2024 2nd round pick #35 is traded for #43 plus #79

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
This guy will be a better corner after 1 year than either of the other guys.
sorry, but if he’s that good, a real team would have ponied up some NIL and he would have transferred. Hope I’m wrong but I think we missed out on Newton and a few better CB’s.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sorry, but if he’s that good, a real team would have ponied up some NIL and he would have transferred. Hope I’m wrong but I think we missed out on Newton and a few better CB’s.
If DeJean was that good he would have went in the first round.
It’s all rankings and each teams rankings are always a bit different.

GeorgiaCard88

Veteran
Reaction score
Agree with the others. I'm disappointed with the trade back, we missed some first round talent players, specifically at the position we need and quickly moved off the board. I still think monti gambled and lost.

Hopefully myself and others are wrong.

GimmedaBall

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If DeJean was that good he would have went in the first round.
It’s all rankings and each teams rankings are always a bit different.
With the 23 Offense player picks taken in RD 1, a bunch of RD 1 D talent was pushed into the 2nd RD. There were several D players at the top of RD 2 who, under 'normal' drafts, would have been taken in the 1st.

Wish we had bundled some of the lower picks and made moves into the 2nd and solved at least one of the position groups. Two top CBs, a second DL to pair with our 1st RD pick, etc. We could have kept our 3rd pick that got us the top-rated RB.

I agree with you the rankings are team-dependent. Just wish the Cards would let fans make the picks instead of all the scouts and GM types. Errr. . . . some of the fans . . . well, OK . . . let me make the picks.

Last edited:

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With the 23 Offense player picks taken in RD 1, a bunch of RD 1 D talent was pushed into the 2nd RD. There were several D players at the top of RD 2 who, under 'normal' drafts, would have been taken in the 1st.

Wish we had bundled some of the lower picks and made moves into the 2nd and solved at least one of the position groups. Two top CBs, a second DL to pair with our 1st RD pick, etc. We could have kept our 3rd pick that got us the top-rated RB.

I agree with you the rankings are team-dependent. Just wish the Cards would let fans make the picks instead of all the scouts and GM types. Errr. . . . some of the fans . . . well, OK . . . let me make the picks.
I get it. We read about these players and form our opinions and wish list. However, it’s a bit frustrating reading how dumb we were by selecting player B instead of player A.
Forget the fact that scouts , coaches and the GM has spent countless hours studying, meeting , talking and watching hours of film on these guys. What do they know? lol.
There are only a few posters in here that actually study film or scout players. A majority of us “ study” by reading opinions of media “ experts”.

BulldogCard

Veteran
Reaction score
I didn't like the trade down. They should have kept the #35 spot to draft a player that will play, get a second contract. Instead, classic Cards had to get cute and be the smartest.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get it. We read about these players and form our opinions and wish list. However, it’s a bit frustrating reading how dumb we were by selecting player B instead of player A.
Forget the fact that scouts , coaches and the GM has spent countless hours studying, meeting , talking and watching hours of film on these guys. What do they know? lol.
There are only a few posters in here that actually study film or scout players. A majority of us “ study” by reading opinions of media “ experts”.
Sure. But at least half of these picks, on every team, will not make it in the NFL. That's why we second guess. Because we are about 50% right on who think is good or sucks too.

eastcoastDave

Veteran
Reaction score
If we still get Cooper DeJean or Kool-Aid then I’m good with it. If not, don’t like it.
i’m with you here. I think DeJean or Kool-Aid could have been a Day1 starter, so I’m not excited about this pick. But I’ll have to admit that my knowledge of player development is not my most prized talent. Monti and his staff are likely better at this stuff than I am. Hope Melton is equally as good, if not better, than DeJean or Kool-Aid.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sure. But at least half of these picks, on every team, will not make it in the NFL. That's why we second guess. Because we are about 50% right on who think is good or sucks too.
Correct. That’s why poo pooing our picks at this point is silly. It’s safe to say some of these picks won’t make the team, lol!

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Correct. That’s why poo pooing our picks at this point is silly. It’s safe to say some of these picks won’t make the team, lol!
I do agree. Getting upset is a waste of time. I happen to think Adams is the most likely to not be here when his second season comes around but what do I really know?

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do agree. Getting upset is a waste of time. I happen to think Adams is the most likely to not be here when his second season comes around but what do I really know?
It seems like they got A LOT to move down 5 spots. And they still got Max Melton who many really like.

Good job. Good job.