Starting from the top, what are your true feelings about Bidwill, Keim, Kingsbury, and Kyler?

WeBlitz

Rookie
Reaction score
I think this should take place in one whole thread. This could be used as a venting thread.

So tell me, what are your true thoughts on the 4 guys above?

Please don’t just skip one to pinpoint another. Unleash your grievances.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Said all this before

Bidwill - This is just a good time for him. Live a millionaire lifestyle. Hang around with his football bro's playing "ultimate football GM" all day. Slap a few backs, hand out a few attaboys. Go fly the private plane to play golf. Live is wonderful. Could not care less about winning.

Keim - This is trickier. I don't think Keim is as garbage as some make out. Especially in FA & trades. He is garbage at drafting, which is a big problem. But also a lot of GM's have sucky draft histories. He's also, like it or not, been GM for by far the most winning period in Cardinals football. That's not nothing.

But honestly, I find him hard to judge because he's not really the GM. He's the duty manager GM for when Mike isn't around. Hard to know what's on him and what's on Mike.

Kliff - I'm really torn on Kliff. I like him and he works hard AF. There is also a lot I don;t like about his scheme. At the same time, I'm starting to wonder if his scheme is as limited as it is to compensate for Kyler's shortcomings.

The biggest issue, and always has been, is Mike. And that's never going to change.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bidwill seems like a nice enough guy, but he is hiring his brother in law (Keim) to remodel his house, because he replaced a kitchen faucet one time.

Keim needs to go, plain and simple. When you fail over and over again at the most important part of your job, (drafting) there should be no saving it.

Kliff is an enigma. He does a few things really good, but seems to struggle at more. It isn't his fault he got hired as the HC. Anyone in his position would have jumped at the chance to coach an NFL team. He may be over his head.

Kyler is the hardest one to gauge. He reminds me right now of a pitcher that has the yips. He could get it back, but time will tell.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bidwill: I feel Bidwill wants to win, but is "Discount Jerry". He's too involved, but doesn't have the cash flow Jerry does. He need to hire an actual football President

Keim: Slightly below average GM. Does some things well and other badly. Until we get a good GM, we'll have to catch lightening in a bottle to win a Super Bowl.

Kliff: I like him, so I'm probably biased here, but I'd like to see what he can do with a real GM.

Kyler: All the talent in the world anis still young very young, but needs to grow up quote a bit. I think maturity is his biggest issue.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Said all this before

Bidwill - This is just a good time for him. Live a millionaire lifestyle. Hang around with his football bro's playing "ultimate football GM" all day. Slap a few backs, hand out a few attaboys. Go fly the private plane to play golf. Live is wonderful. Could not care less about winning.

Keim - This is trickier. I don't think Keim is as garbage as some make out. Especially in FA & trades. He is garbage at drafting, which is a big problem. But also a lot of GM's have sucky draft histories. He's also, like it or not, been GM for by far the most winning period in Cardinals football. That's not nothing.

But honestly, I find him hard to judge because he's not really the GM. He's the duty manager GM for when Mike isn't around. Hard to know what's on him and what's on Mike.

Kliff - I'm really torn on Kliff. I like him and he works hard AF. There is also a lot I don;t like about his scheme. At the same time, I'm starting to wonder if his scheme is as limited as it is to compensate for Kyler's shortcomings.

The biggest issue, and always has been, is Mike. And that's never going to change.

BIDWILL has been living the millionaire lifestyle all of his life; like a royal, he was born into it and knows nothing else. The high life, so to speak, didn't prevent him from going to law school, practising, and later being instrumental in all that was needed to construct the new stadium. You are too dismissive by half, and if it was just about money and perks, his family could sell the franchise to the tune of billions. He'd still be invited to the best parties. You have no clue as to his true personal feelings about winning.

I really don't have too many issues with Keim and Co. and there's a Co. around him that people always neglect to mention tasked with bringing him the best advice before a decision is made.

I'm starting to sour on KK and have noted more and more that he uses 'we' (and I don't mean the royal 'we') to spread the blame. That's not leadership.

Kyler, I still like and believe in even though it can be frustrating at times.

Last edited:

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Bidwill - Cares more about success than his dad, but probably loyal to a fault

Keim - Doesn't get enough credit for past success, but recent failures are becoming way too hard to ignore

Kliff - Overrated

Kyler - The work ethic will never match the talent

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bidwill - As long as he’s getting paid & has a drinking buddy, I doubt he cares about the end results on the football field. He sees Keim more as a brother than one of his workers.

Keim - All-time horrific judge of talent & coach hires. Instead of gems, he goes for names. He doesn’t do the fine digging for coordinators like a DeMeco Ryans or Brandon Staley for example. He hired Vance because despite Vance being a mediocre DC before hired here, Keim knows his name & not actual resume. It’s the same reason he hired Mike McCoy despite getting fired by the same organization, twice. I remember reading a source years ago saying McCoy was Keim’s main target as HC instead of Arians. Shows you how good his judgment is. He does not know positional value in todays game & it shows with his drafting & extensions with ILBs & RBs. He lives in his own bubble. That bubble being in the year of 1997. It doesn’t matter who the HC or QB are, I don’t believe we’ll win a SB with Keim as the GM. I also find interesting former players have taken shots at Keim over the years. Not sure if I can recall that with other GMs. Add to the fact he has TWO DUIs, yea, he’s a loser.

Kliff - Gave him the benefit of the doubt. I was actually interested in the hire. Those days are gone now. He runs a boring & unimaginative scheme that has shown QBs played better without it/him than with him dating back to college. For the life of me, I don’t understand why he hates calling motion so much. Why he hates moving his WRs/TEs around? This is all while being good friends with McVay & playing Shanahan twice a year. He’ll maybe call two plays a game that’ll make you go like “Finally, something fresh” then just revert to same old thing. I actually like him outside of coaching, but yea, he’s too stubborn, which sucks because I thought he would change.

Kyler - His attitude doesn’t bother me, but it’s a turnoff for others which I completely understand. He rarely has faced adversity before the NFL & you can see it. Would like to see more “I” instead of “we” when faulting after losses. I think he has already given up on Kliff which could be seen as good or a bad thing. Lacks self-awareness.

LA Redbird

All Star
Reaction score
It's all on Bidwill. Always has been since the bowtie (and perhaps before).

Just seems there is zero interest in actually being competitive and winning.

Keim: Don't know if he's hamstrung or if he's just not the right guy because of his own incompetence. His drafting is disastrous. Perhaps that alone is cause for judging him incompetent.

Kliff: The bro coach act doesn't work. To his credit, he is hovering around 50% with Bidwill in charge and Keim giving him a team. Maye he is better than we think. But, that doesn't change the fact that his offense is so predictable rather than "revolutionary". And he's clearly not a "quarterback whisperer" - or maybe Kyler is overhyped....

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Bidwilly - I don't know him, but what I have read he is from a nice family who cares about our society and world. Seems like a good guy.

Klem - There have been worse, but I sure would like to see someone better with a totally different approach to rating players and drafting.

Klinkberry - He might actually make a good play caller for a team. But he just isn't ready and experienced enough to be a head coach on the Pro level. I like him though and wish him well.

Kiefer Murphy - Good passer, fun player to watch but I always prefer a much bigger more traditional QB, career could be much better in a different situation and the right coach. Any QB can only be as good as his OL and the weapons around him. All things considered, he always gives us a chance to win, which is more than I can say for a lot of QBs we have paraded on the field.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's all on Bidwill. Always has been since the bowtie (and perhaps before).

Just seems there is zero interest in actually being competitive and winning.

Keim: Don't know if he's hamstrung or if he's just not the right guy because of his own incompetence. His drafting is disastrous. Perhaps that alone is cause for judging him incompetent.

Kliff: The bro coach act doesn't work. To his credit, he is hovering around 50% with Bidwill in charge and Keim giving him a team. Maye he is better than we think. But, that doesn't change the fact that his offense is so predictable rather than "revolutionary". And he's clearly not a "quarterback whisperer" - or maybe Kyler is overhyped....
I don't believe that for one second. I think he wants to be competitive with all of his being. He won't splash around the cash or make the tough decisions to go from wanting to be competitive to actually being competitive consistently.

eastcoastDave

Veteran
Reaction score
Boswell: Have no idea. He’s not his father and that’s a huge plus on his side. I do believe he wants to put a winning team on the field. Points off for giving extensions to Kiem, Kliff and Tyler.

Kiem: He’s tried to band aide this team together for years instead of building thought the draft. The best GMs know when to trade a player for future draft choices or how to draft successfully. Kiem’s drafts have been extremely disappointing for years, forcing the signing of washed up replacements that almost never work out.

Kliff: I’m wanting to embrace him, but, geez, he needs to hire an offensive coordinator to call plays on Sunday. To me the head coach needs to be just that — a head coach for all aspects of the game, not just offense.

Kyler: Too short, too immature, too self-absorbed to be a leader. I was hoping that the Cards would have traded him before this season. I’m thinking Cardinals will never be a winner with him at QB.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Boswell: Have no idea. He’s not his father and that’s a huge plus on his side. I do believe he wants to put a winning team on the field. Point off for giving extensions to Kiem, Kliff and Tyler.

Kiem: He’s tried to band aide this team together for years instead of building thought the draft. The best GMs know when to trade a player for future draft choices or how to draft successfully. Kiem’s drafts have been extremely disappointing for years, forcing the signing of washed up replacements that almost never work out.

Kliff: I’m wanting to embrace him, but, geez, he needs to hire an offensive coordinator to call plays on Sunday. To me the head coach needs to be just that — a head coach for all aspects of the game, not just offense.

Kyler: To short, to immature, to self-absorbed to be a leader. I was hoping that the Cards would have traded him before this season. I’m thinking Cardinals will never be a winner with him at QB.
Inside joke?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Here's where I am on this:

Michael Bidwill - One of the NFL's last great failsons. He had planned to become a cutting-edge owner after taking control from his father but has been quickly surpassed by deeper-pocketed new owners. He things he belongs with the Rooneys and Maras but everyone in the NFL fraternity thinks he's Mark Davis. Would like to win but is more interested in being seen as powerful and respected in the community. He wants to look good and smart on Hard Knocks. I don't think he likes Kyler very much but was convinced to pay him.

Steve Keim - He's a league-average GM who thinks he's the smartest guy in the room. His real skill is being able to manage Michael Bidwill as best he can so that he can focus on football stuff. He's good with the media when things are going well, and keeps a low profile when things are bad. He's been with the organization for a very long time, and because of that doesn't have deep roots around the rest of the NFL, so has struggled to develop and recruit new blood into the organization.

Kliff Kingsbury - An above-average head coach is a competitive advantage, so I really, really wanted Kliff to be good. At this point, I'm pretty sure he's not an above-average head coach, and I think he is kind of struggling to get up to average. I think that Kliff has good ideas about managing players today and stuff, but that has to be supported by a record of success, and the collapses have become their own narrative. He looks like a guy waiting to get fired or who doesn't feel in control of his own success.

Kyler Murray - An absolutely incandescent talent probably held back by an attitude and personality that expects success at the highest level without understanding how collaborative that success becomes. We're probably entering the "Atlanta Hires Jim Mora to Install the WCO Offense for Michael Vick" phase of his career in the next couple of years. We'll see how that works out. You'd like to see a Shanahan disciple come over.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I think complaining about Bidwill is futile. He is never going to sell what he regards as his family legacy. To me he comes across as a good guy I think he wants to win but his loyalty to friends is a genuine obstacle.

Keim, is terrible, he should have been gone after the DUI and then after we had the worst record in the NFL and assembling what was the worst group of players and most incompetent coaching staff I had ever seen. He makes some nice trades, and in his early years his 1 year Keim-Time signings paid off but he hasn't hit on one of those in a while.

Kilff, something is missing here, things in his offense about lack of motion or the reliance on the shotgun or lack of play action or what seems to be a lack of a full route tree for WRs has been written about extensively by people here and in the media. Is he not willing to change, is he incapable of change or is he dumbing it down for his players?

Kyler, super athletic and with obvious talent. He has lots of flaws but he is young and can learn, my big question is if he will do the little things to become the elite QB we need him to be. Right now he is merely a "good" QB but he needs to get over that hump--and not sure if he has it in him (mentally not physically) to do that.

NMCard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The Bidwill ownership should come to an end. They have sucked off of the Valley’s teats long enough. The Bidwills have a very long history of not being able to bring any type of Super Bowl success at any location. Michael has that DNA to do just enough to get that pool of NFL money while not winning any Super Bowls. A damn fraud. The family money is not large enough to completely be competitive.

Let’s face it Kiem is giving his mentor a run for his money at being a failure. Time to say bye bye to this recreational drunk.

Kliff is more about stroking his own ego. That is why he needs to vamanos.

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
MB: like him and believe he wants to win. That said, the off-season extensions were and are complete head-scratchers for me

SK: agree that he’s done some good-to-great work with trades (see: Hopkins, D.) and free agents, but that his drafts have been abysmal

KK: lost and completely in over his head, lacks leadership skills, and quite frankly now (given his recent contract extension) the poster boy for the NFL’s racial disparity as regards HC hires

KM: sublime talent who likely would blossom under the guidance of a knowledgeable, experienced coach-leader

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MB: Needs to hire a real GM and stay out of football business

SK: Done and needs to go ASAP

KK: NFL has figured him out. He's neither innovative or exciting. Most fans can call the next play from their chair. Done

KM: Loads of talent. Does not want to put in the work to be an elite QB. Has many flaws that need to be corrected. When a new coach is hired will he listen and understand for him to have consistent success he has to put in all the work he can? If not he's a gimmick QB that will have some exciting plays, but won't be at the level he could be

Cardinal88

Veteran
Reaction score
Bidwill is an owner of an NFL Football team. Until he does something real stupid like Sarver, that isn’t going to change. I give him a 4 on a scale of 1-10 (how many owners above 6? Not many)

Keim is what his experience shows. A pretender of a manger who cannot construct a team to compete. Can’t draft but hits on an occasional trade. You don’t win consistently without creating a fundamental process for drafting. I’d give him a 1 on a scale of 1-10

Kingsbury is still over his head. I’m not sure he is an NFL Offensive juggernaut yet but he has shown he cant be a head coach. However, I’d be curious to see what he could do without Keim sabotaging the roster. I’d give him a 4 on a scale of 1-10.

Murray still needs to learn how to be an NFL QB. He can’t run around with his head cut off like a headless chicken long term so he better start understanding what the defense is trying do against him AND what he does to counter it (aka learn how to read defenses). He can really be special if he figures it out. I give him a 7 on a scale of 1-10.

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Bidwill is the only one I kind of know and this thread is hilarious. That family views the franchise as a gift from the past and they cherish it.

The guy was a federal prosecutor and could've easily made a run at attorney general for AZ and cruised into a likely successful career in politics. The man built all that and set it to the side to run the birds.

Bidwill wants to win, big time, but just "wanting it" doesn't make it so in the NFL.

the other 3 guys, I would be speculating on. Kyler is a stud and least responsible for the success/failure of the team out of these 4 men.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Here's where I am on this:

Michael Bidwill - One of the NFL's last great failsons. He had planned to become a cutting-edge owner after taking control from his father but has been quickly surpassed by deeper-pocketed new owners. He things he belongs with the Rooneys and Maras but everyone in the NFL fraternity thinks he's Mark Davis. Would like to win but is more interested in being seen as powerful and respected in the community. He wants to look good and smart on Hard Knocks. I don't think he likes Kyler very much but was convinced to pay him.

Steve Keim - He's a league-average GM who thinks he's the smartest guy in the room. His real skill is being able to manage Michael Bidwill as best he can so that he can focus on football stuff. He's good with the media when things are going well, and keeps a low profile when things are bad. He's been with the organization for a very long time, and because of that doesn't have deep roots around the rest of the NFL, so has struggled to develop and recruit new blood into the organization.

Kliff Kingsbury - An above-average head coach is a competitive advantage, so I really, really wanted Kliff to be good. At this point, I'm pretty sure he's not an above-average head coach, and I think he is kind of struggling to get up to average. I think that Kliff has good ideas about managing players today and stuff, but that has to be supported by a record of success, and the collapses have become their own narrative. He looks like a guy waiting to get fired or who doesn't feel in control of his own success.

Kyler Murray - An absolutely incandescent talent probably held back by an attitude and personality that expects success at the highest level without understanding how collaborative that success becomes. We're probably entering the "Atlanta Hires Jim Mora to Install the WCO Offense for Michael Vick" phase of his career in the next couple of years. We'll see how that works out. You'd like to see a Shanahan disciple come over.
Yes. All of this.

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Bidwill - decent owner, mediocre at football judgement from what I see

Keim - I will never forget he brought in McCoy/Bradford/Long Neck/Rosen to lead an offense, that was the leopard showing his spots, he should have been let go with Wilks

Kliff - average, wouldn't have extended this year, would do a little better with a better GM imo

Kyler - wouldn't have extended this year and would have had a plan in place if he didn't improve

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson