New coach can help these Cardinals?

Red on White

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Kyler has his issues no doubt but that's not a problem of itself. All players who come into the league would have strengths but also areas they need to improve, corners to be rounded off.

However it seems as though Kyler hasn't really worked through his weaknesses. And it feels like Kliff and the organisation as a whole are enablers.

Who is the catalyst for improvement? There's:
Mechanics
Reading a defense
Nuances of quarterback play
Game preparation

Plus a bunch of stuff he can do unbelievably well at times which sometimes renders the weaknesses meaningless.

Do people within the Cardinals organisation not want to upset him? Tiptoe around things? Or worse do they not know how to improve his game due to lack of knowledge?

There was an odd quote last season talking about how Kyler had developed a really good relationship with Colt McCoy, that Kyler had watched him play football in Texas for years, had admired him, Colt had his respect so he listened to him.

Which was odd because it insinuates that Kyler only listens to certain people or perhaps only certain people feel that they can really talk with Kyler.

Who is delivering the truth bombs? The frank, honest feedback that may not be what he wants to hear but is what he needs.

From Kyler's end who does he seek out to provide this feedback? And to work with him on his flaws? Would hate to think he's surrounded by pals who just pump up his tyres all the time, and anyone who says otherwise is just regarded as a hater

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Perhaps Kliff is stuck in the offense because Kyler won’t put in the necessary work to allow Kliff to open up the offense more?

And I think Kliff should be gone…yesterday
doubtful...after 4 years in, you install the offense in full and if your qb fails, he fails for everyone to see.

multi million dollar jobs are lost over this crap....I would bet when it all boils down...Kliff would rather try with another qb than be sitting home on the couch watching kyler being coached by someone else

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
doubtful...after 4 years in, you install the offense in full and if your qb fails, he fails for everyone to see.

multi million dollar jobs are lost over this crap....I would bet when it all boils down...Kliff would rather try with another qb than be sitting home on the couch watching kyler being coached by someone else
If I were Kliff, and I know this will never happen but, I would start Kyler on Thursday just like normal. If Kyler craps the bed yet again, I would bench him for the next game and allow him to have a mental reset while being on the sidelines. Then I would go back to him.

I am certain Kyler who be pouty and will scrub his social media of all things cardinals because he is a little bitch who refuses to be held accountable but I think that is what I would be seriously considering. And if he acts like I would anticipate him doing, he would be the highest price backup in the league until he pulls his head out of his backside.

The problem is Kliff doesn’t have this in him.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I wonder if Payton would be interested in being the GM in AZ? That alone could fix some of the problems that exist presently.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
But I do have hope Bidwill realizes the reality of the above. You have to give Kyler a different coach to see what he really is.

this is the reality.

I dont beleive the offensive struggles are 100% on Kliff's scheme. We see too many all-22 shots where multiple guys are open. The coaching staff sees those too

Clearly -- Kliff isnt getting through to Kyler for any number of reasons.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Oh my.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I mean we made one if not the worst defense in the league look like the '85 Bears defense. At least the pass rush showed up, 5 sacks yesterday which is the total they had after the first 3 games of this season I believe?

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Kent Somers being Kent Somers after a long time.

i was unhappy about Ammendola for last week -- i thought he showed who he was in KC.

but to keep him for the next week? Malfeasance is a really good word

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Here's what's really fun: the Cards fire Kliff on Friday and make Vance HC. He rallies the team and we play .500 ball the rest of the way.

Then, Vance is a free agent coach at the end of the year!

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
i was unhappy about Ammendola for last week -- i thought he showed who he was in KC.

but to keep him for the next week? Malfeasance is a really good word
There was absolutely no trust in Ammendola Sunday. Think about this the first three missed fourth downs were all inside 44-yard field-goal range. Normally you would trot out your kicker for a FG of that range without question, instead it was decided to go for it on fourth down so you come away with nothing.

Dynomite

Veteran
Reaction score
Ex Cardinals employee reacts to Wolf tweet. Desert is cooling down but seats are warm especially Keim's

what talent does the cardinals have? Honestly. I consider Kyler the most talented person on the offense. He has an aging (but playing well) TE and basically one WR who will be guaranteed to even be in the NFL within the next 3-5 years. I'm not sold on moore and I know everyone loves dortch but hes not guaranteed. Conner is a slow steelers reject and are you hopeful about eno? The o line, I dont even have to comment on. This arizona offense isn't that talented.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There was absolutely no trust in Ammendola Sunday. Think about this the first three missed fourth downs were all inside 44-yard field-goal range. Normally you would trot out your kicker for a FG of that range without question, instead it was decided to go for it on fourth down so you come away with nothing.
And we did so in a game where all Seattle was doing was hit field goals.

It’s not like they were playing the Chiefs and had to go for TDs.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The apple doesn't fall far from the tree at Bidwill orchard, I guess

Hmm this is what a lot of posters were pointing out all off-season and we were repeatedly spat upon for speaking truths. Amazing how being realistic about your team can actually give one foresight.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson