all of their interests and assets?