Kyler Murray Contract Extended

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Michael Robinson just absolutely roasting Kyler on total access right now….. ROASTING!!! Lol wish I knew how to post it??? Anyone?
Man, Pittsburgh sports talk radio absolutely excoriated KM this afternoon. They listed his W-L record to date and his yearly TD:INT ratio and basically said it's what late-career Big Ben put up, and the kind of numbers that got Trubisky run out of Chicago. Zing! They equated him to Baker, talent-wise, and, while admitting he has better wheels, linked his small size with fading every season down the stretch. One asked the other if Kenny Pickett will have a better career. They think so. They also said, if Pickett has the same numbers after the same amount of time, they wouldn't give him a big contract (the radio hosts, not the Stillers).

Now, they did admit that the culture of NFL execs, being scared to lose any QB with even average to decent numbers, and said that's basically just the way the game is any more. Any QB like that will get money thrown at them.

They got my hackles up, for sure. I dropped a few F-bombs at the radio, and a few "Oh, come ons," especially comparing him to Mayfield (KM is better, duh). Still, some harsh thoughts that hit at a few harsh truths. KM has done absolutely nothing of note. He's being paid on potential. Well, here's to potential panning out!

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bleh. For someone who curls up in a fetal position when he sees a pass rush in the endzone, prolly not even in top 15, lol.
100% this

The first time he lays down to avoid the rush or pouts on the sidelines I'll be all over him

Hopefully he surprises us, but he has so much guaranteed money he's not forced to put in all the work he needs to take his game to next level

If he does I will praise

Until then:

Let's see how this plays out

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
100% this

The first time he lays down to avoid the rush or pouts on the sidelines I'll be all over him

Hopefully he surprises us, but he has so much guaranteed money he's not forced to put in all the work he needs to take his game to next level

If he does I will praise

Until then:

+1

He got the money before he proved anything. Let's see if he can now back it up.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well what he says isn’t wrong. And you know who he is. Lol
Yes he is. His whole premise is that Kyler hasn't done anything, using his record as an excuse... completely forgetting that Kyler/Kliff inherited one of the worst teams, EVER.

Then goes use Watson as an example where he has won a little bit more, with a sorry team.

Which is it? 3 games better over 500 yet Watson gets a pass? ****.

Sure he has a point with Allen being a better QB, but that's not Kyler's fault... and Allen just got paid. Each time a new QB gets paid, the next one gets paid more. Michael Robinson knows that.

Also. let's face facts, the Bills/Ravens are much better run organizations than the Cards. Those team were in a much better position to win than Kyler was.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
100% this

If he does I will praise

Until then:

Should he fight for extra yards with his frame and be the next RGIII?

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes he is. His whole premise is that Kyler hasn't done anything, using his record as an excuse... completely forgetting that Kyler/Kliff inherited one of the worst teams, EVER.

Then goes use Watson as an example where he has won a little bit more, with a sorry team.

Which is it? 3 games better over 500 yet Watson gets a pass? ****.

Sure he has a point with Allen being a better QB, but that's not Kyler's fault... and Allen just got paid. Each time a new QB gets paid, the next one gets paid more. Michael Robinson knows that.

Also. let's face facts, the Bills/Ravens are much better run organizations than the Cards. Those team were in a much better position to win than Kyler was.
Literally nothing he said was wrong. He’s right in everything he said. The pouting, lack of leadership, has won no meaningful games, overall record, etc… Had to have his back up QB talk him in to coming back into a game smh… And now he is the 2nd highest payed player in NFL history based on “potential” it’s pretty silly really. But don’t matter anymore we’re locked in.

Last edited:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Literally nothing he said was wrong. He’s right in everything he said. The pouting, lack of leadership, has won no meaningful games, overall record, etc… Had to have his back up QB talk him in to coming back into a game smh… And now he is the 2nd highest payed player in NFL history based on “potential” it’s pretty silly really. But don’t matter anymore we’re locked in.
Literally said plenty wrong. That's the idea with opinions, they aren't facts.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I would have done what MRob suggested… Kyler is the second highest paid player in NFL history and still hasn’t proven Jack squat. But it is what it is now. Rolling with him regardless obviously….
The money is insane but by next year he will probably not even crack the top ten players getting paid, glad they did it now

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Hate negotiating from a position of fear.

Don't dislike Kyler, but he's won 22 games in his career.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I hope Josh can turn it around.

I wasn't a fan pre draft. He seemed like a mega douche the way he was portrayed in the media. Then I read an article about how he started this scheme to raise money so all the poorer kids on the teams could afford an annual trip to Hawaii for some football thing.

Then when he was here I was really impressed by him and the way he handled himself, especially how gracious he was when we drafted Kyler. He turned up for Fitz charity baseball game just after, he made the video to fans with the joke about his condo being available. He could have played up and it would have been justified.

He's a good dude. I wish him the best.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Man, Pittsburgh sports talk radio absolutely excoriated KM this afternoon. They listed his W-L record to date and his yearly TD:INT ratio and basically said it's what late-career Big Ben put up, and the kind of numbers that got Trubisky run out of Chicago. Zing! They equated him to Baker, talent-wise, and, while admitting he has better wheels, linked his small size with fading every season down the stretch. One asked the other if Kenny Pickett will have a better career. They think so. They also said, if Pickett has the same numbers after the same amount of time, they wouldn't give him a big contract (the radio hosts, not the Stillers).

Now, they did admit that the culture of NFL execs, being scared to lose any QB with even average to decent numbers, and said that's basically just the way the game is any more. Any QB like that will get money thrown at them.

They got my hackles up, for sure. I dropped a few F-bombs at the radio, and a few "Oh, come ons," especially comparing him to Mayfield (KM is better, duh). Still, some harsh thoughts that hit at a few harsh truths. KM has done absolutely nothing of note. He's being paid on potential. Well, here's to potential panning out!

To be fair, this is largely Kyler's fault. With all the fuss in the offseason that he created it's given people the chance to set the narrative about him. He's now a sulky baby who scrubbed his IG like a child and sent memo's begging for a new deal. That's now the reality for most people, even though it's just a narrative.

The6

All Star
Reaction score
Over a hundred million guaranteed. Football over baseball easy call there. He'd probably still be riding buses in double A, scrapping to pennies together to buy dinner.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I hope Josh can turn it around.

I wasn't a fan pre draft. He seemed like a mega douche the way he was portrayed in the media. Then I read an article about how he started this scheme to raise money so all the poorer kids on the teams could afford an annual trip to Hawaii for some football thing.

Then when he was here I was really impressed by him and the way he handled himself, especially how gracious he was when we drafted Kyler. He turned up for Fitz charity baseball game just after, he made the video to fans with the joke about his condo being available. He could have played up and it would have been justified.

He's a good dude. I wish him the best.

Well, one pays a PR price in America when you state publicly that you're an atheist.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Should he fight for extra yards with his frame and be the next RGIII?
He laid down with minimal rush numerous times

That shows a giving up attitude

It can be corrected

But by giving him more money it doesn't mean he will put in the work to read defenses better and not give up on plays when he has options

Nobody is saying he should be a RB first type QB

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I didn't say it--Pittsburgh sports talk radio did.
i get that -- i just makes me question their entire premise

best analysis i heard on K1 was from Matt Hasselbeck on ESPN (IIRC)

"Is Kyler a QB that you win because of, or, you win with him? He is in the lower end of 'because of', but he is still in that tier, and you have to pay those guys."

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson