Murray's agent apparently broke off contact talks?

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lot of impatience from Murray. Gives me pause on making a long term commitment to him. Top 10 QB in first half of season who was greatly diminished down the stretch

Not just this year either. We’ve seen him nose dive the last two seasons.

If I’m AZ I’m not giving him all that money he’s shown nothing to earn it on the field or off. After last year you just can’t make excuses for him anymore

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Kyler doesnt have the credibility to demand a contract so early.

Kyler was actually doing the Cardinals a favor by asking for a contract so soon, but the Cardinals didn't realize it. (Watson/Rodgers/Carr,etc)

Both things can be true.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
In other words... KM doesn't want to earn it; he wants it handed to him. I would bet he's probably asking for ARod money... even though he's done absolutely nothing to prove he deserves it.
To be fair, he's watched this organization hand 5 year contracts to Keim and Kliff who haven't earned anything either.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's the FOs job to make an offer to Kyler. Not to accept an offer from the agent.

Burkhardt's offer wasn't worth the paper it was written on so it makes no difference if he pulled it or not.

Frankly Burkhardt is making himself seem like the low rent "ambulance chaser" kind of agent with these cheap shots and leaks. Real amateur stuff.

FO probably making them wait because of all this crap more than anything else.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Things had been quiet but his dad retweeted this a couple weeks ago @Russ Smith
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Kyler absolutely has some fault in all this but it just seems like the front office isn't helping things at all.

We want to sign a new contract that shows commitment and we want to help the franchise get talent etc.

So we lose Kirk, keep Green, sign TE's, very little OL and don't make any real response to his agents request so they pull it

Now maybe the franchise has decided they don't want Kyler and they want to make him look like the bad guy the problem is they have to trade him and if they make him look bad, his value goes down.

I really hope in the end we either work this out keep him, or make a good deal but the options are getting thinner and thinner.

So frustrating.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Kyler absolutely has some fault in all this but it just seems like the front office isn't helping things at all.

We want to sign a new contract that shows commitment and we want to help the franchise get talent etc.

So we lose Kirk, keep Green, sign TE's, very little OL and don't make any real response to his agents request so they pull it

Now maybe the franchise has decided they don't want Kyler and they want to make him look like the bad guy the problem is they have to trade him and if they make him look bad, his value goes down.

I really hope in the end we either work this out keep him, or make a good deal but the options are getting thinner and thinner.

So frustrating.
This.

Im also starting to think they really believe next year they'll be a middling team.

So either Kyler's value tanks cause they don't win enough and get him cheaper. Or Kyler plays at an MVP level (an entire year) where he carries the roster well above where they should be at. Then well whatever he's paid he's earned.

That wouldn't be a problem if Keim wasn't the one making those kind of decisions. As I've said before if you fired Kliff and Keim then it would have been easier to just let the new guys get their own guy. Now we're forced to watch Keim play chess when he's the master of checkers.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The agent pulled the offer off the table because it was comically low after the new deals were signed.

You want to be pissed at someone, blame the ineptness of the team in how they handled this off season.

Kyler got a fat raise by doing nothing.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This.

Im also starting to think they really believe next year they'll be a middling team.

So either Kyler's value tanks cause they don't win enough and get him cheaper. Or Kyler plays at an MVP level (an entire year) where he carries the roster well above where they should be at. Then well whatever he's paid he's earned.

That wouldn't be a problem if Keim wasn't the one making those kind of decisions. As I've said before if you fired Kliff and Keim then it would have been easier to just let the new guys get their own guy. Now we're forced to watch Keim play chess when he's the master of checkers.

My thing is even if you are going to trade him you need talent for the next guy. Dhop is great, I love ertz but he's getting older. I like Moore, Maxx great guy no idea how he'll play this year off the injury. Green no reason to think he'll be better than last year, likely worse at his age.

So even if they made a deal with the Texans or whoever you need talent around the replacement. THink D Hop and Ertz want to play with Baker? I like Davis Mills but again think guys like that at this point in their careers want to play with him as the QB?

Maybe this is Karma we'll trade Kyler, to Houston, then trade for Jimmy G and I'll be stuck watching him for the near future.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The agent pulled the offer off the table because it was comically low after the new deals were signed.

You want to be pissed at someone, blame the ineptness of the team in how they handled this off season.

Kyler got a fat raise by doing nothing.

Oh agreed they pulled the offer because of the increase in the market 100% agree.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When they either trade him at far less value or overpay him due to the increases in QB Salary and his 5th year option is astronomical now, we can at least say we made him wait cause it was the "Right thing to do"

Man this is some back assward thinking.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
My thing is even if you are going to trade him you need talent for the next guy. Dhop is great, I love ertz but he's getting older. I like Moore, Maxx great guy no idea how he'll play this year off the injury. Green no reason to think he'll be better than last year, likely worse at his age.

So even if they made a deal with the Texans or whoever you need talent around the replacement. THink D Hop and Ertz want to play with Baker? I like Davis Mills but again think guys like that at this point in their careers want to play with him as the QB?

Maybe this is Karma we'll trade Kyler, to Houston, then trade for Jimmy G and I'll be stuck watching him for the near future.
Its also possible that Keim doesnt believe he can infuse the roster with mega young talent unless he gets a monster deal for Kyler (He cant get all 3 1st round picks wrong right? )

And unless Kyler is going to Philly whatever team he'd go to would be really bad. Deshaun Watson had one of the better years in recent memory and won just 4 games in Houston.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Cardinals botched it up, period. But y’all got what y’all want, Kyler will be out of Az and we’ll have to start all over or draft someone we cannot develop because of Keim
You're right! Whiny babies who just melted down to end the season and the playoffs should always get rewarded :sarcasm:

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So in the mailbag for this week someone asks Urban about needs etc and he makes it really clear he thinks WR is our 2nd biggest need behind only pass rusher. I don't know if that was before we signed AJ but he made it quite clear. one of the letters the guy was suggesting trading D Hop for the 10th pick in the draft and Urban basically told him you're nuts, you NEED a #1 WR and this team needs to draft and sign a WR and one of them has to be a #2.

So I know he sees it the same way I do. So if you're moving Murray over his contract you need a bunch coming back in the deal.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You're right! Whiny babies who just melted down to end the season and the playoffs should always get rewarded :sarcasm:
So what’s the alternative?? Draft one by Keim???